Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** NEW! A Cottage For Christmas! NO CC PG 123** by TarynTempestwind

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Bishop and Bettie are very cute kittens! :) They will be very special members of sims households!
    Just a little thing though is that Bishop's link is missing the end part of the exchange link.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Oooo.... Lake Town is absolutely beautiful @TarynTempestwind . I can just imagine how much time you put into this build. Loving the details and the quirkiness of this village. Well done :D
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    Thank you Rosemow! I have the link fixed! Thanks for telling me!
    edited June 2015
    Thank you soocoolsims
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Have you guys heard the rumor that Taryntempestwind cannot build..............?

Yeah me neither o:)

AWESOME BUILD AS ALWAYS..LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    @TarynTempestwind omg!!!! Soooo pretty !! I want it i want it!!! :))

Really hard to find words to describe.. I donot have dragon valley, did you use many items fm there? Important ones i mean?

Where did u originally build this town... ehemm I mean town? :) I might overlooked this info because I am mesmerised !!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Wow Taryn, Lake Town is so charming and adorable. Love all the little spaces you've created and the amount of you work you've put into it is very impressive (as always!). Love it!!! Rec'd. So good to see you back in the Sims 3 threads. I've been wanting to get that gondola set, but was waiting for them to put the items up for sale separately, but still not available. Oh well!
    edited June 2015
    Craven, you make me laugh! Thank you! ( sneaky hug)

Duyguugudur....alas, I am sure I used some of Dragon Valley. I will look and see how much I used. Maybe it isn't much. The lot was built in Appoloosa Plains. I'm sorry! I started this build back in December of last year after watching the Hobbit and having e wild notion that I could use the gondola and make a Sim's Version to ride around Lake Town in. It's been so long I am fuzzy as to what I actually used. I tried not to use store single pieces, but a few were just the right piece. I will look over what is included and I will get back to you! ( I did have the arrow shooting structure in the city center, but I pulled it out once I over thought it and realized that if anyone missed their target, they might shoot someone on a gondola ride. I know this cannot actually happen, but still.... I take my game too seriously!

Edit***. I think the only item from Dragon Valley is the roof piece that is sitting on top of the look-out tower! Which is definitely not a big deal!

EditEdit***. I also may have used the wisteria vines. I used the tapestry and the branchy columns on the look-out tower too.

SandraElle! Thank you! I gave been away, yes. Life and such. Though, I loved making this lot, it took me months. I tried Sims 4 but am having a hard time enjoying it. So I think I will stay in Sims3 mode for a good while longer. No color-wheel, no terrain effects, MOO that can't be counted on to stay put and no toddlers?? Babies that are tied to their bassinets? Sheesh! I feel cut off at the knee and frustrated in Sims4! I am DisSIMenchanted. ( sorry to everyone that loves it, this is my own issue)

I am trying to love Sims4, but so far I just feel frustrated. I have a couple of builds I am working on, and I may upload them, but I just have more fun in Sim3.

Since I am a firm believer that my free time should be fun time and not frustrated time, I reach for my sims3. This build let me use lots of the sets I own and have never played with. Sorry that it has maybe more store items than many of you have, but it was good fun for me to get to use them! I generally try to keep my builds more user friendly for everyone. But gosh, it's fun to use all the crayons in your color box!

Thank you again for all your notes and rec's and faves and I hope you downloaders have fun exploring the town!

T

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member

SandraElle! Thank you! I gave been away, yes. Life and such. Though, I loved making this lot, it took me months. I tried Sims 4 but am having a hard time enjoying it. So I think I will stay in Sims3 mode for a good while longer. No color-wheel, no terrain effects, MOO that can't be counted on to stay put and no toddlers?? Babies that are tied to their bassinets? Sheesh! I feel cut off at the knee and frustrated in Sims4! I am DisSIMenchanted. ( sorry to everyone that loves it, this is my own issue)

I am trying to love Sims4, but so far I just feel frustrated. I have a couple of builds I am working on, and I may upload them, but I just have more fun in Sim3.

Since I am a firm believer that my free time should be fun time and not frustrated time, I reach for my sims3. This build let me use lots of the sets I own and have never played with. Sorry that it has maybe more store items than many of you have, but it was good fun for me to get to use them! I generally try to keep my builds more user friendly for everyone. But gosh, it's fun to use all the crayons in your color box!

Thank you again for all your notes and rec's and faves and I hope you downloaders have fun exploring the town!

T

I'm glad I got your perspective on Sims 4 -- it is on sale right now for 50% off and I thought, hmmm....should I get it, should I get it? But I keep going back and forth, because I *know* I will miss the color wheel and MOO, etc....And I feel like there are still lots of things I still want to build in Sims 3. I think I would be just as frustrated..... :-)

• duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    Craven, you make me laugh! Thank you! ( sneaky hug)

Duyguugudur....alas, I am sure I used some of Dragon Valley. I will look and see how much I used. Maybe it isn't much. The lot was built in Appoloosa Plains. I'm sorry! I started this build back in December of last year after watching the Hobbit and having e wild notion that I could use the gondola and make a Sim's Version to ride around Lake Town in. It's been so long I am fuzzy as to what I actually used. I tried not to use store single pieces, but a few were just the right piece. I will look over what is included and I will get back to you! ( I did have the arrow shooting structure in the city center, but I pulled it out once I over thought it and realized that if anyone missed their target, they might shoot someone on a gondola ride. I know this cannot actually happen, but still.... I take my game too seriously!

Edit***. I think the only item from Dragon Valley is the roof piece that is sitting on top of the look-out tower! Which is definitely not a big deal!

EditEdit***. I also may have used the wisteria vines. I used the tapestry and the branchy columns on the look-out tower too.

T

@TarynTempestwind thank you very much hun!! :) why are u sorry?lol this is like a dream build/s for me, I loved it !!! As for DV, i donot know what are wisteria vines but it doesn't sounds too big or important same as tapestry...

Only concerning thing is column but sure game will replace.. I can at but marvel its beauty!! Amazing dreamlike ... very detailed and time consuming,thank you for sharing!!!

Can i ask one last thing , do you remember where you had built it at AP? >.<

Big hugs xxx
    There is a 64x64 lot in AP that is down by the river. Directly across from it is a lot with a fence and a tall wooden archway entrance. It isn't hard to find!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @taryntempestwind This is a work of art! I've always loved your builds and this is just awesome and totally worth waiting for. Sorry life got busy, but, glad you had this to keep the fun going in the Sims. I'm putting it in a town today and I know my sims will have a fun and exciting time exploring it.

Totally agree about Sims4. I didn't buy it and unless they can salvage it I won't.
  • Jen1129Jen1129 Posts: 267 Member
    Lake Town is another masterpiece, Taryn! It's like a vacation spot/tourist attraction for the home world. The architecture is amazing.

Once again, thank you for sharing your work with us; you spoil our Simmies!
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    I was not on the forums for a long long time but I must come in to tell you, how I love your Lake Town! Every detail is so perfect! I love the shape of all the builds and there is so much to explore. I am fascinated by this amazing lot.

I am happy that you are building for TS3. I never will purchase the Sims4 and it is so great to see new builds of one of the best builders (YOU! <3 )! Thank you for sharing!
    Thank you Jen and Lucy and Bekkasan! ( hugs!)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    OMGOODNESS Taryn! I can't even put into words just how amazing this entire lot is, there is just so much detail. I LOVE IT!!!! Rec'd and Fav'd and must DL for later use!
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Wow you are so awesomely talented! Wonderful build! <3<3<3 it!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
    Thank you Meg's and Simhead!
  • littlebirdielittlebirdie Posts: 38 Member
    I love your builds! Lurked through a few of the pages and just AMAZING!
    Thank you LittleBirdie!
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    T! Lake Town is simply Gorgeous as always and so detailed! A must have for sure!

This cracked me up! :p I do the same thing!
    ( I did have the arrow shooting structure in the city center, but I pulled it out once I over thought it and realized that if anyone missed their target, they might shoot someone on a gondola ride. I know this cannot actually happen, but still.... I take my game too seriously!

• GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Bwahahahaha, like me, always installing a fence around the swimming pools in case a Sim fell in and drowned..........also when owning a dog. a fenced in backyard....too bad about the gates. lol ;)
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Wow Taryn, what a build. It is all just so awesome!! Makes me want to go back to middle earth for just a bit. Got it rec'd and fav'd. :)
    Thank you Romagi, Glenkati and Nini!

Yes! Pets must have a fence! Children too!
    Stairs must have rails and porches too! Safety first! Be careful what decor you hang over a crib so baby can't pull it down.

I am always redoing something because I think looks unsafe. Even if I know that in the sims game you can't fall down the stairs or off the porch, it still doesn't sit well with me that it looks like you could!
    edited August 2015
    Hi every one! Here is my summer project!

After visiting the cities of new York and Chicago this year, I was inspired to make a row of townhouses. This little block of homes has 5 separate, unique homes. I decorated the end house of the left. the other homes can all be built to your taste if you should chose another home in the row. I would recommend deleting everything in the decorated home to save graphic usage though. Each home has a different style and a backyard area.

Urban Townhouses: (NO CC) Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8732166

Screenshot-87_zpsxdc9gdyx.jpg

Screenshot-84_zps6oz4wj0j.jpg

Screenshot-81_zpsybxaq0sc.jpg

Screenshot-77_zpscduk0kj0.jpg

Screenshot-78_zpspbyox0hx.jpg

Screenshot-33%20-%20Copy_zpsbtinrqzf.jpg

The back of the townhouses:
    Screenshot-14%20-%20Copy_zpsgmse6rte.jpg

Close-up of homes 1 and 2:
    Screenshot-85_zps34kcruwf.jpg

close-up of Homes 3-5:
    Screenshot-86_zpsdhc4umwy.jpg

This is the home I chose to decorate. I wanted to do an elegant, swanky, ritzy home for a well-to-do family. It has 5 bedrooms, which all have private baths. 4 of the bedrooms have walk-in closets. The home has a library/study, a conservatory, a theater room, work-out room and dance studio. It has several balconies, a deck, a garden area and even a pool!:
    Screenshot-18%20-%20Copy_zpswam2gpi8.jpg

The 3 car garage and side view of the house:
    Screenshot-17%20-%20Copy_zpsqt92kgwe.jpg

The back of the home. The rooms that walk out to the deck are the little seating area off the kitchen and the master bedroom to the right:
    Screenshot-16%20-%20Copy_zpspskyzan3.jpg

Screenshot-67_zpsjgaw77yw.jpg

The Pool area below:
    Screenshot-70_zps2jxf7en6.jpg

Screenshot-68_zpshmdpg7qg.jpg

Shall we go inside?
    Screenshot-34%20-%20Copy_zps0lajmsra.jpg

The foyer:
    Screenshot-59_zpsjygmjqca.jpg

Screenshot-58_zpsroxrtft2.jpg

The large, sweeping stairway up to the second floor:
    Screenshot-57_zpsioy7citn.jpg

The stairway, looking down from the third floor:
    Screenshot-37%20-%20Copy_zpsbzd0i1wa.jpg

The view into the home:
    Screenshot-56_zpsxsufhcqi.jpg

The living room-through the arches on each side of the fireplace is the library /study:
    Screenshot-50%20-%20Copy_zps8jgj9kue.jpg

The living room fireplace:
    Screenshot-71_zpsmx9ud1eu.jpg

The library/study:
    Screenshot-49%20-%20Copy_zpsxlzlqgv7.jpg

Next is the open dining room:
    Screenshot-52_zpsh09tzac3.jpg

The Kitchen:
    Screenshot-53_zps2d5xyrmp.jpg

Off of the kitchen is a little seating area and a bathroom (not shown, behind the dining room hutch to the left) You can go outside to the deck from this room
    Screenshot-55_zpsiphznvdc.jpg

The large, airy Master bedroom- you can also go out to the deck from this room - just to the right in the picture:
    Screenshot-45%20-%20Copy_zpsi3emuwwe.jpg

I cut the size of the master bathroom a little bit to give you a fabulous closet:
    Screenshot-46%20-%20Copy_zpsq3qyjkuz.jpg

A peek into the master bathroom:
    Screenshot-47%20-%20Copy_zps4u4py0dv.jpg

Upstairs, we have a little conservatory with a tv room. There is a balcony and large outdoor space just outside:
    Screenshot-40%20-%20Copy_zpspdwc1wul.jpg

Screenshot-41%20-%20Copy_zpszzhiqdw2.jpg

Screenshot-44%20-%20Copy_zpsgpn6io6e.jpg

It looks we are expecting twin girls! Yay! There is an attached private bathroom:
    Screenshot-42%20-%20Copy_zpsqjxs1qkb.jpg

Also on the second floor is a bedroom for a little ballerina - with bar and a mirror space to practice her ballet! She has a private bathroom and a walk-in closet:
    Screenshot-65_zpsn47e5nbf.jpg

Up we go to the third floor! You can go out to a balcony on this level too. There are two bedrooms on this floor, a teen girl's and a teen boy's. both have private bathrooms and walk-in closets.

The girl's room - set up for a budding artist:
    Screenshot-35%20-%20Copy_zpsbaib0rnb.jpg

A peek into her bathroom:
    Screenshot-36%20-%20Copy_zpspb0iofiv.jpg

The teen boy's bedroom:
    Screenshot-39%20-%20Copy_zpsconq4842.jpg

You will be in great shape navigating all these stairs daily! Lets go down to the basement level.

A dance studio - also on this level, but not shown is a spa-bath- for after you work out!:
    Screenshot-60_zpswnmuw7kn.jpg

The work-out room:
    Screenshot-61_zpsa7hhmsaw.jpg

A laundry room that leads from the garage into the home:
    Screenshot-62_zpsdyrgrqtc.jpg

Here is the theater room for family fun!
    Screenshot-63_zpsmj8sgxpy.jpg

Screenshot-64_zpsanlwiiof.jpg

In total, there are 5 bedrooms, and 8 bathrooms. ( I say hire a maid!) Everything has been upgraded and fireproofed. Hampers are hidden, and so are alarms. There is no CC as always. If anything doesn't look familiar, it is simply MOOed! If you choose another one of the homes, I would completely deleate everything in the home I decorated. There is tons of stuff in this house, and it will be hard on your computer to have to load an entire other home along with this one.

Another tip: Lock all exterior doors of the homes "to everyone" of the homes not in use. Just take a few minutes and go around the homes and lock them all. Lock the gates, or remove them entirely to help your sims be less confused about where to go, and which home is theirs. I would love to know if you decorate a different home in this block. If so, I'd love to see photos of how you designed the home too! You can post pictures here if you like!

Thank you for viewing, and for any rec's or downloads! I hope you enjoy playing this lot!

The Urban Townhouses: Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8732166

Screenshot-33%20-%20Copy_zpsbtinrqzf.jpg
    Post edited by TarynTempestwind on