Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    If anyone wanted a house with more than 8 sims I found a mod called 'The Fullhouse Mod' hope this helps!

I use this mod myself, but I still split my households as you can't edit your sims in CAS if you have more than 8-9 sims in your household.

I've hesitated in using it...but there's going to be a scene in the future that needs at least 25 people. Have you ever had that many on your grounds? I'm wondering if it will corrupt the game. My Amazon save is one of my oldest...I'm a little reverent about it. LOL!

Not yet, dear pammiechick... But I also have an idea to have all my sims on the tribe grounds (they are 13 at this time). I found the advice how to edit sims in CAS when you have them more 8-9 in your household, so maybe I'll try to take a risk in the future :)

• s9kaylynns9kaylynn Posts: 69 Member
    @lovejess2 I have a question for you...I know in the sims you can determine gender by eating fruit and listening to music but I am wondering if you consider that to be cheating. I know others have incorporated strawberries as the holy fruit but then there would be no tribal sons born. I also know with this challenge it is basically in the players hands how they handle their tribe but I am trying to play as closely to your rules as possible. What are your thoughts? Is eating a ton of strawberries appropriate in order to guarantee a girl?
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    s9kaylynn wrote: »
    @lovejess2 I have a question for you...I know in the sims you can determine gender by eating fruit and listening to music but I am wondering if you consider that to be cheating. I know others have incorporated strawberries as the holy fruit but then there would be no tribal sons born. I also know with this challenge it is basically in the players hands how they handle their tribe but I am trying to play as closely to your rules as possible. What are your thoughts? Is eating a ton of strawberries appropriate in order to guarantee a girl?
    Well I see your point but Amazons really strive for females only kind of thing so eating strawberries isn't really cheating. Also eating strawberries increase your chance but at times doesn't work so the chance of having a boy is still it's just not very common.
  • s9kaylynns9kaylynn Posts: 69 Member
    @lovejess2 Thank you! My tribe keeps on having boys so that is frustrating....I have also implamented a rule that only the first born tribe son can breed. Other sons will just be sacrificed. I have run into trouble where everyone ends up related! Hard to build up a tribe that way!
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @s9kaylynn I tend to have my creator produce around 3 or 4 children total, and only use strawberries for the first birth. The rest of the births are just whatever the game decides to give me. It makes it feel more realistic than if I were to use strawberries every time. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @s9kaylynn I tend to have my creator produce around 3 or 4 children total, and only use strawberries for the first birth. The rest of the births are just whatever the game decides to give me. It makes it feel more realistic than if I were to use strawberries every time. :)

My creator only breeds until she has a girl. Which might happen the first time then she only has one child. I only let her have other children if the first girl get plum traits like insane or something not creator-material. Feels more realistic for me.
    @Julyvee94 I'd probably do the breed until a girl method too, but it's hard to settle for one child if my creator and slave are super attractive. :D
    aSE16f8.gif
    @Julyvee94 I'd probably do the breed until a girl method too, but it's hard to settle for one child if my creator and slave are super attractive. :D

hahaha xD I still couldn't do it I would have to kill off so many good looking slaves xD I'd rather have them around. More sixpacks!
  • BloodRedSisterBloodRedSister Posts: 186 Member
    Hey guys, Just finished reading through all the posts for this challenge. Wow so many positive comments. I have wanted to play the Amazon Challenge for long time, thank you LoveJess for hooking my curiosity. The only reason I kept delaying was because I was was not really certain how it would play through with my current world. Now I see how versatile this challenge could be and the possibilities for expanding on my own Sims story. Oh the possibilities.

So I am introducing Brunnhilde the Asgardian. She has been charged by the All Father Odin to gather heroic mortal female warriors from across the Fifth Realm and raise up the mighty Valkyrior.
    @Julyvee94 I know what you mean! My first three births were all cute boys, and so I just had to save them to my library for later use. ;)
    aSE16f8.gif
    Brunnhilde stood alone among the tall cypress trees and watched the last of the Rainbow Bright shimmer away through the early twilight. She considered for a moment when again Heimdall would send forth the Bifrost and summon her home. Yet there was much she must achieve before she could again sit at the great feasting tables of Asgard.

This night she would dine on marshmallows charred over a fire pit. And come the morning she would procure for herself a slave. So then shall it begin.
    Hey guys. Hey Julyvee thank you for your comment. Iam loving this challenge, still can not believe how smoothly it has blended in with my current story. My usual game style is to play as two rival households, so of course now one house wants very much for Brunnhilde to succeed and the other house want to oppose her at any opportunity. More drama.

Just one quick question. When I bulldozed the lot prior to Brunnhilde moving in and setting up her encampment I lost all the flora and so the lot was just bland. I replaced all the flora as it was originally and now Iam wondering if I have to pay for this from the initial starting funds? Flowers are very expensive.
  • MyPuppyMissyMyPuppyMissy Posts: 13 New Member
    I might start this challenge sounds fun
    @Julyvee94 when will your next post be up
    @Julyvee94 when will your next post be up

Maaaaybe tonight but I guess it will be tomorrow :) I'm in town today glad you read my story
    @Julyvee94 yay
    Hey MyPuppyMissy The Amazon Challenge Really is fun. I am now on day 3 Simlish time and only now beginning to build the main structure.
    @BloodRedSister Im going for it
    Hey MyPuppyMissy Good Fortunes
    Hey guys I have another question, sorry. Are there any price listing for the purchasing of slaves? My Creators first slave was gifted to her but there will come a time I am sure when she will need to purchase another. And as she is on a very tight budget and by nature very frugal I am just wondering at the expensive?
    I'm not aware of prices for slaves...you could make up your own. There aren't any rules about it.
    aSE16f8.gif
    HowGreatThouArt thank you for the answering. I am thinking to use the price listings similar for purchasing furniture in Buy mode. Oh and Hey BTW.
    The Amazon Challenge End of Week I summary

Hey again guys. So My Creator has had a very rewarding first week. On the morning following her arrival she met with a mysterious woman who seemed very interested as to why Brunnhilde had journeyed to the Fifth Realm and begifted her a slave to aid her. Construction then began at the encampment, although very slowly. I decided not to use instant build. Every item object I placed meant so many hours, or days even, Simlish time to assemble. And I am really happy with the result, so far. I uploaded to The Gallery if anyone is interested to look. Origin ID BloodRedSister. For some reason I could not add HashTag. No idea why. Maybe someone could help me with that ? Plans now for the second week. Well, continue excavating the basement and building slave quarters plus kitchen area. Also My Creator will need to procure a second slave, hopefully a skilled stone mason so as walls can be added to the Temple. Main structure.

Just to add I am really enjoying the challenge so thank you again especially Julyvee for all the help and interest and to all the talented writers whose tribal stories have been so entertaining and inspiring. At some time, hopefully not too distant future, I may be able to post my own. Good Fortunes.
    @BloodRedSister You sure are going all out! I'll be interested to see the pictures.
    aSE16f8.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top