Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• melissa_simmelissa_sim Posts: 50 Member
    That's what I thought. Thanks for clearing that up! That makes an interesting family tree.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I just had the weirdest glitch guys -- sent Brooklyn to the hospital to have her baby (well, she had twins) -- got home, wasn't paying attention, and then I look and she's still pregnant... ?? AND we have the babies in the house...
    SO I was like, ok, I'll get a bassinet and see if she can "have baby" to fix the issue.... EVERY bassinet I placed had a baby in it... I was like WHAT THE?????

I was recording too so it was pretty funny.

I hadn't saved so I had to go out and re-do my episode (not a huge deal) and I opted to have the babies at home and thankfully there wasn't an issue the second time but, OMG. I could have plopped down 80-something bassinets pre-filled with babies and been done with the challenge HAHAHAHAHA (that would have been terrible).

Has anyone ever had magic baby bassinets before? It was so weird!
  • yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    edited April 2015
    @Eminik yes it was difficult the first time the house got full with kids and teens! But i think i've gotten into a groove of organising myself.

@Rhyanie Sounds fun to have all their names begin with the same alphabet!

@Ashleigh825 Don't have a blog, and i don't think i'll be starting once as i'm a single-mom and play for a bit each evening as i wind down after my son goes to bed! coming on this forum is already dangerous! :expressionless:

I'm playing with aging off but thinking of switching it on now that the second generation is starting, i'm wondering if matriarch 2 can have babies with the same guys her mom had kids with?
    I used to name the kids with names ending in the letter "a" (like Mariana, Ariana, Joshua, Akria..)
    It got kinda hard after she had a bunch of boys/I got too lazy to go find names.
    My sim had 3 girls and I wished for a boy and well, I got what I wished for, the next 5 were boys. Hopefully the one she's having now is a girl so it can balance out!
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2015
    yameanoda wrote: »
    @Eminik yes it was difficult the first time the house got full with kids and teens! But i think i've gotten into a groove of organising myself.

@Ashleigh825 Don't have a blog, and i don't think i'll be starting once as i'm a single-mom and play for a bit each evening as i wind down after my son goes to bed! coming on this forum is already dangerous! :expressionless:

I'm playing with aging off but thinking of switching it on now that the second generation is starting, i'm wondering if matriarch 2 can have babies with the same guys her mom had kids with?

i have not played with the other generation having babies that a other generation has, it would make this challenge to easy.

• Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    yameanoda wrote: »

Nope, a second matriarch can't reuse a donor from the first matriarch. 100 babies, 100 daddies (theoretically, since obviously you're bound to get a few twins and triplets somehere down the line which is fine). Once a Sim has been used for his baby-making services, he can't be used again, ever. They don't reset with each new matriarch.

• RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    New blog post is up. I tried to be creative with this one. Took me longer than I had expected but I'm pretty stoked I was able to write it in story format. I have really got to catch up to where Yvette really is in the game.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
    My sim had her 8th baby, Julieta, I think. She had it when I wasn't playing. Is there anyway to stop that from happening?
    The kids names are;
    1. Adriana Lewis (moved out)
    2. Katarina Lewis (teen, soon to be YA)
    3. Mariana Lewis (kid, soon to be teen)
    4. Joshua (kid, twin to Akria)
    5. Akria (kid, twin to Joshua)
    6. Noah (kid)
    7. Bentley (kid)
    8. Julieta (baby)

It's hard to get the grades up. Adriana some how got a part time job (I think it was when I had their grandma visit, since they're close) and she would come home tired and she barley had time to do anything)
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    New blog post is up. I tried to be creative with this one. Took me longer than I had expected but I'm pretty stoked I was able to write it in story format. I have really got to catch up to where Yvette really is in the game.

The update's great! I left a comment. :)
    My sim had her 8th baby, Julieta, I think. She had it when I wasn't playing. Is there anyway to stop that from happening?
    The kids names are;
    6. Noah (kid)
    7. Bentley (kid)
    8. Julieta (baby)

It's hard to get the grades up. Adriana some how got a part time job (I think it was when I had their grandma visit, since they're close) and she would come home tired and she barley had time to do anything)

You need to go to the in-game options, under the Gameplay tab. Then you need to set Auto Age (Played Sims) to No. There's another option under that called Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims). If you have played Sims set to No and Unplayed Sims set to yes, your baby challenge household along with any other household you've played in your file won't age while you're not playing them but any townies and households you haven't played before will. If both are set to No, then no Sims will ever age at all while you're not playing them. For this challenge, I'd recommend having Played Sims set to No and Unplayed Sims set to Yes if you plan to switch households in that file so the game will spawn new townies to be baby donors as other townies grow old and die but your Sims that you've played won't progress while you're not in the house.

[quote="Ashleigh825;13574412"][quote="Rhyanie;13574220"]New blog post is up. I tried to be creative with this one. Took me longer than I had expected but I'm pretty stoked I was able to write it in story format. I have really got to catch up to where Yvette really is in the game.[/quote]

The update's great! I left a comment. :)

[quote="melissa_sim;13574348"]My sim had her 8th baby, Julieta, I think. She had it when I wasn't playing. Is there anyway to stop that from happening?
    The kids names are;
    6. Noah (kid)
    7. Bentley (kid)
    8. Julieta (baby)

[/quote]

You need to go to the in-game options, under the Gameplay tab. Then you need to set Auto Age (Played Sims) to No. There's another option under that called Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims). If you have played Sims set to No and Unplayed Sims set to yes, your baby challenge household along with any other household you've played in your file won't age while you're not playing them but any townies and households you haven't played before will. If both are set to No, then no Sims will ever age at all while you're not playing them. For this challenge, I'd recommend having Played Sims set to No and Unplayed Sims set to Yes if you plan to switch households in that file so the game will spawn new townies to be baby donors as other townies grow old and die but your Sims that you've played won't progress while you're not in the house.

[/quote]

Okay thank you! I'm new to the sims so I'm not sure how everything works

My game crashed when I was going to settings. I think my computer telling me I need to get a life.
    Just thought I'd update everyone on what's going on in my challenge. Camilla's twin girls both aged up with gorgeous red hair and I was really hoping one of them would be the next matriarch because of that but I still wanted more babies out of her, as many as I could squeeze from her uterus before the game forces her to go grey basically, lol. She got pregnant with a boy who turned out to be a full alien! Guess his pops must have been an alien in disguise, too, heh. Of COURSE the one alien donor I manage to find gives me a boy and not a girl, that would have made generation two of this challenge so much easier for me. *sigh*

I started freaking out after Floyd (alien baby) was born because Camilla couldn't find any more men to have babies with, they just weren't coming around the house. I did a townie purge of all the men (who weren't baby daddies or relatives) in town hoping it would make the game give Camilla all boys to stabilize the population (I REALLY wanted Kathryn or Gladys, the twin redheads, to be the next matriarch). Guess purging the town of men wasn't a smart idea, lol.

Finally, one day before turning Elder, Camilla found a guy and seduced him, but alas, my purge didn't even work and she ended up getting pregnant with a girl. Yet another singleton, too, after I worked so hard to kick all those kids out to make room for multiples, just my luck. I really hope this girl ends up being way prettier than Gladys or Kathryn, otherwise I think I'll be just inconsolable, lol. I love red hair so much, I really wanted to carry on that gene. *sob*
    just a little bit of tweaking in the nursery...

25pl4bo.jpg
  • ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    I'm doing this challenge, and I randomly chose some guys from the gallery so there's more men for her to have babies with. Is it okay if the fathers are brothers? Like let's say Daddy A is the father of Baby A, and he is brothers with Daddy B and Daddy B is the father of Baby B? Could that happen?
    (tl;dr 2 different kids have fathers that are brothers, but have same mom)
    It will obviously be one messed twisted family tree.

Yep that's fine to do. You just can't use the same Sim twice for baby making but their relatives are fair game, haha. My matriarch has kids with both Geoffrey Landgraab and his son Malcolm Landgraab. She also has kids with both Mortimer Goth and his son Alexander Goth. :D

@Ashleigh825 - my matriarch had babies with all of those men too! It's too fun not to mess with the family trees. It's great to think then that 2 of your children are both brother/sister and uncle/niece
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
    That nursery is adorable! I just have the bassinet in my sim's room, easy access to late night crying.
    Mariana aged up to a teen, she looks like her mom and has a girlfriend with the daughter of another sim I have. They're pretty cute together.
    That nursery is adorable! I just have the bassinet in my sim's room, easy access to late night crying.
    Mariana aged up to a teen, she looks like her mom and has a girlfriend with the daughter of another sim I have. They're pretty cute together.

me too just a bassinet and a mobile. But she has a bit more money now so I might change the house up a bit..on baby 28? I think so I think she might deserve a nicer home
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
    Oh..I actually came on here to ask a quick question

I have been using the legacy random generator for all the kid's traits and aspirations but my latest child's dad is a random townie and he only has two traits not three??? Not sure why he has only two but that is how he has been generated in to my game.

Should I do the close my eyes method for his final trait? Does anyone know if there is a general rule for if this happens?
    > @ChazLee86 said:
    > melissa_sim wrote: »
    >
    > That nursery is adorable! I just have the bassinet in my sim's room, easy access to late night crying.
    > Mariana aged up to a teen, she looks like her mom and has a girlfriend with the daughter of another sim I have. They're pretty cute together.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > me too just a bassinet and a mobile. But she has a bit more money now so I might change the house up a bit..on baby 28? I think so I think she might deserve a nicer home

I don't have room for a nursery, instead there's two kid bedrooms, with 3 beds in each, and a teen room with 4.
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    ChazLee86 wrote: »

I have been using the legacy random generator for all the kid's traits and aspirations but my latest child's dad is a random townie and he only has two traits not three??? Not sure why he has only two but that is how he has been generated in to my game.

Should I do the close my eyes method for his final trait? Does anyone know if there is a general rule for if this happens?

You could do that. I've been using createarandomsim.com for my challenge. I find it's easier because then I don't have to remember the father's traits and all that. That's too much work for me.

edited April 2015
    > @ChazLee86 said:
    >
    > That nursery is adorable! I just have the bassinet in my sim's room, easy access to late night crying.
    > Mariana aged up to a teen, she looks like her mom and has a girlfriend with the daughter of another sim I have. They're pretty cute together.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > me too just a bassinet and a mobile. But she has a bit more money now so I might change the house up a bit..on baby 28? I think so I think she might deserve a nicer home

I don't have room for a nursery, instead there's two kid bedrooms, with 3 beds in each, and a teen room with 4.

i have a little nursery, and a big room for all the kids, 4 bunkbeds, so if they are tired, they just go and sleep in a bed. much easier so i dont have to track them down if they are sleeping in a wrong bed, they just need to sleep in one of the 8 beds. :D

That's fine. It's not a game-killer if you don't use the random generator. The only reason I recommend using it in the rules is to avoid cherry-picking children's traits and aspirations, that would make the challenge too easy if you just gave all your kids agreeable, nice traits that make them easier to handle. Any other method you can find of randomly assigning traits is fine, it doesn't necessarily have to come from Pinstar's generator, you just need to make sure you're assigning traits and aspirations randomly somehow, that's all.

@Juliee101 where did you get those lovely cribs? I'm assuming you use the Baby Without A Crib mod to place them in the custom cribs? I seem to have problems with it, the babies all have the same dark skin and blue jumpsuit when they're not being held, it's so strange. I wish I could get the mod to function properly because I would love to free my babies from those horrible ugly bassinets, lol.

My matriarch actually makes so much money off her paintings that I just went ahead and built a really fancy house with eight bedrooms, plus a nursery with three bassinets in it in case of triplets, haha. One bedroom for momma bear then seven more bedrooms, one for each child in case she has a full house. The bedrooms are small but nice and decorated simply. They all have the same bed, rug, dresser, side table, mirror, and side table lamp so they're all proper bedrooms, there's just no personalization. The kids come and go so fast, there's no point in personalizing each of their rooms.

Also, letting you all know that there's been some clarification added to the existing rules. Nothing that changes them, just clarifying some things I get asked frequently. :)
    > @Juliee101 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > i have a little nursery, and a big room for all the kids, 4 bunkbeds, so if they are tired, they just go and sleep in a bed. much easier so i dont have to track them down if they are sleeping in a wrong bed, they just need to sleep in one of the 8 beds.

I should have done that, haha. But I wanted more bathrooms, so I put bathrooms near each rooms.
    I want to get bunk beds, but I'm afraid of CC messing up the Mac :p
  • yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    thanks for clarifying!
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited April 2015

I just use a random trait generator for all my kids - not using the normal rules on that regarding inheriting traits. I guess in this situation just a random trait would work?
    Eminik wrote: »

You could do that. I've been using createarandomsim.com for my challenge. I find it's easier because then I don't have to remember the father's traits and all that. That's too much work for me.

Yeah this is the site I use or my random traits too. It's really good.
    edited April 2015

That's fine. It's not a game-killer if you don't use the random generator. The only reason I recommend using it in the rules is to avoid cherry-picking children's traits and aspirations, that would make the challenge too easy if you just gave all your kids agreeable, nice traits that make them easier to handle. Any other method you can find of randomly assigning traits is fine, it doesn't necessarily have to come from Pinstar's generator, you just need to make sure you're assigning traits and aspirations randomly somehow, that's all.

@Juliee101 where did you get those lovely cribs? I'm assuming you use the Baby Without A Crib mod to place them in the custom cribs? I seem to have problems with it, the babies all have the same dark skin and blue jumpsuit when they're not being held, it's so strange. I wish I could get the mod to function properly because I would love to free my babies from those horrible ugly bassinets, lol.

My matriarch actually makes so much money off her paintings that I just went ahead and built a really fancy house with eight bedrooms, plus a nursery with three bassinets in it in case of triplets, haha. One bedroom for momma bear then seven more bedrooms, one for each child in case she has a full house. The bedrooms are small but nice and decorated simply. They all have the same bed, rug, dresser, side table, mirror, and side table lamp so they're all proper bedrooms, there's just no personalization. The kids come and go so fast, there's no point in personalizing each of their rooms.

Also, letting you all know that there's been some clarification added to the existing rules. Nothing that changes them, just clarifying some things I get asked frequently. :)

if you are still wondering where to get the cribs, here is the download.
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    Im starting the 100 Baby Challenge! I made my Matriarch Sim and built her a cheap house. I also uploaded my very first YouTube video. My Youtube channel is Niecee Stuckenschneider.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top