Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Now that's what I'm talking about. Looks like you just pulled into a KOA camp ground. Really looks good. I thought this challenge would be difficult, but you make it look easy. With locking doors, you could have half a dozen in a camp ground in GF to rent.
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited June 2015
    @catmando830
    @white_lily_1988 - the use of the restrooms at the back of the house is LOL

I don't know...I like it. I use that outdoor bathroom a lot when I build. But updated since it's LOL

192.jpg
    193.jpg
    194.jpg
    196.jpg
    195.jpg

• ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    @Zakeira - Excellent use of space, and the pick up on the front is a nice touch. Is this on the gallery?

Tried to quote your post, but it wouldn't post.

Thanks Catmando! It's on the gallery under the name Tiny Camper or on my page under my user ID, Zakeira. I love all the little houses on this thread. There are some really talented builders here :smiley:
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2015
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Kremesch73, that looks so funny but it so cute and I love it. Is it on the exchange? :)

It is now. I uploaded the extended version so it has the computer and the dresser. The name isn't creative. I called it 'House on Wheels' (even though there aren't any). Hope you enjoy it.

Zakeira wrote: »
    Ok, one more with 16 tiles. I made a travel camper. It's really small, room for only one Sim. It's on my gallery page under Tiny Camper if anyone is interested.

You did it! I was wondering how make the bathroom work by adding another tile and it never dawned on me to add the sink to the bathroom instead of the kitchen! I couldn't get public area sink out of my brain. Doh!

Okay. I did it! I also uploaded it and called it 'Take Me Anywhere.' Neither one has landscaping.

I managed to make a 16 tile home with all necessities (thanks to @piperbird1 suggestion). It feels a bit like cheating to me though. Oh well... Everything is functioning and accessible. TV, Computer, Dresser, etc (wish we had more choices for 1-tile dressers).

tinyHome_1.jpg

tinyHome_2.jpg

tinyHome_3.jpg

tinyHome_4.jpg

tinyHome_5.jpg

tinyHome_6.jpg
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    We need a mini-frig.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We need a mini-frig.

I know. I kept thinking that with my last build. I think I'm all out of ideas now though :(
  • ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    @Kremesch73 Your 16 tile house looks great!
    mTp8aXz.jpg
    Zakeira wrote: »
    @Kremesch73 Your 16 tile house looks great!

Thank you. I really like yours too.
    edited June 2015
    I just wanted to thank the OP for this thread. I've been really down about S4 lately and you have given me something really fun to do. It actually means a lot to me since I love building so much. Thanks.

This entire thread has been a great, positive, and much neede experience for me.
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    K so I tried my hand at the 16 spaces house.. I think it came out okay, and I actually made 2! :3

Final landscaping.. I'm kind of in love with the original landscaping but it was super awkward when you zoom in and the tree disappears :neutral: Looove the shade though ;_;
    szdvwmI.png

House Number One~
    veJjuzr.png
    unbQLgj.png

I was actually a bit disappointed, I had the computer inside where the easel now is, on an island with a stool... but apparently I couldn't use it because it saw the bed as in the way. :( Sad panda~ Although now it's outside and behind a gate that I locked (Thank you locked door mod! Goodbye computer mooches!)
    pQZrshr.png
    os6IvyR.png
    lUJqatc.png

And House Number Two~
    cwcMYTI.png
    kVf4LOD.png
    bkJVuoH.png

I made the second house simpler, no TV or computer, with a bit more of an outdoorsy feel, so probably good for a sim who'd rather not be inside anyway.

Gallery Link Here
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I finished my Tiny House build. I am by no means a builder but I learned a few tricks watching Tiny House Nation. lol

06-10-15_10-37nbspPM_zpsjuhwkqdn.png

06-10-15_10-40nbspPM_zpsvz2ufipx.png

06-10-15_10-41nbspPM_zpsayswo6x1.png

06-10-15_10-41nbspPM-2_zps84tvwr2i.png

06-10-15_10-41nbspPM-3_zpsxoqxsteo.png

Nice tiny houses.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Okay I'm now out of ideas. Last tiny house. @kremesch73 I used your mirror and bookshelf idea. I play tested it to make sure the lot worked. I did have to put the book into my sims inventory to put away though, she put it by the computer and I didn't get the 'clean up books' option.

slp3y9.jpg

2196s8o.jpg

2nst4hw.jpg

rvzgch.jpg

34pb1w5.jpg

t4xlpt.jpg
    Okay I'm now out of ideas. Last tiny house. @kremesch73 I used your mirror and bookshelf idea. I play tested it to make sure the lot worked. I did have to put the book into my sims inventory to put away though, she put it by the computer and I didn't get the 'clean up books' option.

Thats so cute! About the books: i found that I had to click on the actual book for the 'put away' option. It works. My sim went for it and put it back in the bookshelf. You just can't select the option from the bookshelf. I guess it's because of the other objects being too close. But at least selecting the book works. It's an acceptable workaround for me.
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Thats so cute! About the books: i found that I had to click on the actual book for the 'put away' option. It works. My sim went for it and put it back in the bookshelf. You just can't select the option from the bookshelf. I guess it's because of the other objects being too close. But at least selecting the book works. It's an acceptable workaround for me.

Thank you! I really like your tiny houses too. I'm not that great of a builder, still learning. You are a lot better than me at building.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Such a funny and interesting challenge, oh my!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    We need a mini-frig.

And an all-in-one bathroom. ;)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    Omg! I've been wanting to do this for a while now....but I've been so wrapped up on my gloomy painter sim and building her old Victorian home that I've neglected almost all my other ideas haha.

I'm in love with the tiny house idea. More-so like a storybook cottage style of home(I wish we could build actual hobbit homes!). Everyone's homes look so beautiful....I'm going to have to try my hand at this later on! :)
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
    It's on the gallery. I named it tiny.

13z5r1g.jpg

1182ly0.jpg

28l6ya9.jpg

2wfvj29.jpg

2ns9npf.jpg

33bmfy8.jpg

30u9uo5.jpg
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Done! I made a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon. I don't know if it counts, though, because I walled off the little bathroom.

[img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-28nbspPM_zpsv2kuppmv.png[/img]
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-29nbspPM_zpsbdozv6e8.png[/img]
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-29nbspPM-2_zpsfhjavhnc.png[/img]
    [img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag300/Liz_Amsden/🐸🐸🐸🐸%20Wagon/06-08-15_5-30nbspPM_zps2yckle0j.png[/img]

I wanted to keep it under 20K and MOO free, but I think I am going to upload it as it is and then continue to build. I needs flower boxes on the front and a window in the side of the bathroom, and I need MOO for that. This also needs LOTS of trees in the yard! I don't know what I can use for wheels, though. :( I guess it's a grounded 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon....

Love your little wagon. I build them all the time because I am a fan of Tiny houses, I have shared some but not lately.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited June 2015
    Aww Great idea and awesome Tiny Houses!
    I don't check out General Discussion section of the forum as much as I do the Creative Corner (especially the build threads) So I'm glad I found this.
    Any way, There's a "build challenge list" thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread#latest. Wondering if you'd want to add a link over there. Thanks for the great idea!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    I don't remember. Could adults sleep in bunk beds. If so, then the bunk bed top would let you place something under it and feel like a loft.
    I don't remember. Could adults sleep in bunk beds. If so, then the bunk bed top would let you place something under it and feel like a loft.

I used to do that in S2. Was a great space saver. I always had to be careful with my small builds in S2 though. Otherwise I'd wind up with a cluster of sims waiving their hands at me. That's one reason I actually don't mind the clipping in S4. It may not be realistic, but at least it's forgiving.
  • Sam6284Sam6284 Posts: 115 Member
    edited June 2015
    This thread is making me want to re-download the game just to build tiny houses. I've been stuck on TS3 for the past month because I miss the open world and pets, but I'm better at building in TS4 than I am in 3. XD

[edit] I caved. Downloading the game again now. My internet is not the greatest, so it's still got a while till it's done, but if I like what I end up with, I'll post pictures. ^.^
    Post edited by Sam6284 on
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I am so glad that everyone is having such a good time building tiny houses. They are all so awesome.