Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preteen hint?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...
preteensandteens_zpsn8t25gco.png
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Oh my God, yas! Thanks for tagging me! XD

Anyway, where are you getting all these pictures? I think last time you posted one with a middle aged man. And both pre-teens have faces that look too old... I wonder who edits this pics. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Anyway, where are you getting all these pictures? I think last time you posted one with a middle aged man. And both pre-teens have faces that look too old... I wonder who edits this pics. Haha.

From our beloved emperor Google.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

From our beloved emperor Google.

From Google, I found out that someone has already posted this. ;)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821122/the-sims-with-proper-aging
    832XG3D.gif
  • MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    oh whats the difference? pre teen gets curfews,? :D
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    These pictures were made by tumblr user Lumialover, so they are fanmade.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    All this hype for a Tumblr pic?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    @colton147147.
    Where did you find this?
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Wishful thinking. Unless it's something official I wouldn't get too hyped up.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Wishful thinking. Unless it's something official I wouldn't get too hyped up.

Remember what happened with that 'toddler rumour' when the patch turned out to be Star Wars outfits?

The forums exploded right there and then!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member

LMAO there's only one preteen, genius. XD and it's pic.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes but in the actual game files at least there is a toddler sims placard but there is no pre-teen placard in the files anywhere to be seen. Never mind they said when this game came out the child that jumps out of the bassinette is a 10 year old - so technically we have the pre-teen - it is the 4-9 year old child and toddler we are missing. Why do you think all these children do is sit around talking on the phone, taking selfies, and sitting on benches and playground monkey bars talking - because they are pre-teens and not children who run around playing constantly - games like tag, or actually on swings (not even any swings in the game - no need for them with no actual children) - so what we need is children like we had in Sims 2 and Sims 3 that actually played things. Little kids do not stand around talking all the time - they run, they play, they swing - that's things little kids do. Pre-teens quiet down a lot as they transition toward teen age from ages 10-12. I know my family has 3 pre-teen girls - two of which turned ten this year and just a year ago those kids ran and played all day, and suddenly now it's all talking, primping, cheer leading, all about the boys - just like Sims 4 so called child age.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    These pictures were made by tumblr user Lumialover, so they are fanmade.

This.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I hope pre teens are added, it would be nice to have them the same height as ts2 and ts3 teens.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I wish they are named tweens not preteens
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    (On Teen Height) A Simmer Asked: "The thing that I dislike the most in the game actually is the Teens... Why are they exactly the same height and look exactly the same as young adults ? My question is : Do you consider, and would it be possible technically to modify the teens at this stage of the game (after release) to make them shorter and possibly a bit different than the young adults?"

@SimGuruMax replied:
    Animation time is our enemy and we take our animation quality very seriously. Having a third height would have required a *huge* number of new animations. To save some time, we could probably have ported some of our existing adult animations onto the smaller skeleton. We have partially-automated processes to port animations in various ways already, so we could cut some time there too. Problem is, someone still needs to touch all of them by hand and some are going to require considerable rework to get right. And this is prior to getting into the animations that just don't make any sense at all on the smaller frame and must be done for the Teen from scratch, of which there would be many.
    Much of what I end up talking about is tradeoffs. Its the brutal reality of building games, or really anything honestly. So we have on the right teens of adult height but substantially more animation time to devote to both teens AND adults, and on the left we have shorter teens and far fewer animations for both teens and adults. We made the right call.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on teens getting shorter.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    My wish might never happen but I really wish if we had realistic ages. Like in 1 day your sim will be 12 years old, in 5 days your sim will be 33 years old and so.

I dont see any mods even to do so
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    (On Teen Height) A Simmer Asked: "The thing that I dislike the most in the game actually is the Teens... Why are they exactly the same height and look exactly the same as young adults ? My question is : Do you consider, and would it be possible technically to modify the teens at this stage of the game (after release) to make them shorter and possibly a bit different than the young adults?"

@SimGuruMax replied:
    Animation time is our enemy and we take our animation quality very seriously. Having a third height would have required a *huge* number of new animations. To save some time, we could probably have ported some of our existing adult animations onto the smaller skeleton. We have partially-automated processes to port animations in various ways already, so we could cut some time there too. Problem is, someone still needs to touch all of them by hand and some are going to require considerable rework to get right. And this is prior to getting into the animations that just don't make any sense at all on the smaller frame and must be done for the Teen from scratch, of which there would be many.
    Much of what I end up talking about is tradeoffs. Its the brutal reality of building games, or really anything honestly. So we have on the right teens of adult height but substantially more animation time to devote to both teens AND adults, and on the left we have shorter teens and far fewer animations for both teens and adults. We made the right call.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on teens getting shorter.

Add to that the devs had said out right during live chats they are what they are and it would not change - basically. They did talk about giving the teens more teen specific things to do - but of course that hasn't happened either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    As soon as I saw the image I realised it was fake. xD
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2015
    I can't tell if you're being serious? I hope not :/

Editing to add: I'm sorry if I sound rude, it's just this game is really disappointing for me and the constant 'is this a hint' threads are getting (or possibly past the of of getting) ridiculous. I really want things to be added & for people to be giving out helpful info to other players...not just constant jokes.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone

LMAO there's only one preteen, genius. XD and it's pic.

I meant both preteens as in the boy and the girl one found here. I know Colton didn't make that thread but I remembered he posted the male one some time ago.
    832XG3D.gif
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Thank God it's not true. :o
    I just want toddlers back.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    Hawkgirl wrote: »
    I'd rather have toddlers tbh.

c57.jpg

Couldn't resist using that image sry :s
  • Cricket426Cricket426 Posts: 41 Member
    As soon as I saw who posted this I knew it was fake (;