Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 17
    FORUM ID: VanillaChai
    ORIGIN ID: VanillaChaiPWNS
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: DC Library and Cafe
    LOT COST: $4,000
    BUILD COST: $144,114
    TOTAL COST: $148,114
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

http://s166.photobucket.com/user/Jennifer_Alvey/slideshow/DC Library and Cafe

LINK TO LOT:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3DA12FB5E63611E48004CC87F435584E?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=buildnshare17&max=25

ENTRY DETAILS:

DC Library and Cafe, founded by Douglas Curtis the Third, has a sleek yet timeless design. This lot can be used as a library or as a retail lot (with Get to Work). Along with the reference library, librarians station, children's area, public restrooms, and outdoor seating comes a cozy cafe to sit and enjoy a cappuccino whilst diving into your favorite book.

04-18-15_9-57nbspPM-2_zpstxqkaz6t.png

04-18-15_10-01nbspPM_zps2vtxjfcu.png

04-18-15_10-00nbspPM-2_zpsepbetjsz.png

04-18-15_10-03nbspPM_zpsobx1fsy6.png

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A
    LINK TO HOUSEHOLD: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    LINK TO ROOM: N/A
    VALUE: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I did use MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlment and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    @Liziann1, @ReneVeronicaZIta and @VanillaChai your builds are magnificent, I will have to pull something out of my bag this time round. Really love these builds <3<3<3
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    Wow, all 3 libraries are fantastic. Well done everyone :D
    @BuildnShare, I have a problem, I get the Error531 when I save my build on the Willow Creek Research Library. I have tried everything. The only way to complete this build is to build on another lot, so I have built my Library on Daisy Hovel. What I would like to know is, if this is going to penalize me or if this is allowed.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Lisa17Ann
    ORIGIN ID: Lisa17Ann
    LOT: Curtis Community Library
    LOT COST: $4000
    BUILD COST: $118,672
    TOTAL COST: $122,672

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/puppyhugger17/slideshow/Curtis Community Library?sort=9

LINK TO GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/26BD5D1FE68111E483FA74782C4318E8?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Curtis Community Library&amp;max=25

ENTRY DETAILS: The Curtis Community Library Is Modern take on Traditional style. The curves of the roof give the feeling of the pages of an open book. Clean and white throughout this community build gives guests the focus they need to concentrate on studying. The child’s reading room looks out over the covered gardens so Sims can enjoy the outside space all year round.

SIM: NA

ROOM:NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please =)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Debug, Moo and Unlocks used.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    ccl1.jpg
    ccl9.jpg
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

I just wanted to say Wow aren't you all a talented bunch! They all look so great so far! I love seeing how creative Sim's players are =) Happy Simming and good luck everyone! =)

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @BuildnShare, I have a problem, I get the Error531 when I save my build on the Willow Creek Research Library. I have tried everything. The only way to complete this build is to build on another lot, so I have built my Library on Daisy Hovel. What I would like to know is, if this is going to penalize me or if this is allowed.
    Have you updated your game with the latest patch @Issabella14 this was supposed to fix the error?
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo, yes I have. I have not had that problem before, but now I do, and I am really frustrated with it. I have completed my build on another lot, so I am just waiting to here if I am allowed to enter it that way.
    Wow @lisa17ann, what a beautiful Library, well done <3:)
    Thanks @Issabella14 that's sweet of you to say! I hope you can sort your game out and if not that it's not a issue for you to use a different lot. Can't wait to see it either way! :)

edited May 2015
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT: DC Pyramid of Knowledge
    LOT COST: $2 000 (Daisy Hovel)
    BUILD COST: $145 701
    TOTAL COST: $147 701
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 17

GALLERY LINK:
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/275A8CC7F6D611E488836931A5A3888F

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Douglas Curtis The Third needs a grand Library to enrich the community and to share the knowledge that he has accumulated through out the years. I have built him his very own Pyramid to show of all his artifact's. This Pyramid has three sections. First would be the research sections, which displays most of his artifact's and has quite a resourceful selection of books. You should easily find any information there. The 2nd is the Library, for all the bookworms in our communities. You can also promote your new novel there. The 3rd is the children's section. I have created a mythical, playful and inspiring garden for the children to enjoy their learning experience.

1_zpsizycbteb.jpg
    2_zpsknzc7wyh.jpg
    3_zpsf7xg9t4m.jpg

SIM: N/A
    LINK TO HOUSEHOLD: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    LINK TO ROOM: N/A
    VALUE: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I did use MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlment and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    @Issabella14 your Library is AMAZING! I love all things Egyptian and this build made me squeal with glee! The child's area is so cute I could die! Well done on being so orginal! :)

Thank you soooo much @lisa17ann, I really appreciate your comments :)
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2015
    zBeCNFy.png

Where did you get the roman letters?
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 17 A Grand Place of Learning

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID:pammiechick
    LEVEL: starter
    LOT NAME: Curtis Heritage Library
    LOT COST: $4000.00
    BUILD COST: $145,000
    TOTAL COST: $149,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/library?sort=6

ENTRY DETAILS:

Using Mr. Curtis' large donation, every detail commemorates his life, including some of his favorite treasures and passions within. When patrons enter at the top of the grand entry stairs, they will be greeted by a portrait of Curtis himself along with a plaque of his many fans' favorite quote: "I am the most happiest when I'm in the heart of reading about adventures. Or better yet, experiencing them!" Downstairs includes stacks and stacks of books and Curtis' private alcove where you'll find some of the richest furnishings. On that floor are the his and hers bathrooms as well as ample seating for those who like to read in quiet comfort. The basement is Curtis' coup de grace--celebrating Douglas Curtis III's newest adventure into space! It offers a large reference section with a picture of Curtis in his space uniform, chess station, snack area, children's section and computer area. This space is designed to transport the visitor into another world. Outside, there is plenty of seating areas where visitors may read in the sun and look at the pleasant vistas.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All from TSR: Gab Contemporary Living, Luau Outdoor furniture, Shabby Chic Used Living, Attraction Bedroom, Geoscape Wallpaper, Monaco Bedroom, Tulton bathroom, Galaxy Walls, Attraction bathroom, Akumata Living Area

Screenshot_87.jpg

Oh, and here's my Curtis with one of his ladies...that was a long time ago!

Screenshot_8.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited April 2015

Where did you get the roman letters?

@countrykris1play The letters are form GTW EP

Awesome builds again this challenge but the one that stands out 4 me is done by @Issabella14 Well done 4 thinking out the box - a beautiful creation :)
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    @countrykris1play The letters are form GTW EP

Where are they? I have GTW and can't find them.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @countrykris1play you have to have your lot set as a retail lot and then it is the "luminous sign" under retail items.
    edited April 2015
    @pammiechick, what a beautiful Grand library you built, well done. I love the entrance, it is really captivating <3:). Thank you @ReneVeronicaZIta for your support, have an awesome day. <3:)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    @gmcrozier I am waiting to see your build, I find you builds really inspiring :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @gmcrozier I am waiting to see your build, I find you builds really inspiring :)

@Issabella14 not just yet, but I will say that I went traditional
    gmcrozier wrote: »

@Issabella14 not just yet, but I will say that I went traditional

Great, look forward to see your entry :)
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Some more really amazing builds submitted for this challenge @gmcrozier I also went traditional :) sorta , look forward to seeing your entry.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Issabella14 Thank you! I love yours!! So amazing! Have no idea how you made a pyramid. And very appropriate for our Mr. Curtis!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top