Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Hi Cloudseeker! I did finally get the typewriter, but it would not d/l the normal way b/c it isn't zipped. When I clicked on the icon, it d/led it to my owners folder for this comp. When I selected "Open," it opened it in simpe; when I selected "Show in folder," I saw where it was and dragged it to my EA/Sims 4/Mods folder. All is good now.
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @Sonshine77 Ah, yes. Good that you got it working :)
    34in38k.png
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    My episodes are gonna be up late tonight possibly. I have some family things going on.
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @Cloudseeker I looked into buy debug to see if you could just get a cake and place it, but all drinks and food items I found were empty (just dirty dishes) when I placed them. So there goes that idea :/
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
    @ewright9 Hmm, this is a conundrum indeed.
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    UPDATE:
    • Pregnancy Tests are now not allowed until the Roaring Twenties.
    • The Chess Table is now available to Early Civilization Sims.
    • Babies are now not allowed to be sent to daycare when Sims go to another lot. At least one Sim must stay to take care of them. This lasts until the Industrial Age.
    • I have tried to make it a bit more clear about when you should progress to the next Era.
    • Sims may now craft anything at the Woodworking Table, and they may use the crafted items even if they would normally not be allowed to.
    • All crafted items (not just paintings) may not be restocked using the restock option when selling them in a personal store. They have to be re-crafted by a Sim to be sold again.
    • You may now not use the "Copy" option on any crafted item. If you want more than one, you'll have to craft more than one.
    • I have added warnings about putting Paintings From Reference in the family inventory, as this will make the paintings blank.
    • Spouses/mates may now contribute to goals even if they haven't had a child yet.

I am holding off on allowing stoves&fridges for Early Civilization until I know for certain that they really are needed to complete the House Party goal.
    Post edited by Cloudseeker on
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    @Cloudseeker I'm going to assume that calling and ordering medicine isn't allowed until a later era, would that be correct? Just asking because all of my Sims suddenly got sick, lol. Hopefully it's not the black plague :p

Edit: There are other ways to get over illness (orange juice and tea), just not until fridges/tea brewers are allowed.
    Just a notice, the notebook mod is officially patched now to be able to sell books from our inventory. I wrote plasticbox a thanks and said we were all grateful :) I did test it to make sure it works with DLC's (I have digital deluxe, outdoor retreat, and get to work), and plasticbox doesn't appear to have DLC's and it works for him as well.
    @ewright9 I had completely forgotten that GTW added illnesses :p Yes, I'd say that medicine is not allowed until the Old West. I'll also allow male Doctors for the Old West, to go with the medicine.
    34in38k.png
    MINI-UPDATE:
    • The Doctor career is now available for male Sims in the Old West.
    • Sims may now not order medicine to deal with illnesses until the Old West.
    34in38k.png
    All the family issues that stopped me from recording and posting yesterday seemed to have settled down, I shall record in a little bit and post them today.
    *sigh* My elder Sim (John) will NOT kick the bucket! His last day was almost a week ago, and I'm currently in the process of trying to make Mary woohoo him to death lol :D

Is anyone else having problems with their elders not dying when they should?

On a side note, goal success! I managed to find and display 100 unique collectibles on my lot :) Talk about big bills though, the collection room is worth over $18,000.
    @ewright9 Hahah, he must have become hardened from living through the Prehistoric Times :) Congratulations on reaching the collection goal! :)
    34in38k.png
    Sitting down to record now.. Going to take all your updates into effect while recording @Cloudseeker
    @Lydiaa88 Very nice :) Looking forward to when it's updated :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I only realized a couple episodes that I painted a portrait of Ariel than sold it without thinking about it when I realized we could sell paintings *sigh* oops.
    @Lydiaa88 Yeah, I saw that. It happens :p
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker On the bright side: according to my math I am up to 11366 out of the 60,000. WOO!
    @Lydiaa88 Very nice :) Get those children fishing and gardening and you'll be there in no time :)
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    @Cloudseeker I currently make them do the digging around the house since they cannot garden and once Mila (the infant introduced in today's episodes) ages up to a child. I am taking them on a family fishing trip.

Edit: Granted Ariel soon becomes a teenager, which means. YAY ANOTHER GARDENER!! :)
    @Lydiaa88 Awesome :)
    34in38k.png
    Both of mine are up for today!
  • Del Rey SimmerDel Rey Simmer Posts: 10 New Member
    > @ewright9 said:
    > *sigh* My elder Sim (John) will NOT kick the bucket! His last day was almost a week ago, and I'm currently in the process of trying to make Mary woohoo him to death lol :D
    >
    > Is anyone else having problems with their elders not dying when they should?
    >
    > On a side note, goal success! I managed to find and display 100 unique collectibles on my lot :) Talk about big bills though, the collection room is worth over $18,000.

I was having this problem with a sim in my legacy and he lived two weeks after he was meant to so I drowned him since his great-granchild was on the way
  • Del Rey SimmerDel Rey Simmer Posts: 10 New Member
    Parts 2 and 3 should be up later today and you know the goal about having 5 kids with different sims? Can I make my female pregnant with 5 other sims since Lydia has done the opposite since people could see both options???
  • AdolliAdolli Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure if this has been already answered but...Can we use cheats to simply age up sims?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top