Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Anyone willing to upload some original (not the Goths, etc) families for Early Civilization to the gallery? <3
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @ewright9 I would if I knew how to dress them
    Also, both of my episodes are up.
    For my family, I put the women in long dresses (because it was absurd to see a woman's ankles at that time) and long sleeves when I could. Men I put in a simple T-shirt or tank top of neutral color, with some cropped pants because it seemed fitting. And of course, sandals for everyone in every outfit!
    @Cloudseeker I just tested the house party and only was able to get to silver, just like tammy said. The only two goals left were "Eat Cake" and "Have Sims dance at the same time" :/ Unfortunately it doesn't look like this has a fix without changing some rules and maybe allowing an oven, or changing the goal.

Just so you know, the oven that looks "rustic" and the most realistic is called Auld Crow Wood-Burning Cookstove.
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »
    I just tested the house party and only was able to get to silver, just like tammy said. The only two goals left were "Eat Cake" and "Have Sims dance at the same time" :/ Unfortunately it doesn't look like this has a fix without changing some rules and maybe allowing an oven, or changing the goal.
    Yes, I have made some notes in my update document, and so far it seems that I'll have to allow ovens in Early Civilization. I read on a "getting gold on all parties" guide that the "Have Sims dance at the same time" goal sometimes instead can be "Have Sims play games at the same time", so I was thinking about also allowing the Chess Table for Early Civilization, to fulfil that goal without having to bring modern technology where it doesn't belong :)
    34in38k.png
    @ewright9 Okay, what kind of sims would you like? and how many.. I'll create some
    edited May 2015
    @Lydiaa88 Oh whatever you feel like making :) Families, singles, couples, I don't care :) Just need some friends for my Sims who are in the right era :) I am just not feeling the creative juices right now, must have used them all up making the house :p

@Cloudseeker We don't have to get a perfect party to get gold, just need one of those two goals to be achievable to push us into the gold zone, so you don't have to add both ovens and chess tables :)
    @ewright9 gives me time to make some friends for mine as well :) I'll probably make a few and see what I can come up with
    ewright9 wrote: »
    We don't have to get a perfect party to get gold, just need one of those two goals to be achievable to push us into the gold zone, so you don't have to add both ovens and chess tables :)
    Hmm, alright, in that case I think I'll probably allow chess tables. If you decide to test another House Party, go ahead and add a chess table, and see if that gets you to gold :)
    34in38k.png
    @ewright9 I've already created one, about to upload her officially now. I do have some custom content so any Sims I put on the gallery are custom content free. If I put one of the gallery that has custom content, let me know and I'll fix it.
    @Lydiaa88 Just watched your latest episodes, looks like things are going steadily forward :) Got some more notes for my update document (goodness, it's getting quite long :)) No need to worry about accidentally replacing broken sinks, it's perfectly allowed :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker OH THANK GOD! Lol, I keep accidentally doing it
    My finished Early Civilization home is now in the gallery! It apparently thinks I used Custom Content, so you'll have to check that box to see it. Here's some pictures I took of the house!

I designed the house in a Roman Vista style, so I put in an atrium (which was very common in Roman houses as it provides light. I believe it was also a sign of wealth :) ) The house is worth over $115,000... not bad for a prehistoric family :D
    05_01_15_5_41_PM.png

The atrium from the second floor
    05_01_15_5_42_PM.png

The master bedroom
    05_01_15_5_43_PM.png

The study :)
    05_01_15_5_44_PM.png

The collection room/museum (currently at 92 collectibles)
    05_01_15_5_45_PM.png

Their HUGE backyard pool (I feel like they had a special name for these, but I can't remember)
    05_01_15_5_46_PM.png

The garden (They named the Cowplant Ralph :) )
    05_01_15_5_48_PM.png

The ghost zone
    05_01_15_5_48_PM_2.png

• MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    edited May 2015
    What a great idea for a challenge! Very well thought out, Cloudseeker. My hats off to ya!

Just wanted to say thanks to the four of you who are doing so much work, testing this and working out the kinks...Cloudseeker, Lydiaa88, ewright9, and tammyjo329, Fantastic job! I have been getting everything setup to do my own while I watch this thread develop. I'm following all blogs and Let's plays for this too... :)

I have downloaded all the prehistoric lots and put them into the empty world. Thanks for those, btw!
    I also have my couple made; if you would like, I can pull them into CAS, put them in appropriate clothing, and then upload to the gallery?

Can't wait to get started...TTFN.

Edit: @ewright9 What A Gorgeous House! Not bad...Indeed. :) lol
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    @ewright9 That looks absolutely gorgeous! Nice work :)
    @MysticFae Thank you! I am glad that you like it :) Your Sims are more than welcome on the gallery, the more the merrier :)
    34in38k.png
    edited May 2015
    @MysticFae glad you like our lets plays and this idea :) I thought it was fun as well.

@Cloudseeker Also, I am going to record tomorrow's episodes or so tonight soo anything that is taken place before the update, I will let you know which the are.
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    They're up on the gallery and cc free...It's the Morgandal's and #historychallenge marked. Enjoy! :)
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    @Cloudseeker House party test #2: The play games option came up just like you said it would (unfortunately it required 3 Sims to be playing, so I had to buy another chess table). However, instead of the "eat food" goal, "have drinks" popped up instead...

The chess table did push us into the gold section like I said it would, but didn't actually give us a gold medal (I could have sworn they used to... maybe that got patched recently?) so all in all the party was again a bust.
    @ewright9 Hmm, I also distinctly remember getting a Gold medal from just being in the gold section, perhaps it's a bug. But we seem to be going forward at least. Some luck with which party goals one gets and we're all good, maybe?
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Probably down to luck. I guess it's similar to catching an anglerfish worth $1,500. Some people couldn't get it (not for lack of trying), while I was lucky enough to get it on my first try.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I finally made gold. I did need to buy an oven and fridge and counter so that I could bake a cake. I just added the things needed to complete the goal and then sold those items as soon as the party was over. It did take 2 tries to do so and you do loose money due to depreciation when you sell off the items bought for the party.

So maybe you should adjust to allow the required items for the party but only to be bought once the party has started and to be sold immediately after.
    @tammyjo329 I would really like to avoid having ovens and fridges in Early Civilization though, so if it's actually possible to reach gold with only the chess table, I'll go with that.

I'll let you keep your gold medal though :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I'll try it with a chess table when I get there.
    So I did a test of a House Party myself as well, using chess tables but not an oven, and I managed to get just 1 goal shy of the Gold medal. The last goal on the list was the "Eat Cake" goal, so I did place an oven, fridge and counter to get that as well. However, as soon as that goal was completed, it appeared a second time. Also, there were a number of goals that people (including myself) have seen for a House Party before, but that I didn't see this time. Goals like "Tell Jokes" and "Have Sims be Flirty at the same time", so I feel like maybe, with the right luck, one could possibly get the right set of goals to achieve Gold without the need for an oven/fridge. More testing shall surely be needed.
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top