Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    @Cloudseeker Awesome, I'll move in some Sims during tomorrows recordings because there is 2 Sims on my list of getting them pregnant. Also - I've been restricting myself out of using the "Pregnancy Test" And I feel like it shouldn't even be allowed until around Modern Era.. Not 100% sure if that isn't restricted.
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Lydiaa88 if your friend has a link to there you tube channel would you please post it, I couldn't seem to find it. Have been watching yours as well and enjoying it. Have been reading thru all the post and rules and cleared out my maps. Now just to start lol . Nice challenge Cloudseeker Thank you for putting it all together and all the beta players that are giving great feed back :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
    @Olivesims2 I am for some reason not allowed to post links in the chat -- To find him you can go through who I am subbed to and it is Del Rey Simmer as he and I have said.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I have a question ... since one of our goals is to reach gold on a house party, are we still not allowed to have a stereo or oven just for the party? I have met all of the requirements except dance and eat cake and with no oven and no stereo ... I can not reach gold only silver... Or is there another way to get them to dance and eat cake without these items?
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you, I did search him on you tube and it didn't' come up well go look again :) found it I'll post the link for you.
    Del Rey Simmer https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeAWfBsL64TdXXaftaSSoxA/videos
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
    @Olivesims2 Awesome! Glad you could link it. Gives everyone else a chance to watch his ^_^
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Lydiaa88 I've added restriction of pregnancy tests to my list of possible changes, so I might do something with that in the next update :)
    @Olivesims2 I am glad you find it interesting :)
    @tammyjo329 Hmm, so it is actually impossible to reach gold without those? I was so sure it could be done without a stereo or on oven. I'll have a think about it, and see what I can come up with, and I'll include it in the next update :) Until then, I'll allow you to use a stereo and oven just for the party.
    34in38k.png
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2015
    That painting update has made my life so much easier lol
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Lydiaa88 You should be able to post links now. And pictures. And have a profile photo. AND MUCH MORE. I liked and then un-liked all your photos over and over to get you up to member status. Congrats
    Oh! Thank you ^-^
  • FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hiya Everyone! I joined the challenge last night and I am having a lot of fun thus far! I wanted to ask, if I travel in my world to go fishing, may I use the neighborhood BBQ? Or must I go home to fill my hunger needs?

Also is there any limitation to what we can cook for each era? I apologize if this has been asked before. Thanks for all the hard work to put this together!

One other question sorry - is the $2500 simoleans for purchasing tents, toilets, etc? Then once purchased change household funds to $1000?
    Post edited by Freedomdeep on
    akddFdd.gif
    @Freedomdeep Glad to have another one on board!
    You may use the neighbourhood BBQ to cook. Or, if you have Outdoor Retreat, just replace it with a campfire and use that instead.
    You may cook whatever you want, whenever you want. I chose to not include any rules for that, since it would just make things more complicated than needed. You can of course restrict certain foods yourself if you want to.
    It's the other way around (sort of). First, you can use up to 1000 simoleons to buy decorative plants and rocks, if you want to. Then you set your household funds to 2500 simoleons, and use that money to buy tents, toilets, campfires, woodworking tables, etc.
    34in38k.png
    Off to record even if it late.. I'll bring up any questions during the recordings
    @Lydiaa88 You ARE addicted :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I TOLD YOU!!
    The babies are starting to pile up I mean wow. I thought 3 Sims was hard with micromanagement XD Oh well, still addicting
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    wrote:
    @tammyjo329 Hmm, so it is actually impossible to reach gold without those? I was so sure it could be done without a stereo or on oven. I'll have a think about it, and see what I can come up with, and I'll include it in the next update :) Until then, I'll allow you to use a stereo and oven just for the party.

I'm not absolutely positive, let me throw another party or two, but I finished all the goals requested by the party planner except those 2 and it was not giving me new ones anymore to help fill the bar. It could just be random that only those 2 goals were left ... has anyone else tried throw a house party yet? and if so, have you been successful in reaching gold without an oven for cake or stereo for dancing? .. my game crashed last night so I have to re-do the party anyway .... I'll let you know how it goes later tonight ... I'm off to work for now and I'll see you all later :wink:

> @Cloudseeker said:
    > Freedomdeep Glad to have another one on board!
    > You may use the neighbourhood BBQ to cook. Or, if you have Outdoor Retreat, just replace it with a campfire and use that instead.
    > You may cook whatever you want, whenever you want. I chose to not include any rules for that, since it would just make things more complicated than needed. You can of course restrict certain foods yourself if you want to.
    > It's the other way around (sort of). First, you can use up to 1000 simoleons to buy decorative plants and rocks, if you want to. Then you set your household funds to 2500 simoleons, and use that money to buy tents, toilets, campfires, woodworking tables, etc.

Thank you for responding and answering my questions! I seem to have more questions as I play.

1) If I have a baby(s), do I need to have a sim stay home to care for it? Or can it go to the pre-historic dino daycare lol? If I need to stay home, for how long? Until the baby ages up to a certain age or?

2) Do I understand this correctly - that I can not move into the second generation until I have grandchildren? Is this the same for every generation, or just this one?

Thanks again!
    akddFdd.gif
    edited April 2015
    @Freedomdeep I know that your sims may not join careers during the first Era and are restricted with their careers after that, however I do not know about your second question.
  • Del Rey SimmerDel Rey Simmer Posts: 10 New Member
    @Freedomdeep
    Lydia's answer is correct but as far as i am aware the answer to your second question is that the founders you create in c.a.s are generation 0 there children are generation 1 and there kids (your founders grandkids) are generation 2 so they would start the next era
    edited April 2015
    > @Lydiaa88 said:
    > Freedomdeep I know that your sims may not join careers during the first Era and are restricted with their careers after that, however I do not know about your second question.

Hi Lydia, I am sorry for the confusion. I am not asking about careers, but if the ancestors have a baby, can they leave their home lot to visit another (so they can fish and dig/collect), or does one sim need to stay home to care for the child.

Thanks!
    akddFdd.gif
    > @Del Rey Simmer said:
    > Freedomdeep
    > Lydia's answer is correct but as far as i am aware the answer to your second question is that the founders you create in c.a.s are generation 0 there children are generation 1 and there kids (your founders grandkids) are generation 2 so they would start the next era

Thanks Del Rey for answering my question :)
    akddFdd.gif
    edited April 2015
    @Freedomdeep I usually just leave the mom home with them, however I have put my Sims on a lot to where they can do everythign they need to there. If you leave the lot, I would just leave the mom/dad there and have them set to care for themselves and the baby

EDIT: I do this mainly because I am not sure about "Dino Daycare", but I would assume this wouldn't be allowed because there was no daycare in prehistoric times, that was only in Flintstones lol
    > @Lydiaa88 said:
    > Freedomdeep I usually just leave the mom home with them, however I have put my Sims on a lot to where they can do everythign they need to there. If you leave the lot, I would just leave the mom/dad there and have them set to care for themselves and the baby

I chose to plop my founders in Oasis Springs, but the only 50x50 lot does not come with a fishing pond or lake. I cannot move my sims to another lot or world per the rules, so I am stuck traveling to neighborhoods that have fishing ponds.

Is it an official rule that we must keep our babies attended at home with another sim? Thanks again for your help :)
    akddFdd.gif
    @Freedomdeep Honestly, I would wait until Cloudseeker gives his official say on it, until than, I would just keep a Sim home with the baby :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top