Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 top selling pc game of 2014!

Comments

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Here is a list of the top 10 selling video games of 2014. I've looked at three different sites and so far they're pretty much in agreement:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
    Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3)
    Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
    Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
    Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
    Super Smash Bros. (3DS, NWU)
    NBA 2K15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
    Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC, NWU)
    FIFA 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSV)
    Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)

I haven't seen one site that shows 4 in the top 10. But I'm still looking.

I think the list we got are only origin
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Here is a list of the top 10 selling video games of 2014. I've looked at three different sites and so far they're pretty much in agreement:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
    Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3)
    Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
    Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
    Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
    Super Smash Bros. (3DS, NWU)
    NBA 2K15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
    Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC, NWU)
    FIFA 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSV)
    Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)

I haven't seen one site that shows 4 in the top 10. But I'm still looking.

I don't imagine you will. PC-only = can't possibly get near the size of the market, so it would have to be HUGE on PC, disproportionally overall, to get near the numbers of games that are multiplatform. Add to that that it's very much a different kind of game than most of what is doing well in today's market -- you can't play it with other people (as you can these other games), it doesn't set you as many goals as other games do, it's not action-filled -- and in today's video-game landscape, it's a niche product. Gaming today is dominated by action, achievement, and social play. The Sims is like the opposite of all this, with the added issues of not being G-rated (woo-hoo = cut the kids out of the market) and not being M-rated (without getting into modding, which can do only so much as it can only mod what's there, there's less fun for people who've gotten a taste of that in their games). Niche product, sitting between, not in, two key rating demographics. I don't see how in 2014 it had a chance of cracking top 10 no matter how many toddlers and cars it had, no matter how open the world, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2130963/the-sims-4-officially-the-highest-selling-game-of-2014-despite-lukewarm-fan-reaction/

Anybody read that?

They mentioned the get to school mod at the end which I found interesting. I don't know anything about this company, just found the article interesting.

Wow, okay I'm not fully done with this video yet but thank you for posting this it looks really cool. I might have to actually put a mod in my game.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2130963/the-sims-4-officially-the-highest-selling-game-of-2014-despite-lukewarm-fan-reaction/

Anybody read that?

They mentioned the get to school mod at the end which I found interesting. I don't know anything about this company, just found the article interesting.

Lol- it even misleads by the title of Best Selling Game of 2014 but in the article it's the best selling PC game. Which it could be a big PC seller- fans bought it but a lot are disappointed and don't even play it any more.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Anybody read that?

It says we all owe EA an apology. Well, I'm one of those buyers and I'm certainly not going to apologize.

If anyone owes an apology, EA/Franklin/Bradshaw owes us, the fans, an apology. They're the ones that screwed up, not us.
    That's what I meant ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

Anybody read that?

It says we all owe EA an apology. Well, I'm one of those buyers and I'm certainly not going to apologize.

If anyone owes an apology, EA/Franklin/Bradshaw owes us, the fans, an apology. They're the ones that screwed up, not us.
    That's what I meant ;)

Just clarifying for you. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

Anybody read that?

I couldn't agree with you more!
    He/Him
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2015
    I would expect Sims 4 to do well initially just like SimCity did and after awhile the shortcomings started to appear. I do not even pay attention to that chart because it is old and I would like to see something current now showing where Sims 4 stands. However, kudos to Sims 4 for a intial show but it has to go the whole nine yards and it did not set no records. Actually, I am going to cut EA/Maxis some slack, I read another report ( in a post above) and one of the reasons Sims 4 did okay because EA/Maxis started putting some old features in and while they were not quite the same as the old it was a start and it started to show EA/Maxis may be listening to it's fans. However, Sims 4 still has a long way to go and I want to see if EA/Maxis goes the distance and not pull a SimCity move, it however did not top Sims 3 record.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And the Sims 3 starter pack is the number 2 best selling game- LOL!
    Some people are thinking Sims 3 came out in 2014 when it came out in 2009 or 2010(forgot the actual year). However, it is still a feat for Sims 3 Starter pack to be #2 adding more to Sims 3 pot and record.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I am glad it is doing well, so my stock portfolio will be doing well! Anyway good for Sims 4!
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »
    This is fantastic news! It's nice to see some of the more negative commentors on here having to eat their words.

It's even greater that this generation looks like it'll get to run to it's full completion. I'm so excited to see what this game looks like five years down the road, and that I'll get to keep playing it with new content for five more years!

This feels like such an exciting time to be a Simmer because we have a game that has the potential to be such a classic or a very strange experiment depending on future choices in content/focus (and I think it has been a big eye opener for EA regardless of sales. I don't think they ever thought this community would push back on such a big scale).

We've seen a massive change in how they operate (patches being super responsive to fan feedback, a HUGE shift in pricing, etc.) No matter what, The Sims franchise, I feel, is forever changed for the better because of the Sims 4. Well, I need to see how they handle family play now and in the future before I fully commit to that comment, but in a lot of ways it's already true.

Very happy news for sure!

Nobody here has to "eat their words". That's a pretty rude assumption. You still don't know how well it did compared to it's predecessors and that is what's been discussed around here the most. I hope it's ok i remind some of you that we already had a big discussion about the NPD (i hate this acronym btw, it's also the one for a very infamous party in my country) sales figures and how the same people who claim this is great news said on those threads that you can't take this numbers for granted or it doesn't tell you the whole story because at that time those numbers showed it sold worse than TS3.

ETA: So, if you really believe in this sales figure, you can't have the cake and eat it. Either you admit TS3 did better or you admit you have doubt in NPD's sales figures.

The people who said no one bought the game and that they would scrap it by next year probably are eating their words for sure. Sorry if it came across as rude. Maybe I'm just harbouring some anger at how I've been treated for loving this game and being excited for it pre-release. That might be colouring my comments a bit.

I don't know exactly what the sales mean, and I'm not comparing them to other things. I'm just happy because it means that TS4 is even more likely to stay. That's all I care about. I don't need it to out sell other Sims games. I know a lot of people on here treat it like a competition. I just care that it sells enough so I can keep playing it at least as long as TS3 got to stay alive. I want to be playing this game with new content for as long as possible, and as long as I get to do that I'm happy!

Remember Sims 4 came out in Sep 2014 and it should have done well initially but the question is where does it sit now. The same thing happened to SimCity initially it had high numbers but slacked off after awhile with all the problems. So people who were negative to Sims 4 really has no words to eat if there is no current standing showing where Sims 4 stands now. Sims 4 has improved a little but not enough for me say Sims 4 is the bomb now if they put a neighborhood creator, lot or terrain editor and some more variety in the colors and the ability to lock doors then I might be very happy.

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited May 2015
    Today we saw The sims 4 at No.1 by end of the year we might see The Sims 4 and its EPs dominating the top 10 or 5 charts. The game is a huge success. EA is happy for sure.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    Today we saw The sims 4 at No.1 by end of the year we might see The Sims 4 and its EPs dominating the top 10 or 5 charts. The game is a huge success. EA is happy for sure.

Really? They're sure not acting like it. Everyone (and I use that loosely) seems to be calling TS4 a success except EA
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Foxcrest wrote: »

Really? They're sure not acting like it. Everyone (and I use that loosely) seems to be calling TS4 a success except EA

A successful game will have multiple EPs and SPs. We have seen it in the past. Each Sims game had more EPs and SPs than its precursor.

Because of the huge success of The Sims 4 EA not just will make more EPs and SPs to it but also introduced GPs too.

I think many fans have finally apologized to EA for their misjudgment. EA has accepted their apology already. I know it.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Another thing that EA is considering is not to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off those fans who still didnt buy the game. They dont want to brush their success on their faces, they just want them to give in which will they do eventually by offering the most wanted features that were missed or long time requested.

Those fans will also apologize to EA sooner than later. EA is very much determined to get their money.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Wow I expected this thread to get shutdown since the other one did. Glad it didn't, I thought it would be nice to share this info since it always gets people talking. I'm really glad it did well because I want there to be a sims 5, let's hope it continues to do so.
  • Options
    deibreak wrote: »
    Wow I expected this thread to get shutdown since the other one did. Glad it didn't, I thought it would be nice to share this info since it always gets people talking. I'm really glad it did well because I want there to be a sims 5, let's hope it continues to do so.

Don't worry it did well and will continue to do well.
    I always say "There shall always be Sims!"
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Another thing that EA is considering is not to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off those fans who still didnt buy the game. They dont want to brush their success on their faces, they just want them to give in which will they do eventually by offering the most wanted features that were missed or long time requested.

Those fans will also apologize to EA sooner than later. EA is very much determined to get their money.

What? Why would customers have to or even think they should apologize to EA for their lack luster game? I'm flabbergasted to even read that... O.O

I'm still waiting for them to apologize to their customers.

Misjudgment will lead to apology.
    EA misjudged its customers and they apologized already and will continue to do so by offering even more content than previous games. Customers also misjudged EA's product thinking because what was missing the game will not be enjoyable and those missing contents might never be there again. Eventually they will. At least the majority.

Many customers already apologized by buying the Sims 4 and making it the No.1 selling PC game of 2014.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »

Oh, do you have some kind of insider information into how EA is "feeling" then? Or what their motivations are? Please do share.
    If not, then it's clearly just your opinion that you seem to be trying to pass off as fact.

Fans don't need to apologise to EA. Definitely not for the shabby way they're often treated and the half-cut games that are pushed out for them at exorbitant prices.
    All these things that are "missing", that were present in past base games should have been included initially. Not as some offering to make fans "give in".
    People have said it before and it bears repeating - No one should have to pay for potential.

Where did I say that fans need to apologize to EA? I said fans already apologized to EA.
    The remaining minority will give in soon too.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It's EA's responsibility they gave a bad experience to many of those customers who bought the game and can't enjoy it or return it. The real test comes with every EP, SP and GP, how well are they selling after months of silence, hideous bugs like the incest collection of bugs and the continued missing content being glossed over.

No one needs to apologise to EA. EA needs to apologise for the way it has handled TS4 and those who were stuck with a game that they hid behind a review embargo which cut far deeper than the obvious features!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top