Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

Comments

• Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
    Started playing my "Amazone-story" a couple of days ago, but have so far only played a few (sims)days. Spent quite some time setting up the neighbourhoods for a better background for my story (changed some clothes and a few names, edited some of the lots, etc.) - I'm somewhat pedantic when it comes to my Sims games, and like that most things fit my storyline, even if it means I have to check in on the neighbours to change their looks and lots from time to time. Also, to get my plot running smoothly, I need all of the sims in that save (played and unplayed) to be part of the Amazone culture. Hoping that I manage to earn my forum-membership before I grow tired of the story and stop playing it ;)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I needed to read a lot and even watch a docomentary movie till I deciced how I'll write my own amazon tribe story and how I'll play it. Big thanks to @lovejess2 for Amazon challenge rules as it helped me to focus on my amazons, what they should be.

Once I thought how it would be great if my amazons could live in similar to Native American tents, ride on horses and use different ancient weapons like bows, arrows, axes... It's almost possible in the sims 3, maybe it will be possible in the sims 4 someday too. Now I'll enjoy spa day game pack when it will come :) And it's always good to write your own story as you can tell it in that way you want :)
  • S3qu3nceS3qu3nce Posts: 28 Member
    I just began making my creator tonight :) I didn't have time to finish her or move her in, but I am starting this challenge one of the next days - I am really looking forward to it, I was really inspired by @pammiechick , @SNDGIRL and @Megurun to begin this, their stories are so alive, so they made me want to be a part of this world :)
  • MegurunMegurun Posts: 61 Member
    S3qu3nce wrote: »
    I just began making my creator tonight :) I didn't have time to finish her or move her in, but I am starting this challenge one of the next days - I am really looking forward to it, I was really inspired by @pammiechick , @SNDGIRL and @Megurun to begin this, their stories are so alive, so they made me want to be a part of this world :)

Thanks, that made me smile! I'll definitely read your story! <3
    dwpee.png
  • S3qu3nceS3qu3nce Posts: 28 Member
    @Megurun - I am not sure wether I will post a story yet, but if I do I'll let you know :) I'll start off by 'just playing' the challenge, but I will take pictures and see if I can figure out how to make it in to a story I think is worth posting ;) I usually don't write fiction except for when I was forced to in school, so I need to overcome that barrier - I'm more of a r'ead fiction, write about facts' type of person, but maybe the amazons will be real enough to make me feel creative ;)
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    I just started the Amazon challenge today. My creator bred with a slave and is pregnant. For right now I am sacrificing the slaves that have been bred with because I have no other disposal method. My concern is that the creator and the other people in the tribe will mourn him after he is gone. Is there a way to stop this? Or will I have to dispose of the headstone to stop them from living in a cloud of perpetual sadness?
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I just started the Amazon challenge today. My creator bred with a slave and is pregnant. For right now I am sacrificing the slaves that have been bred with because I have no other disposal method. My concern is that the creator and the other people in the tribe will mourn him after he is gone. Is there a way to stop this? Or will I have to dispose of the headstone to stop them from living in a cloud of perpetual sadness?
    If you want to keep the slave you can as there are relationship cheats to make their relationship go back to zero. If you go through with killing him place the headstone in a fenced off area.
  • Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @lovejess2 Thanks! He is in the "pit of sacrifice" right now!
  • SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    S3qu3nce wrote: »

:O omg thank you! This means so much! Glad I could inspire you!

~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Love this challenge! Where do you think the new wellness skill would fit in? With the Shaman? Maybe the Provider or Scholar? Perhaps you should bring the rank of Champion from the original challenge and they would "teach" meditation and yoga and give massages to amazons for best performance, as well as mentoring them in athletic skills.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    The new ranking is done with the Spa Day update.
    They are known as sisters and there is more information on the first page. Even though they must be chosen from childhood the first sister can be added via CAS and make sure she is a young adult. I would like to add that once a sister reaches her elder birthday her title will be taken away and she will no longer be a sister just an amazon elder.
    @lovejess2, I've just read amazones challenge updated rules and I was really glad knowing that we think similar :) Before starting this challenge I already had idea to tell about amazon tribe what believed in moon goddess (goddess name is Nanina), later I found a temple for those amazons what will want to be Moon Maidens (you called them Sisters Of The Moon)... I don't have any Moon Maiden yet cause Blessing Moon tribe is still very young, still thinking and collecting my ideas about Moon Maidens life in the temple (I called it Nanina's Temple in my game). But it's really great feeling to know that someone thinks about amazons similar like you, it made my day :)<3
  • Lindsey20771Lindsey20771 Posts: 325 Member
    Where did you guys get clothes that look more tribe like?
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Lindsey20771 check out thesimsresource, search for "tribal", there is some good stuff there
    Alright, thank you
    edited July 2015
    > @JulyaVee said:
    > Lindsey20771 check out thesimsresource, search for "tribal", there is some good stuff there

I didn't find much of anything
    Post edited by Lindsey20771 on
    @JulyaVee Thank you and I am logged in, most of that just didn't come up when I looked
  • Nemo91UtdNemo91Utd Posts: 102 Member
    Today I decided to write down the beginning of my Amazon-story, even if I'm not yet a member and therefore can not post the story in my own forum-thread. I felt this would be the best for my own well being, as the story has been occupying way too much of my mind lately.
    As I can not create my own thread yet, I started writing in Word, planning to eventually copy-paste into the forum when (if) I get my membership.
    What was only meant to be a brief writing session as I downed my "morning" coffee, turned into spending the better part of a rather sunny afternoon inside the house writing (in hindsight I should have taken my laptop outside - or better still, just stopped in time). The result? Almost six (yes, 6) pages packed with the early story of my Amazon tribe. I have now promised myself that when (or if) I continue writing this story, I will do my best to be less elaborating. For now, as a little sneak peek; I have posted the first chapter of the "Book of Ama" (the stories of the 1st generation of my tribe) in my profile page. Feel free to visit and read :)
  • SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    Nemo91Utd wrote: »
    Today I decided to write down the beginning of my Amazon-story, even if I'm not yet a member and therefore can not post the story in my own forum-thread. I felt this would be the best for my own well being, as the story has been occupying way too much of my mind lately.
    As I can not create my own thread yet, I started writing in Word, planning to eventually copy-paste into the forum when (if) I get my membership.
    What was only meant to be a brief writing session as I downed my "morning" coffee, turned into spending the better part of a rather sunny afternoon inside the house writing (in hindsight I should have taken my laptop outside - or better still, just stopped in time). The result? Almost six (yes, 6) pages packed with the early story of my Amazon tribe. I have now promised myself that when (or if) I continue writing this story, I will do my best to be less elaborating. For now, as a little sneak peek; I have posted the first chapter of the "Book of Ama" (the stories of the 1st generation of my tribe) in my profile page. Feel free to visit and read :)

Cool! Looking forward to your story!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • lostmytardis_lostmytardis_ Posts: 33 Member
    If anyone wanted a house with more than 8 sims I found a mod called 'The Fullhouse Mod' hope this helps! <3
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    I posted introduction of my tribe on my profile page. (Maybe someone wants to read it) I really would like to write my own amazon story. I have read many stories and got inspired.
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    I posted introduction of my tribe on my profile page. (Maybe someone wants to read it) I really would like to write my own amazon story. I have read many stories and got inspired.

I read it and posted a comment there, you can check it :)

If anyone wanted a house with more than 8 sims I found a mod called 'The Fullhouse Mod' hope this helps!

I use this mod myself, but I still split my households as you can't edit your sims in CAS if you have more than 8-9 sims in your household.

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    If anyone wanted a house with more than 8 sims I found a mod called 'The Fullhouse Mod' hope this helps!

I use this mod myself, but I still split my households as you can't edit your sims in CAS if you have more than 8-9 sims in your household.

I've hesitated in using it...but there's going to be a scene in the future that needs at least 25 people. Have you ever had that many on your grounds? I'm wondering if it will corrupt the game. My Amazon save is one of my oldest...I'm a little reverent about it. LOL!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top