Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Ceunon20 wrote: »
    @Weathie your challenge is not the unique slowly here! xD
    I just have three children and having problems to make babies with my sims lately, all pregnancy tests are being negative and I don't know how to figure out what going on.
    Don't matter what is that issue but came after the last update.

That sucks!! Tbh I'm just really rubbish at getting guys! I think they're all terrified of poor Phoebe. Just had baby number 7, his father is John Watson from Sherlock. I've totalyl forgotten his name, the poor thing!
    Now Pheeb's is pregnant with Don Lothario's baba! Looking forward to seeing what this one will look like!
    untitled-1.png

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    kata wrote: »
    I was looking through my kids' family trees and realized that I had accidentally used one of the baby daddies twice... -_- Now I feel like if I win this challenge, it won't be a clean win. Gonna have to be more careful from now on and come up with some system to keep track of the daddies and babies. Baby number 20 is on its way.

I keep a notebook with all my Sims stuff - so I track my baby daddies that way. You can prob keep a spreadsheet with the names too. :)
    I was looking through my kids' family trees and realized that I had accidentally used one of the baby daddies twice... -_- Now I feel like if I win this challenge, it won't be a clean win. Gonna have to be more careful from now on and come up with some system to keep track of the daddies and babies. Baby number 20 is on its way.

I keep a notebook with all my Sims stuff - so I track my baby daddies that way. You can prob keep a spreadsheet with the names too. :)

You're so organised. I like to think I am, but I fail hard. Half the time I can't remember what happened in my previous LPs. Genius! I need a spreadsheet, yesterday.
    untitled-1.png

Weathie wrote: »

You're so organised. I like to think I am, but I fail hard. Half the time I can't remember what happened in my previous LPs. Genius! I need a spreadsheet, yesterday.

Oh I only remember b/c I play a few in a row. If it's been a week then I'm like, who are these Sims?? Hahahaa
    But I like to be organized and have notebooks. I've had them since the beginning. I keep a list of names for my Sims (ad pets where there is a Pets expansion pack) and cheat codes and stuff. LOL.
    My Sims 4 notebook even has tabby things for each section/LP so I can easily flip to them. I'm nuts ;)
  • jms62511jms62511 Posts: 167 Member
    ChazLee86 wrote: »
    jms62511 wrote: »
    I am trying this challenge for the first time. I am excited and a little nervous to try it. I'm just afraid of breaking the rules, but I guess as long as I do what the list says, I should be okay.

Good Luck! Glad you are going to give it a go.

The rules aren't very difficult to follow once you get going.

Don't forget to let us know how your family are getting on :)

I just saw this haha. Sorry about that :/ I started doing this challenge on YouTube, and I am currently on part 7 of it. My matriarch, Veronica Goldberg (random name generator chose it for me :p ) just gave birth to her second child, and she is on her way to getting pregnant with her third one. If any of you want to follow up on my progress, you're more than welcome to look at my channel. You can even subscribe if you wish :) Just look for SimmingWithNettles, and you will find me! Oh, I will post pictures of Veronica with her first and second child as soon as play again.
    New Beginnings - Story on my Instagram page, bloominglotussims
  • krh09krh09 Posts: 66 Member
    Have just created my sim & moved her into a starter home. Will be creating a YouTube lets play video on Thursday & also possibly starting a blog for the story line. So excited!!
    I am trying this challenge for the first time. I am excited and a little nervous to try it. I'm just afraid of breaking the rules, but I guess as long as I do what the list says, I should be okay.

I just saw this haha. Sorry about that :/ I started doing this challenge on YouTube, and I am currently on part 7 of it. My matriarch, Veronica Goldberg (random name generator chose it for me :p ) just gave birth to her second child, and she is on her way to getting pregnant with her third one. If any of you want to follow up on my progress, you're more than welcome to look at my channel. You can even subscribe if you wish :) Just look for SimmingWithNettles, and you will find me! Oh, I will post pictures of Veronica with her first and second child as soon as play again.
    krh09 wrote: »
    Have just created my sim & moved her into a starter home. Will be creating a YouTube lets play video on Thursday & also possibly starting a blog for the story line. So excited!!

Will be checking out both your channels when I get chance. Love seeing how others play this challenge :smile:
    untitled-1.png

• klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    My sims now has 4 babies including one from Mortimer Goth! I already found my next baby daddy: Don Lothario! >:)
  • lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi! I am just starting the challenge :D My matriarch is called Ayesha Ivy, and I would post pictures but I can't since I'm still a new member :(
  • SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    I think I missed out on Mortimer Goth! :open_mouth: I didn't even realize. And he's since aged up and I think died in my neighbourhood.
    Come to think of it, I don't think I used any of the "original" characters.
    How sad. :p

I'm thinking about starting a Youtube channel but I haven't been able to convince my fiance to let me use his computer to do recording and stuff. xD
  • RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    How's everyone liking Newcrest? I put a couple of homes in but I haven't built anything myself yet. I wish I could get into the youtube thing. I just don't know what to use to record game play and voice stuff. I blog but it would be nice to keep everyone up to date with video.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    I like Newcrest! Although I haven't really developed it in my 100 Baby Challenge Game file... I'll probably end up just downloading houses of potential men for my matriarch(s) in that save file. I've been practicing my building in Newcrest otherwise.

Yeah, I've never really made videos before - no experience with editing or anything, but I figured it'd be something new to try. If I could ever convince my fiancee anyways. :confused:
    Newcrest is OK, I've not really played with it too much to be honest, but that's an awesome idea @SimmerSteffie to add in more house for more baby daddys!

@Rhyanie
    You should totally start a Youtube channel! It's a lot of fun, I use FRAPS to record the video and Audacity to record my voice, then I edit using Adobe Premiere.
    I love it, it's become something of a hobby, also, it keeps me interested in the game as I kinda feel I may have got bored by now if I didn't feel I was sharing my antics with others.
    untitled-1.png

@Weathie do you record your voice and video simultaneously??

OriginID RachieBee22
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    Baby Challenge Data

krh09 wrote: »

Will be checking out both your channels when I get chance. Love seeing how others play this challenge :smile:

Sounds good :) I'll be starting mine on Thursday.
  • JokersKiddoJokersKiddo Posts: 19 Member
    I love this challenge. Thank you so much for remaking it for sims 4. I started it a few days ago and was having nothing but boys! Finally I had my first twins, and they were girls! I'm naming them alphabetically, thought it was a cool little add on for my challenge.
    Custom Content Addicts Anonymous <3
    Rhyanie wrote: »

I do. I usually hit record on the voice recorder first and then hit record on the video, sometimes it's a bit of a nuisance to sync the two though.
    untitled-1.png

• EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    I love newcrest but so far I'm only using it to try and improve my building skills. Love it though, it's so much fun. It's my only save file where I just build. Gotta go through those soon, I have A LOT of save files.

Haha I just got Mortimer Goth and he was an elder when I got him. I thought for sure he was dead. I wanted to get Geoffery Landgraab but I think he's dead or close to dead now. The first time I tried flirting with him he didn't like me very much and I haven't tried again since. Otherwise I only have Don Lothario and Mortimer Goth for original characters. I might try and see if Malcolm is anywhere around and get ahold of him...

If you have a Nvidia graphics card you can get GeForce, which comes with Shadow Play. That records audio and video at the same time.

I've had it drop audio a few times, which sucks, but for the amount I've recorded, losing two/three audio clips is not too bad.
    I'm too lazy to record audio in addition, but tis prob not a bad idea to have audacity in the background for a failsafe.
    What programs do you guys use to record your gameplay? At this moment I am just using the Quicktimes program that comes on my Mac, but I don't really know if that's what I want to continue using or not. I think it would be beneficial if I upgraded aha
    @krh09 I use FRAPS. I find it really simple and that's great for me (Who can be pretty derpy at times!) There are a whole bunch of other programs you can use though, although I've not dabbled too much. @Spacey72659 what recording software do you use?
    untitled-1.png

@krh09 I use FRAPS. I find it really simple and that's great for me (Who can be pretty derpy at times!) There are a whole bunch of other programs you can use though, although I've not dabbled too much. @Spacey72659 what recording software do you use?

Yeah, that's why i use the quick times program on the computer. Super simple aha I don't like all the complicated stuff that's out there. At the moment it's working for me, I would just like it if it would record the sound plus my talking at the same time. Since I have to plug in my iPhone headphones that come with the mic, it doesn't allow that ... or at least I don't think it does lol
    Totally downloaded FRAPS, the video and audio recording worked well for me. I found a free video editor as well, Machete Lite is what I used to splice my video together. I'm going to make my youtube channel and then post the link in my signature. I'm sick with a pretty bad sinus infection so I sound horrible and really monotone lol. I didn't realize I'd have to splice my video everytime I thought I hit pause on recording. I had to pause cause I was coughing and it just sounds awful when you hear it even though I'm covering the microphone. Guess I'll just wait until I'm better before I record my next installment.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    Baby Challenge Data
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Now that several of my kids have become YA and moved out, I'm getting a new kind of enjoyment out of it...they come to visit me! I don't feel so cooped up with the little ones now lol.
    Totally downloaded FRAPS, the video and audio recording worked well for me. I found a free video editor as well, Machete Lite is what I used to splice my video together. I'm going to make my youtube channel and then post the link in my signature. I'm sick with a pretty bad sinus infection so I sound horrible and really monotone lol. I didn't realize I'd have to splice my video everytime I thought I hit pause on recording. I had to pause cause I was coughing and it just sounds awful when you hear it even though I'm covering the microphone. Guess I'll just wait until I'm better before I record my next installment.

Looking forward to seeing your channel!!

MocaJava wrote: »
    Now that several of my kids have become YA and moved out, I'm getting a new kind of enjoyment out of it...they come to visit me! I don't feel so cooped up with the little ones now lol.

Haha this is so like real life!!! The NEED for normal interaction which doesn't involve changing nappies and talking in sing-song voice! hehe
    untitled-1.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top