Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    Here soon, I am going to record some more episodes. I'll take everything that you guys said into account :)
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    Small update: The Early Civilization "Display at least 50 unique in-game collectibles" goal has been increased to require at least 100 unique collectibles, and I updated the scoresheet accordingly.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker what is considered a collectibles because I thought the 50 was going to be hard?
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Lydiaa88 All plants and fish count :) Anything that has its own collection in the collection panel counts

Edit: I'm still in the prehistoric era and I currently have 62 unique collectibles so it's not as hard as it first seems. That's why the requirement changed :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
    edited April 2015
    @ewright9 oh thank god! I was about to start panicking.

EDIT: What about the Easter Eggs?
    @Lydiaa88 In the new description of the goal, it says that limited edition collections do not count, so the Easter eggs can be sold (not counting towards your $50,000) and will not count towards the collection goal
    @ewright9 awesome.. them not counting is fine.. I just didn't know if I was supposed to keep them, or sell them or what :) thanks :)
    Alrighty, I have recorded 3 episodes, 2 are going up tonight!
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Alrighty, I have recorded 3 episodes, 2 are going up tonight!
    Awesome! I will keep an eye on my subscription feed, then :)
    34in38k.png
    Part two of my challenge story is now up!
    @ewright9 awww! Episode 3 of mine is in the process of uploading

And my founders name is Lily so I am a little partial :P
    @Cloudseeker It's up! FINALLY!
    @Lydiaa88 As wonderful as the previous ones :)

I have decided to start doing larger but less frequent updates instead of the constant stream of mini-updates I've been doing, so I have a little document where I note down things people tell me, or that I see in your videos, and when it's large enough, I'll make an update post. But I can tell you right away that you are in fact allowed to sell frogs, they just won't count towards the 50 000 :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I'm gonna start keeping track of my profits from day to day, I just need someone to tell me what I've got up to in the videos. I usually sell the eggs/frogs off camera just to keep them out of any logs people like @ewright9 is doing to help me out. But thanks for telling me ^_^
    @Lydiaa88 Just finished watching your second episode, in the first day you made $257 and on the second day you made $549. Do I need to count for the third part?
    @ewright9 No I can do it. I have a couple that's already been recorded so I'll go through and count before I start the next ones.
    Episode 4 should be up shortly, again youtube has some crappy processing speeds tonight
    edited April 2015
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Episode 4 should be up shortly, again youtube has some crappy processing speeds tonight
    Alright :) my bed keeps calling for me though, so I'll have to check it out first thing in the morning :)
    34in38k.png
    Ok, here's my fifth Sim-weekly report for the challenge! When we last were with John, he had gotten both Summer and Cassandra pregnant. This week, he took a jog over to the Caliente residence and managed to get both sisters pregnant, Nina and Dina, thus completing the goal to have babies with five different Sims :) (By the way, Summer and Cassandra both gave birth to TWINS... I guess my hunch was right just with the wrong mother!) By Tuesday the Ravenwing family had completed their goal of earning $50,000 from fishing, gardening, and woodworking. Yay team! Mary did give birth to another baby boy this week, who they named Jacob. The same day Jacob was born, Lily aged into a teenager (and got the insane trait, probably driven crazy by her hot-headed sister). Later in the week, Jacob became a child (and also got the insane trait... maybe it just runs in the family) and Simon aged into a teenager (with the genius trait)... and boy is he going to be a heartbreaker ;)
    04_27_15_10_50_PM.png
    He is a bit sad in this picture because he thinks everyone forgot his birthday, but oh well. Still adorable!

After the $50,000 goal was met, I stopped keeping track of the daily earnings, but the household funds are nearly $60,000 now! John didn't really do much of anything skill-wise this week (since there isn't a woohoo skill), but Mary made up for that by getting her fishing to level 6 and her handiness 74% of the way to level 10! Lily and Simon helped with the garden this week, while Aria wandered around collecting rocks and mysterious trophies for the Ravenwing family collection :) I've been tallying up the collectibles (see early civilization goals) and have 80 unique collectibles currently displayed on the lot... not including the few in Aria's inventory that don't have a table to sit on yet!

On a sad note, it appears that Mortimer Goth died this week :'( *moment of silence* Hopefully he didn't die of surprise when his daughter gave birth to twins... lol :)

Next week we will see Aria age up into a young adult, Mary age up into an adult (finally), and John age into an elder (wait... what? Logic :| ). Mary will also be finishing her Handiness skill (and making some awesome toilets ohhhh yeah B) ) and hopefully maxing her fishing skill as well, as long as Aria doesn't get too close and personal with Alexander Goth first ;)

That's all for now guys! Happy Simming :)
    @ewright9 Nice report, good to see that it is going well.

@Lydiaa88 I've watched episode 4 now, and I made a couple of notes in my document :)
    I have noticed that your microphone volume is quite low, actually. You might want to boost that a bit (if it's possible). Just a small observation :)

In general, I get the feeling that there has been some confusion regarding what counts towards the 50 000 simoleons for the Prehistoric Era. It is in fact only actual fish/plants/rocks/fossils/woodwork that count towards the goal, not anything caught while fishing/gardening/etc. All that other stuff can be sold, but it won't count towards the goal. You may keep the money you've earned so far (because it would be a royal pain to go back and re-count), but just remember this for future reference :)
    34in38k.png
    Well, I am glad you aren't making us recount.. I'll keep that in mind. I'll turn my microphone up more as well.
    edited April 2015
    @Cloudseeker

Well I did sell things like kitchen upgrade parts, and a couple voodoo dolls that I found in Sylvan glade. Altogether that would amount to about $3,000... which I'm way over anyway. :) Sorry that I was wrong on that part

edited April 2015
    LOL! So a woman walked by on the lot, and Isaac finally got the in to get her in the tent for a little bit of action. However, Lily was around and now his relationship with her went down because she got jealous XD
    Hey everyone I'm back with my sixth (and probably last) Sim-weekly report for the prehistoric era! This week Mary finally maxed her handiness and fishing skills (yay!), thus completing that goal. The only goal I have left to achieve is my Sims only dying of old age, so as long as nobody gets eaten by the cowplant or goes crazy with the fire (Yes, I'm looking at you two, Lily and Jacob) that's a perfectionist's version of a perfect first era! This week Mary aged into an adult, Aria aged into a young adult, and John is going to age into an elder any moment now! Lily painted her sister's portrait for the family album, and painted a family portrait of John, Mary, Aria, and Simon. (Grr still mad I couldn't get a picture of the whole family) This family portrait took nearly two Sim hours to get right, because I went through about five scrapped portraits before I finally got a good one where you can see everyone and they're all paying attention. The struggle!

Some of you may have noticed I uploaded a new family and lot to the gallery, this family is the brother/sister I made to be Aria and Simon's mates. At the end of this week, Aria and Simon took a trek down to their home and met the new Sims in town!
    04_28_15_4_28_PM.png

The Ravenwing family funds are over $76,000 this week (I'm going to have fun making a house for them when the next era starts :) ). Might I just say, that if you graft strawberry with snapdragon you get dragonfruit, that has a base value of $80. I had a stack of 14 dragonfruit of excellent quality and got $1,500 off of it. Talk about an easy way to make money!

I sort of let everyone do whatever they wanted this week (which resulted in both Aria and Simon getting eaten by the cowplant...), so most of the skills that were raised this week were social skills. I had Simon work on handiness a bit since he was feeling focused anyway :)

Next week we're going to be spending a lot of time with Aria and her prospective mate as they grow their relationship and bring in the next era :) I do plan to only be taking Mary, John, Aria, and Simon into the next era, I just haven't decided yet if I want to move Lily and Jacob out or feed the crazies to the cowplant >:) I kind of want to have their graves on the home lot, so I'm leaning toward killing them off :p After the next era starts of course, wouldn't want to ruin that goal for myself :)

Anyway, that's all for now everyone! I hoped you enjoyed my little report ( @Cloudseeker let me know if you want me to stop posting these each week) happy Simming!
    @ewright9 Thank you for the report :) Remember that you are not allowed to milk the cowplant if you decide to feed Lily and Jacob to it :)
    I personally don't mind your reports, so it's up to you if you want to continue with them :)
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top