Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What fun retail stores have you created?

I want to start using Get to Work again and open a retail store. I've done a paint shop and bakery. The paintings really made me A LOT of money. More money than I liked actually.
I need new ideas for another retail store. Anyone got any cool stores they've done?
Origin ID: MelMonsterx

Comments

• Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I've done what you did plus the clothing and furniture store. Not that exciting but I thought another simmers store selling herbalism brews was interesting,
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    I made a shopping mall (that has a potions store, clothing store, bakery and grocery store) that is run by NPCs, cuz it's too big for my sims to run it. LOL. The potions store won't make a profit since they are free but the grocery store sells onions and sage, etc, and also fish such as salmon and bass. My sims always goes there to buy food stuff and it's convenient for me too since I don't have to make him travel all over the place to find a certain ingredient to bake.

I also made a fast food restaurant that sells burgers and hotdogs. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    whoachica5whoachica5 Posts: 81 Member
    I created a "art fanatic" retail store. Much like you, it has a lot of paintings, but I also included rocks and fossils found and other things that the family dug up. I also added some mannequins and put together quite "artsy" outfits that always sell out. I'm having a great time with it. My whole family loves to paint and look for rare items, so it works!
  • Options
    MelMonsterxMelMonsterx Posts: 74 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I made a shopping mall (that has a potions store, clothing store, bakery and grocery store) that is run by NPCs, cuz it's too big for my sims to run it. LOL. The potions store won't make a profit since they are free but the grocery store sells onions and sage, etc, and also fish such as salmon and bass. My sims always goes there to buy food stuff and it's convenient for me too since I don't have to make him travel all over the place to find a certain ingredient to bake.

I also made a fast food restaurant that sells burgers and hotdogs. :)

Oh the fast food idea is pretty cool. I currently am running a bakery again, maybe I'll sell it and start a fast food restaurant soon. Thank you. :smiley:
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »
    I've done what you did plus the clothing and furniture store. Not that exciting but I thought another simmers store selling herbalism brews was interesting,

Yeah I saw someone said they did a yoga + herbalism store which I found really cool. but I don't have Outdoor Retreat. :(
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    edited August 2015
    I did a shopping mall as well with bakery, Clothing store, Photographers studio, Toy Store, Furniture shop, Bookstore, music shop and florist. It has a empty shop to be an ice creamery later. I made an 8 person household which I don't really play but maxed out the relevant skills for each shop (eg 1 has maxed baking & cooking for bakery, writer for the bookstore) to run it and it's working well as a place for my more playable Sims to hang out.

ETA ****Lot is on gallery under Laciandia****
    Post edited by amaresity on
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    Once I get Outdoor Retreat I plan on doing a 3 generations of wise woman style family (grandma, mum and teen) with a lil woodland cottage selling potions and herbs.
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    edited August 2015
    I made one with items that my sims created, I might put it on the gallery

edited for spelling
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    SweetAshGamerSweetAshGamer Posts: 67 Member
    I just made a lingerie store :p I think its pretty cool. Will definitely add some cc soon for it. Kinda gets a little boring.
  • Options
    RavensHrtRavensHrt Posts: 155 Member
    I've made quite a few retail stores. My latest is Midtown Florist which is a lot of fun and quite beautiful if I must say so myself. All my retail stores have attached apartments to keep my sims happy and they can stay the night and start work early. Check them out if you like.
    RavensHrt Gallery Link

My Sims 4 Games Owned
    ravenshrt_gamepack_zpscyv4apsz.png
  • Options
    JuliadotcomJuliadotcom Posts: 47 Member
    I haven't made my own yet.
    But, after reading about everyone's stores, it makes me wanna try out creating my own! :)
  • Options
    RavensHrt wrote: »
    I've made quite a few retail stores. My latest is Midtown Florist which is a lot of fun and quite beautiful if I must say so myself. All my retail stores have attached apartments to keep my sims happy and they can stay the night and start work early. Check them out if you like.

What's your Origin ID? And do you have your flower shop in the gallery? I'd like to see what it looks like. :)
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I recently completed my clothes store! I've played it only briefly but it was thoroughly enjoyable!

TS4BVCMM_zpshuraz4kt.png

There's more information about it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814794/moodmade-new-build-02-08-15-blue-velvet-clothing-store/p3

If anyone would like to find it in The Gallery then use #MoodMade
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    @Moodbeamy
    Wow that's a nice clothing store! Very well built and decorated. :)
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    @MelMonsterx Thank you very much that's kind very of you. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    RavensHrtRavensHrt Posts: 155 Member

What's your Origin ID? And do you have your flower shop in the gallery? I'd like to see what it looks like. :)

My origin ID is the same: RavensHrt and yes I have a flower shop its beautiful and very profitable, easy to run with only one sim too. Enjoy it if you download!

RavensHrt Gallery Link

My Sims 4 Games Owned
    ravenshrt_gamepack_zpscyv4apsz.png
  • Options

My origin ID is the same: RavensHrt and yes I have a flower shop its beautiful and very profitable, easy to run with only one sim too. Enjoy it if you download!
    I might download it. Do I grow the flowers myself?