Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    @tammyjo329 In the prehistoric era section, it says you can have sinks and it says that your first two Sims are generation 0, therefore their grandkids will be the start of the next era. :)
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    oopps I did not see that you had added sinks when you added toilets to be allowed in pre-historic era .... LOL ... guess what I am gonna add to the lot next :smiley:
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @ewright9 Thank you for the report :) Your weekly earnings look quite high, actually (especially if that was just two sims, with relatively low skill levels). I'm wondering if the 50000 I set as the goal might be a piece of cake to achieve :P The easter eggs may be sold if you wish. As for the cowplant, I am unsure. Why don't you go ahead and sell it (and any others you come across), and if you notice that the money is just raining in from cowplants, let me know.
    34in38k.png
    edited April 2015
    Good news, a toilet mod fit for the Prehistoric Era just appeared on MTS, the Nature Calls Wild Grass Toilet by LadyCadaver! No more hiding a regular toilet behind a pile of shrubs :)
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker I think if we just fish the cowplant berries and don't grow them then there won't be an issue with money from that, because unless you're fishing from the pond in Oasis Springs that I mentioned earlier they're really rare to get while fishing. Maybe if people are growing plants that produce cowplant berries and making cowplant farms you could limit the amount of cowplants that can be sold to count towards that goal? I did some mental math on the weekly earnings and if they stay steady at about 3k (which they won't because they will get better at their skills and more household members will contribute to the weekly earnings) then just the two Sims could probably get about 30k before they die of old age.

At first the $50,000 was really daunting, but I'm trying to make them focus on making money as much as possible during the day, and only allowing for bathroom/food/woohoo breaks, so that's probably why the weekly earning was so high. I'm also giving a portion of all plants that my female Sim finds to the male Sim to use as bait for fishing, which means he catches more expensive fish. After one week my male Sim was actually at about level 7 fishing, but my female Sim was at level 3 gardening and level 5 woodworking (probably because I had her focusing on both, as well as getting her painting up to paint portraits, and she was pregnant during this time lol).

This week my female Sim will have the baby to focus on and my male Sim will be out trying to get some other ladies pregnant, so that will probably have an impact on the weekly earnings. Eventually I will start posting my family as a story on my website, which I'll link to from a thread on these forums. I'll leave the link for you when I do, if you want to post it or anything. I'll get to the story construction later, right now I'm too immersed in playing :)
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    You are making me excited to play this. It's so cool that you're play testing and reporting. Also, all the new mods and cc that I'm sure wilm come up will make it better. Can't wait to start it!
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    @ewright9 Okay, after having done some thinking on the subject of cowplants, I have decided that they may be grown, but not milked or sold. Unwanted cowplants will go into the family inventory.
    34in38k.png
    @Cloudseeker Sounds reasonable :) I'll just not count that money toward the $50,000
    A note on kids and going to school, the kids will not be taken if they don't go to school. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/parenting/children.php
    ewright9 wrote: »
    A note on kids and going to school, the kids will not be taken if they don't go to school. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/parenting/children.php
    Interesting. Well, since I haven't set any rules either for or against going to school, players may do whatever they feel like when it comes to school :)
    34in38k.png
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I just wanted to say that I cheated in money to make the lot look more prehistoric and gave them 100 to start, do you think that's fair? Any further updates I made to the lot I used from money my sims earned.
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that I cheated in money to make the lot look more prehistoric and gave them 100 to start, do you think that's fair? Any further updates I made to the lot I used from money my sims earned.
    I'd say that unless it was some insanely huge amount of money, and as long as you don't sell any of the stuff until you go to the next Era, it can be allowed.
    34in38k.png
    UPDATE: I have now added gender restrictions for careers and relationships all the way up until the Modern Day Era, so make sure to take a look at that. As always, if you think anything looks wrong, let me know.
    34in38k.png
    UPDATE: I have now added gender restrictions for careers and relationships all the way up until the Modern Day Era, so make sure to take a look at that. As always, if you think anything looks wrong, let me know.

I like that you added restrictions but didn't just say women couldn't work until the modern age. Very realistic choices and a good change :) Liked!
    edited April 2015
    I'm back with another Sim-weekly report! Aria aged up into a child this week, and I decided to keep her home from school to work on fishing with her dad :) I sent John over to the Pancakes residence to woo Eliza, only to find out that Bob was still there... awkward. Mary got pregnant again, and had another daughter on Saturday, who they named Lily :) Even with two kids, these crazy cavesims just can't help themselves from getting their prehistoric freak on ;)
    04_25_15_10_29_AM.png

During the week, the daily earnings from fishing, woodworking, and gardening ranged from $493 to $1,746, with a total of $7,878 earned by the end of the week. I now only have $38,928 left to go to complete the goal of making $50,000 in the prehistoric age! Aria maxed her mental skill this week from fishing (she's hot-headed so I figured fishing would be a good way to calm her down :) ) so she can start learning fishing and gardening skills in the upcoming week. John is now maxed out on his fishing skill, but isn't done with his fishing aspiration yet. He also got to level three in painting this week, and painted a portrait of Mary which they hung on the outside of their outhouse, next to the portrait of John that Mary painted last week. Mary is now level 6 in both gardening and handiness, and can make a lot of different furniture at the woodworking table. @Cloudseeker I had a question about woodworking, can we use the furniture that they craft at the woodworking bench even if it isn't part of the furniture allowed in the prehistoric age? If not all of it then can we at least use things like planters or shelves, and put the statues up for decorations? It also drives me crazy not being able to sell paintings. Can we sell paintings that are nature related and landscape paintings? Otherwise it seems like a waste of money leveling up the painting skill to 3 just to paint portraits. I understand the risk of masterpieces bringing in way too much money, but maybe if you restrict the painting skill to landscape paintings and painting from reference (and classic but only until they get to level 2, when they can paint landscapes) and don't allow money made from selling paintings to be counted towards the $50,000, that would be fair. I don't know just a thought :)

That's it for my second Sim-weekly report! I'm really enjoying this challenge and I'm sorry if this report was a bit delayed, I had a crazy busy past few days.

Edit: Oh and one more thing, I did take a look at the toilet mod but decided not to use it because it is an unbreakable toilet, and I enjoy having Mary repair the toilet and sink to help with her handiness, as well as upgrade these things.
    it was only like $1,300. Also I have come to the next Era, the early civ era and I was wondering if anyone could make a library that fits the rules for that era. I am bad at building and if you do upload it to the #historychallenge in the sims 4 gallery , thanks.
    @Sara74469 If you can last a little while without a library, I'll keep it in mind in case I get the itch to build. Otherwise I'll probably make it once I get to the next era :)
    @ewright9 Okay thanks :)
    @ewright9 Very nice report, thank you! By the looks of your numbers, it would seem that the $50 000 goal will be a pretty good number, not too easy, not too hard.

The list of objects that are allowed for each Era only contains objects with some form of functionality or that fulfil some special purpose (otherwise the list would go on forever), so you may not use crafted objects that have some functionality but are not on the "allowed list", if that makes sense. You may still sell them, of course, and they will count towards the $50 000. And crafted objects that do not have special functionality (chairs, tables, sculptures, etc.) may be used however you wish :)

As for paintings, I guess allowing people to sell paintings but not count it towards the $50 000 could work. I was afraid at first that people would just paint all day and rake in the cash, but if it doesn't count towards the $50 000, you wouldn't want to do that, since you wouldn't be fulfilling any goals. So, I'll restrict Sims to only be allowed to paint Classic, Landscape and From Reference, but allow paintings to be sold.

@Sara74469 I am planning to try and create some basic lots of different varieties for this challenge (even though I'm not very good at building), similar to how I made some sample households for each Era. So, in hopefully not too long time, there should be some lots on the Gallery :)
    34in38k.png
    @Sara74469 Hey, I'm going to start making a library but I wanted to know which of the suggested mods you installed? Just so that I know whether to put notebooks or computers in
    edited April 2015
    @ewright I don't have any mods so I would prefer computer but I can add those in myself if I need too
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I like all the new rules and guidelines you have added. I am almost done with era one. I have only missed out on one goal so far and that is because after Jarred one of my founders died in the first week, I could have deleted my game and started over, but I like to play on with the story as it plays out. I was glad to add toilets and sinks though!

Now it is a race to see if Kyra will reach her last goal (catching a Angler fish worth $1,500) before one of her children give her a grandchild!! I am letting one of her adult/young adult children try for baby with their lovers each day! LOL anyone want to place a bet on weather or not she makes it before the first grandchild is born? :)
  • Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    I am doing this challenge, so I am a little excited. If you want to keep up with me, I am doing mine on YouTube. I'll give as much feedback as I can!
    @lydiaa88 WHAT'S YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!!
    @Sara74469 I just shared an early civilization era library to the gallery under the history challenge hashtag. I left a desk empty for anyone to put a computer/notebook on, and it has a couple guitars and an easel :) I did use move objects for a few things so make sure to type "bb.moveobjects on" into the cheat bar before you place it. Enjoy! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top