Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited April 2015
    Welcome @ReneVeronicaZIta and @ToxicBlue to BuildnShare. :)
    @gmcrozier, @Liziann1, @masajo, @Karababy, @ReneVeronicaZIta and @ToxicBlue, really great builds. Love them all. <3:)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @Issabella14 thank you, I have re done my entry, as I got in a muddle over the costings after moving the Taylors in!
    I will upload it this evening, as I am off to work :(
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @BuildnShare Unfortunately due 2 my own silliness (missing half bathroom and budget not adjusted 2 include lot) I do not have time to redo my build to match the brief. lol Therefore I withdraw my entry until next time. <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you @Issabella14 You're such a sweetie! :) I agree, a lot of fantastic builds for this round. But, that could be said for every round. \o/ Y'all amaze me! Good luck everyone and Happy Simming! <3
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hi all, just thought you might want to know that our next client has been in touch and wanted to make us aware of their new facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/douglascurtisthethird
    They also have an email address that you can send any questions to
    douglascurtisthethird@gmail.com
    And also a twitter account that you can get a hold of them, you can find him @DougCTheThird
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 16
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Stoneham Cottage
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 32,980
    TOTAL COST: 34,980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Stoneham Cottage
    ENTRY DETAILS:

This adorable stone cottage is warm and cozy. It has a spacious master bedroom and comfortable second bedroom, both attached to a Jack and Jill bathroom. There is a half bath available for house guests that is right off the front hallway. The open concept living area provides a well sized kitchen with lots of counter space, as well as a dining nook and living room with fireplace.

The second floor is great for expansion, or kept as a hobby area complete with wood working stataion.

04-12-15_11-02nbspAM-3.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please! :smiley:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #NoCC
    @BuildnShare - I finally figured out why my slideshows were always out of order...hopefully it works better this time! I kept forgeting to switch out of edit mode!
    Gorgeous, just gorgeous @misscbong :)
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @ReneVeronicaZIta :( (((hugs))) your lot is still very lovely x

@misscbong Super Cottage, glad I looked after I submitted mine ;)

I have amended my entry form, I am in *gulp*
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @Liziann1 Thank you - maybe next time lol <3
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    My entry has been updated with the added half-bath. Thanks again @gmcrozier for catching that for me, and possibly others who misread.

I have a general question for @BuildnShare - Are we allowed to use the debug ambient lighting since the cost is $0? With restricted budgets, it doesn't seem fair for some to use the free lighting, while others spend a decent chunk of money trying to get their houses lit properly. Just curious for future entries.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I don't even know how to use the debug lighting! lol @VanillaChai in a feedback to me on one of my builds that was one of the suggestion to me was to use debug lighting. so I'm guessing it's ok for everyone to use them. Just wish I knew how lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited April 2015
    @lisa17ann press ctrl+shift+c then enter bb.showhiddenobjects and hit enter.
    Now you know.... :)

Here is a helpful page on cheats
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index
    Yes, debug lighting is allowed, as are all debug items. You would, however, be marked down if there was no visible source of lighting in a room...
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thanks @gmcrozier! I use cheats often but had no idea about free lighting and I'm sure I've used this cheat but never noticed the lighting thing lol...
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• ToxicBlueToxicBlue Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm loving everyone's entries so far! :)

I have re-entered my entry for the challenge with the second bathroom. I have added a top down picture to my entry form to show the change and have included the new link! :)
    Untitled%202_zps45hg4xod.png
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Thanks for the quick response. I'll be sure to utilize that in the future. I always just assumed we couldn't :)
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you @Issabella14 for reminding me to update at the 11th hour I'm terrible and have no excuses as I'm not even working this week! I literally just deleted the exercise thing saving $1500 and faffed around with the landscaping to try to get my money to go further.

There have been some lovely, cozy little cottages submitted to this challenge.

@BuildnShare I'm loving that we can connect with clients, well done on collecting all that social media info :)
    @Issabella14 - Thank you so much! ;)
    @Liziann1 - You're so sweet, haha ;)
    Looks like Mr Curtis has taken to leaking some teasers about the new challenge on his twitter account. We'll have to have words!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited April 2015
    *edited because.... I forgot the kitchen sink...*

CHALLENGE #: 16 The Siblings
    FORUM ID: Bouquetcatcher
    ORIGIN ID: Bouquetcatcher
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Fresh Start Cottage
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $32,965
    TOTAL COST: $34,965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bouquetcatcher/sets/72157651913528406/
    ENTRY DETAILS: A lovely 2 bed, 2 bath cottage in which Henry and Evie can start afresh. So much country charm is built into this English-style cottage. Architectural details abound! Money is tight for these sibs after losing their parents, but we've made it go far. Furnishings are simple and minimalistic but beautifully done. There is plenty of room to expand and add their own personal things, but Henry and Evie will love the design, color and touches of hominess. Henry's workshop is currently a simple, small room off his bedroom - but he could easily build a shop out back someday, or dig a basement or even add on to the house! They could even use that workspace to add another bath upstairs for Evie as she gets older. They'll have lots of room for upgrades in the years to come.

(I do plan to do an "upgraded" version of this build very soon - so many things I wanted to do but couldn't due to budget!)

17157821015_56ed471d6b_c.jpg

SIM: Henry and Evangeline Taylor (use my Origin ID Bouquetcatcher on the gallery)
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bouquetcatcher/sets/72157651981494831/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Henry (teenager) and Evangeline (infant) Taylor. Henry is a Renaissance Sim and is cheerful, good and a quick learner. Evie has nothing set yet as she is just an infant. They sadly lost their parents recently, Clark and Amanda. With the life insurance left to them Henry contracted an architect to build a cozy cottage-style home to raise his sister, giving her the best life he can. Note: I aged Evie up and made her a self-assured Social Butterfly, just to see how she grows up and giver her the assigned trait. Pics include her as an infant and as a child.

16540076094_336574b1cf_o.jpg

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, but I did use MOO. (Edited: I removed my mods and reuploaded, so the build is no longer flagging as CC. I don't know why my last build did not flag as I probably had mods in then too, but whatevs. I use NO CC)
    Post edited by bouquetcatcher on
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    @kezflake I want to lol and note that I used the same exterior wall and window coloring as you without even knowing it! I mean it is rather English-cottagey but I think great minds just think alike :D
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    @bouquetcatcher Very lovely build. ;)

But you forgot a overhead shot of the house with roof up so the judges can see the roof lines, also an overhead shots of the floor plan for each level of the house so the judges can fully understand the layout and how the build will play.
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    @bouquetcatcher absolutely great minds think alike!

When I think cottage this English style is just what comes to mind, overall they're very different anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top