Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    > @Lydiaa88 said:
    > Freedomdeep Honestly, I would wait until Cloudseeker gives his official say on it, until than, I would just keep a Sim home with the baby :)

Good idea, thanks again for your help. Btw, I subbed to your & Del Ray's YT channels. Enjoying the vid's!
    akddFdd.gif
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @Freedomdeep Thank you and I am sure Del Rey will feel the same way, and I usually just don't do something if I am not sure on the rules than bring it up in a video :)
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @Freedomdeep Hey! Sorry I haven't been doing anything for a little while, college is busy right now :) With the babies I always kept one of my Sims at home to take care of them (it's only for a few days anyway), and I feel like that's probably the correct option since it isn't realistic to have your kid disappear to prehistoric day care :) If anything you can take turns, let one Sim go out and search for collectibles, and the other Sim at home will take good care of the baby and themselves--especially if you aren't in control of them :)

With your question about generations, It is my understanding that all eras after the prehistoric era last only until the baby that began the generation (or one if his/her siblings) has their first child. I believe the prehistoric era is different because it starts with a couple, and it would make no sense for their era to only last until they had kids.

Hope this helped! I'll let Cloudseeker know that you had these questions to confirm our answers or not, but he's probably already on top of things :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @Freedomdeep I hadn't actually thought about whether or not to allow "dino daycare", but I'd say (as others have said) that one Sim needs to stay behind and take care of the baby, at least for the first few Eras. I'll include this in the next update.
    As for when to switch to the next Era, it is as the others have said. 1 Era = 1 Generation, except for the Prehistoric Era. I'll see if I can make this a bit more clear in the rules in the next update.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion! :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker That clears up a lot about the generation and Eras, thank you.
    9 and 10 are up for today.
    edited April 2015
    @Lydiaa88 Glad to see things seem to be going smoothly :) I am going to wait until tomorrow to make a rules update (just in case there's a patch that needs addressing), but I can tell you now that you are in fact allowed to craft anything you want on the woodworking table, you're just not allowed to use objects that are not allowed for the current Era (though I may change that in the update).
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Awesome, I need to put Isaac to work on woodworking than.
  • Del Rey SimmerDel Rey Simmer Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Cloudseeker
    do you know the collectables that you find when u open the boxes when you are digging up fossils and you get little statues of people from my sims can we sell them and add them towards the £60,000
    do you know the collectables that you find when u open the boxes when you are digging up fossils and you get little statues of people from my sims can we sell them and add them towards the £60,000
    You can sell them, but they won't count towards the 60 000. Only fish, plants, rocks, fossils, frogs and woodwork count towards the 60 000.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker In one of the eras, you mention not being allowed to "magically" create a copy of something. Are we allowed to copy at any point? For example, can I make copies of my wooden toilet and bathtub, or should I make them with the woodworking bench?
    @ewright9 I'll assume you are talking about the "restock" option in a personal store (I don't know how you would create copies of an item otherwise), and then I'd say that no crafted items may be restocked, but must be actually re-crafted by a Sim. I'll add this to the next update.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Ok! And all crafted items now have a "copy" option, regardless of whether it is in a store or not. :)
    Hey everyone, I just checked up on the notebook mod and it appears it has been updated to fix the issue of books being worth $0 when sold from your inventory. I'll re-download the mod and test it once I'm done building! :)
    ewright9 wrote: »
    @Cloudseeker Ok! And all crafted items now have a "copy" option, regardless of whether it is in a store or not. :)
    Oh, I see, I hadn't noticed that. And it just instantly copies the item? If so, I think maybe that option should not be allowed. I'll have a think and include it in the next update.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Yes it makes exact copies, I believe it includes any upgrades made to the object as well (If it were a toilet/bathtub). In the early civilization era, are dressers allowed? I know your general rule is that if it doesn't have specific uses that other things can't do, then it can be used. Dressers allow you to change outfits, etc. at any time, without using cheats, the same way a mirror would. (They also make the bedroom look nicer :) )
    @ewright9 Yes, changing outfits isn't a game-changing feature, only aesthetic, so dressers and mirrors can be used freely, if you feel that they make sense :)
    34in38k.png
    Off to record. Parts 11 and 12 will be up today as well.
    edited May 2015
    Ummm so, I just realized that I recorded a black screen for the last 15 or so minutes so I will update you on what happened in those minutes here. Isaac moved in his fifth and final mate: Talia Brooks and she is now pregnant with his sixth child.

Sigh.. I can't believe I did that LOL! D:

EDIT: I made almost 1009 during that episode for those who like to keep up with my videos.
    @Lydiaa88 It's alright, it happens :)

So, the SimGurus have deployed the batgnome on twitter, which means that there might be a patch tomorrow or even later today. Therefore, I am going to hold off on the rules update until tomorrow.
    34in38k.png
    WARNING TO EVERYONE

Do NOT put paintings from reference in your family inventory. When you take them out they will all be blank white canvases, to which there is currently no fix. I put all my paintings in my family inventory (probably about 10, most of which were pictures of family members or scenes of the "house") to build the Early Civilization home, and upon bringing them out they were all blank :/
    @ewright9 Oh no! D:
    @ewright9 Oh dear, that is very unfortunate. But good to know. Do you know if putting them in a Sim's inventory works or if they end up blank then as well?
    34in38k.png
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »
    WARNING TO EVERYONE

Do NOT put paintings from reference in your family inventory. When you take them out they will all be blank white canvases, to which there is currently no fix. I put all my paintings in my family inventory (probably about 10, most of which were pictures of family members or scenes of the "house") to build the Early Civilization home, and upon bringing them out they were all blank :/

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me while I was building Early Civilization home too. I still have them hung even though they display a blank canvas ... my simmies can see it even if I can't ;)

Episode 11 is up, and 12 should shortly follow :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top