Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Hiya everyone! I know I've been away for quite some time. But anyways, I was curious if there is anyone here that is attending the Simmers meet up in London August 1st.

I will be there! And I thought it would be kind of sad if anyone from here went, and only found out afterwards haha!

Keep up the building :) Loving it, I'm taking a break from it all myself, but I still keep a watch on the builds :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #16

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited April 2015
    @BuildnShare Thank you for your comments on my 1st attempt !

Can I ask, is it ok to edit my library / entry now with more pictures and presentation ie titles on the shots, seeing as I've already posted it here in the thread ?
    Thanks in advance!

Edit - I've decided to upload to photobucket instead of flickr so will adjust my entry accordingly in the next couple of days
    Post edited by Liziann1 on
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 17
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/580E4E26E87011E48126CC87F435584E?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=the third tower of wisdom&max=25
    LOT COST: 4,000
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: 147,862
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/slideshow/sims4buildnshare17
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to make something with some kind of ancient Egyptian connection so I based it roughly on the Alexandria Lighthouse.
    I took the photos on the proper lot but I had to upload it from a different lot because the first picture wasn't showing up but I don't think that should make any difference as the total cost price is from the original library lot.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 04-21-15_9-55nbspPM_zpskdwuxg14.png

Post edited by folala on
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited April 2015
    @folala what a beautiful library. There is so much to explore. Well done :)
    Edit: I only noticed the lantern in the light house just now, @folala, just genius <3
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare Thank you for your comments on my 1st attempt !

Can I ask, is it ok to edit my library / entry now with more pictures and presentation ie titles on the shots, seeing as I've already posted it here in the thread ?
    Thanks in advance!

Edit - I've decided to upload to photobucket instead of flickr so will adjust my entry accordingly in the next couple of days

That's fine @Liziann1, as long as it is done before the challenge closes, you can make any changes you wish!

GArBA5W.jpg
    thanks very much @Issabella14 , I have to say though your pyramid is properly Awesome!
    Thank you @folala :)
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that The Johnsons are now on Twitter and FB as well. You can now follow the family's exploits.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    What challenge were they from? I took a break for a while and must have missed them.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    The Johnsons are from challenge #13 - Best Laid plans and they will be back :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    thanks @Zita1966z :)
    All you guys are so talented here its kind of exciting seeing everyone's take on the challenges! (& a wee bit daunting too!!)
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Curtis Millienium Library
    LOT COST: $4,000
    BUILD COST: $145,039
    TOTAL COST: $149,039
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Curtis Millenium Library
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Curtis Millenium Library is a marvel of modern architecture! With benefactor Douglas Curtis III behind the project, the library mirrors his own modern and sophisticated style. Built from sturdy concrete, the minimalist decor encourages serious study and lots of space for the citizens of Willow Creek to come and learn.

The main floor has two public bathrooms, each with two private stalls. The circulation desk is front and center, allowing staff to quickly greet visitors as well locate any needed materials. At the back of the main floor, there is an arts space with several easels ready for use. And not to forget the littlest fans of literature, there is a private childrens area with craft stations and chairs that are perfect for a reading circle!

The second floor houses most of the books and provides more then enough private desks and computers for visitors to use. There are also reading spots, chairs and vending machines to ensure everyone's comfort.

The third and top floor is a roof garden with seating to help enjoy the stunning views. As well, logical Sims are able to spend their time playing chess while enjoying some sun.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

04-24-15_10-33nbspAM.png

Very grand, modern library @misscbong, I love it <3:)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier

LEVEL: Established

LOT: Curtis Memorial Library

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7177CD27EAC711E488E36931A5A3888F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25

LOT COST: $4,000
    BUILD COST: $145,517
    TOTAL COST: $149,517

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/Curtis Memorial Library

ENTRY DETAILS: Douglas Curtis III opted to dedicate this library to his late Grandfather. Done in a Georgian style architecture with a grand plaza and entrance. Designed to stand out but still fit with the Willow Creek neighborhood.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    04-24-15_1-38nbspPM_zpsohsb923s.png
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    I'm s impressed with all these libraries. Didn't have time for this one, so I'm happy to see so many beautiful entries. My library of downloads is growing by leaps and bounds, lol!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
    True to what you said, very traditional and very grand, well done @gmcrozier :)
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Hello All. Some people know me and some people dont. For those who dont know me, I am one of the judges (primarily for TS3) and admin of BNS. You may not see alot of posts from me, but I am usually lurking in the background. And I've noticed somethings I am going to comment on. Being a blunt person, I'm sure I'm about to offend people. Brace yourself.
    ONe of the things I've noticed is people complaining about the budgets and the requirements of the builds. I write alot of the challenges. Each of the challenges are reviewed by the other judges just to make sure they are workable in TS4.
    THis is a building CHALLENGE. The idea behind Build n Share is to help you develop your skills, find new ways of thinking and discovering new inspiration. These are not meant to be easy things where you get a trophy for participating. This is also a personal choice. If you think its too hard, dont enter. Its that simple.
    Some of the comments I've seen have come from people who are familiar with BNS for TS3. And its been surprising. You know who you are. ANd you know how this works. BNS for TS4 is no different than BNS for TS3.
    Certain things are expected at certain levels. If you dont want to fulfill the requirements for that level, dont enter it. PLain and simple. If you're an advanced builder, you're expected to show use of moo, landscaping, color and design, good organized labeled pictures and so on. If you're a beginner, we'll help by pointing out what we expect from you in the future as you progress. If you dont want criticism, put NO on your entry form and we wont critique it. It will still be judged, but we wont give you feedback.
    But either way, all the challenges are doable and all have certain requirements. Use your common sense, think outside the box, meet the requirements and have fun. Or dont enter. Its YOUR choice. All are welcome and appreciated and each creation is treasured, but at the end of the day its YOUR choice.
    Have a lovely day.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Good to meet you @ISHTARJMD and thank you for coming out from behind the shadows. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Its nice to meet you too @pammiechick.
  • alexmcnameealexmcnamee Posts: 1 New Member
    This'll be my first time entering. I'm from the UK, and my entry should be complete ASAP. I've been playing the Sims for over 3 years, though TS4 build mode I'd still consider myself a beginner - I hardly ever use it!
    I'm surprised I've not noticed this before - it looks like a lot of fun!
    Welcome @alexmcnamee !! Can't wait to see what you have come up with!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome @alexmcnamee I am in the UK too!
    I hope you have fun on your first Build n Share - I did !
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Curtis Community Library
    LOT COST: 145,976
    BUILD COST: 4,000
    TOTAL COST: 149,976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Grand place of learning
    ENTRY DETAILS: Grand community library covering three floors including reception, children's area, café/bar, WCs, ancient reference area, computer nooks, comfortable seating, general reference area and conference/meeting room. Rear garden for quiet reading.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/793BDBCAEAC511E48A50780525D3AA9B?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=cevans1962&max=25

50a74284-ac03-4720-ac80-5aa2a1481740_zpspkb6smn7.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top