Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2015
    Small update: I have reworked the scoresheet (both the Excel version and the printable version) so that it is a bit more aesthetically pleasing as well as easier to use.
    34in38k.png
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    I am doing this challenge, so I am a little excited. If you want to keep up with me, I am doing mine on YouTube. I'll give as much feedback as I can!
    If you'd like me to link to it in the main post, let me know what your YouTube channel is :)
    34in38k.png
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Thanks for the printable version of your score sheets.

Sorry to say I did not make the last goal. The biggest Angler fish I caught before Nyla gave birth was only $1,470 :'( ... so close!! LOL I'll be back with some screen shots of the family as it is now before I rebuild for the 2nd era. :)
    @tammyjo329 Aw, that's too bad. Let's hope that the rest of the goals will go better :)
    34in38k.png
    It was fun and I love when unexpected things go wrong. It just seems to enhance the story line for me, so for me it is still fun when a goal is failed. :wink:

Here are a few pics I promissed and a link to my blog which has more pics for anyone interested in seeing them :p

04-19-15_8-04c2a0am.png
    04-25-15_3-56c2a0pm.png
    04-22-15_7-46c2a0pm.png
    04-25-15_4-36c2a0pm.png
    https://tammy329.wordpress.com/

@tammyjo329 Nice pictures! Do you want me to link to your blog in the main post?
    34in38k.png
    Sure if you want :D that would be nice. I will be adding pics for the next era once it is complete.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I am playing a historic fantasy world myself. I made some bustle victorian styled dresses if anyone wants and parasols too (I didn't upload the recolors but you can get the mesh link at the same place as dresses): http://fairydreamssims4.blogspot.com/2015/04/victorian-dress-with-bustle-set.html
    @GaiaPuma Those are quite nice! Thank you :)
    34in38k.png
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    @GaiaPuma Those are quite nice! Thank you :)

Thank you for doing this amazing challenge. I am playing XVII to victorian era but I didn't see your challenge before, or would make my play much better. I will restart another save and try this :) sounds very fun!
    @GaiaPuma I am very glad that you find my challenge interesting! I look forward to hear what you think when you have tried it :)
    34in38k.png
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Resident Stalker here :)
    I've been stalking this thread for a while now and it seems this challenge is coming along superbly well! I think I might try it out once I get everything else on my boat shoved out of the way! I'm excited to try this out and to see what changes come about before I actually play this challenge :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    @SummerFalls I'll look forward to it! :)
    34in38k.png
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    I'm back with my third Sim-weekly report! Lily aged into a child this week and maxed her mental skill! Since she loves the outdoors, she is working on fishing as well to help with family finances :) Mary and John had another baby this week, and named him Simon. Near the end of the week he aged into a child as well, and is very outgoing! John also had a birthday this week and aged into an adult, but was depressed because he didn't get a birthday cake. However, possibly the biggest news is that Mary found an entrance to Sylvan Glade, where John fished and found an award-winning anglerfish worth $1,534!
    04_25_15_6_06_PM.png

The daily earnings this week from fishing, gardening, and woodworking ranged from $379 to $10,108 (That was family fishing day in the glade). The weekly earnings totaled at $19,958, which means only $18,970 left to go! John's gardening skill went up to level 3 this week as he was helping Mary with the garden while she was pregnant. Mary's gardening skill is at level 8 now, with her handiness at level 7, and her fishing went all the way up to level 5 from fishing with her family in the glade! Aria has been working hard on her fishing skill and is a child fishing prodigy at level 8! Not to be out-done by her sister, Lily's fishing is at level 6. Simon, the youngest, is still working on his mental skill, which is level 5.

Next week we will be focusing on John getting *ahem* familiarized with the local ladies, while Mary and the kids work on their skills to see who will be the first one to max the handiness, fishing, and gardening skills!

On a side note, I did get a message saying that Aria had very low grades, and would be taken by child services if they didn't go up. However, the day I got this notice was the day that Aria would be having her birthday, so I'm not sure yet what will happen first... If she'll be taken by child services or age into a teen. I'll of course let you know when I find out, it just scared me!

That's it for my report, I'll be back later with more findings of course :) Happy Simming!
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
    @ewright9 My goodness, $10 108? That was one productive day :) Maybe the $50 000 is too easy of a goal after all :p And let us hope Aria doesn't get taken away :)
    34in38k.png
    edited April 2015
    @Cloudseeker I probably won't have another day like that, I was just really trying to get that anglerfish lol! Seems like at this rate without any crazy fishing days I'll be finishing the $50,000 in a couple weeks. If I hadn't had that fishing day, it would probably be three more weeks, which would be around the time the oldest kid starts finding someone to have kids with and start the next era so I think it's ok :) However, if I had been fishing in Sylvan Glade from the first day I would probably have that goal finished by now because the fish there are much more valuable. Do with that information what you will.

Edit: If anything, you could restrict fishing in Sylvan Glade for the prehistoric era, and only allow fishing for the angler in the Forgotten Grotto because you have to be level 10 handiness to get to the Forgotten Grotto, while you can get into the Sylvan Glade at any time.
    Post edited by Snowie on
    or your could have syvan glade locked until your sim reaches level 10 in fishing. Which is what I did and even though I visited it 6 days in a row, I still did not catch an Angler fish over $1500. Though I was very close at $1471. I would like some brownie points for that one ;);)
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    or your could have syvan glade locked until your sim reaches level 10 in fishing.
    You know what, that's actually a really good idea, I think I'll add that. Thanks! How easy was it for you to reach the $50 000 goal?
    34in38k.png
    I did not actually reach it until that last week. I was getting really close and I caught a $300, $500, and the $1471 Angler fish and I caught an $1857 Sturgeon which helped push me over the $50,000 goal along with the grown kids harvesting the garden at home. :p
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    > @Sara74469 said:
    > lydiaa88 WHAT'S YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!

Lol I will post the first one here when I post it. I am trying to keep my schedule. I have been addicted to this Challenge for a while.. I am having issues keeping them off their phones. Does anyone know of some mods that can force them to stop using their phones?
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    >
    > I am doing this challenge, so I am a little excited. If you want to keep up with me, I am doing mine on YouTube. I'll give as much feedback as I can!
    >
    >
    >
    > If you'd like me to link to it in the main post, let me know what your YouTube channel is

If you would like to post it in the main post, I'd like that. One question: when the sims get pregnant am I allowed to buy a bassinet since they cannot give birth at the hospital?
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    I did not actually reach it until that last week.
    Okay, good.
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    One question: when the sims get pregnant am I allowed to buy a bassinet since they cannot give birth at the hospital?
    Yes, you may do that.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Ok I finally started to post my pictures and experiences while playing, the discussion I started for it is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830925/the-ravenwing-history-a-history-challenge-story?new=1
    @ewright9 Very nice :) I'll link to it in the main post, if you don't mind :)
    34in38k.png
    edited April 2015
    @Cloudseeker Yes, you may do that.

Yay! Thanks! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top