Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Sometimes it's sad and lonely being on a different time zone then all of you. :'(
    Was really hoping the new challenge was up when I got up. :*
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I'm in the UK but Im from the USA and I feel like that too @countrykris1play :neutral:
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited April 2015
    I'm in Texas. It is already going to be noon in 30 min and no new challenge yet :'(
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Well, it's a little past dinner time in London, anyway...I'm sure people have a life. I mean, it's Good Friday tomorrow. Not sure if England observes this holiday, but I'd guess I'd be at the pub right about now... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Yep, sorry guys, was called into work early at the last minute, hence no new challenge yet. Give me an hour to have something to eat and it'll be up :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Well, it's a little past dinner time in London, anyway...I'm sure people have a life. I mean, it's Good Friday tomorrow. Not sure if England observes this holiday, but I'd guess I'd be at the pub right about now... ;)

LOL Ya I have no life during the week. Hubby's at work so I Sim all day. :p
    edited April 2015
    Challenge #16 - The Siblings

You sit with a mug of hot lemon and honey feeling sorry for yourself, as the cold you had been trying to avoid has made a fully fledged appearance. The intercom buzzes and you answer, wiping your nose.

"Yes Rose?"

"Your 4:30 appointment is here, shall I show him in?"

"Please."

The door opens and in walks a young man, with short strawberry blond hair and an athletic appearance, you wouldn't be surprised if he played as a quarterback. However, you wouldn't put him at an age where he would be interested in building a home, he can't be more than 17. In his arms he carries a tiny baby, from the pink baby-grow, you surmise that it is a little girl.

"Henry, it's such a pleasure to meet you."

"You too, and thank you for taking the time to meet with me."

He seems exceptionally polite and his eyes look a little sad.

"I understand that you need a new home?"

"Yes, my parents were recently killed in a car accident, leaving me to look after my baby sister Evangeline. They left us enough money that I wanted to relocate and start again."

"I can see why you would want to do that."

"Willow Creek seems like a nice place, and the school is supposed to be fantastic, I want to try and give little Evie the best possible start in life."
    You find his demeanor amazing considering what he has been through and what life must have in store for him and his little sister.

"So, what did you have in mind?"

"Well,this may seem a little weird, but I love little cottages, I like the cosines that they seem to instill. And I want Evie to feel safe in her new home. My parents life insurance policy has enough that I can put away some money so that Evie can go to college if she wants, and that will leave me with enough to live on, for a while. I was thinking about starting my own business sometime in the future, so that I can work from home, to help cut down on childcare costs."

Again, you wonder how someone so young can be so unselfish and pragmatic. Thinking of how you would have handled the situation had it been you at 17, it also gives you some perspective of how awful life could truly be.

Evangeline starts to grumble, so Henry holds up a bunch of keys and this seems to lift her spirits as she starts waving her hands in their general direction.

"So, we are looking at cottage style build, with 2 bedrooms I'm guessing?"

"That would be great, it would also be useful if I could have another room to myself, sort of like an office stroke workshop, I am thinking ahead though, so if it's not possible on the budget, maybe just an alcove or something in my room, I don't want Evie to be able to get her hands on my tools as she gets more mobile."

"What do you make?" You inquire.

"I love wood work, I sculpt and make some basic items of furniture. It helps me to relax."

"Sounds incredible, I'd love to see some of your work someday?"

With a genuine smile Henry replies. "I'd like that too! So, as for a budget, do you think you could manage this build with $35,000."

"I think that's definitely doable. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll show you around the finished property."

"Thank you so much, I was dreading this meeting, it seems so final, to have a new home. But we can't live in the past."

"No, and I must say I am sorry for your loss, but I think little Evangeline has been left in safe hands."

As he leaves the office, you notice little Evangeline is looking in your direction, you hold her gaze for a moment and you could swear it was almost like she was trying to say thank you.

Brief
    Use Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek:
    Foundry_Cove_zpsawuzvjih.png~original
    Cottage style build
    2 bedroom
    1.5 bathroom
    Workshop space out-side of the main living area
    $35,000

Room Challenge:
    Create Henry’s bedroom, with an area for his workshop included. Your budget for this is $7,500.

Sim Challenge:
    Create Henry and Evangeline Taylor. Henry is cheerful and Evangeline is self assured, the rest is up to you.

Your deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 15th April, Midnight CMT
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2015
    So are we to just add to the building on the lot? Or can we bulldoze it and build a new one in it's place?

"Workshop space out-side of the main living area" Meaning not connected to house?
    So are we to just add to the building on the lot? Or can we bulldoze it and build a new one in it's place?

"Workshop space out-side of the main living area" Meaning not connected to house?

New house please :D And workshop outside of main living space, either a separate room, or in Henry's room, so that little Evangeline cannot get her hands on the tools. Basically, we don't want it in the living area.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Aww Man one of my fav builds is on that lot guess I'll sit this one out :'(
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    Nhicks wrote: »

You don't ever create new games?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Just save the build and then when your done with this challenge you can put it back.

No still playing my first game

~My showcase thread~

Just save the build and then when your done with this challenge you can put it back.
    That build has tons if moo and retiring. I'm gonna hate having to fix all of that.....
    ~My showcase thread~

No still playing my first game

You can have several games going at once. Simply add a new one and build. Then, when you want to play the other one, click the save button at the top to load game. I have lots of games going at once. I also have a challenge game just for these but I could always start a fresh one if I didn't want to replace an existing house.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thanks @pammiechick !
    ~My showcase thread~
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    You can have several games going at once. Simply add a new one and build. Then, when you want to play the other one, click the save button at the top to load game. I have lots of games going at once. I also have a challenge game just for these but I could always start a fresh one if I didn't want to replace an existing house.

I do the same thing! I have a save named "BnS World" that I use just for all the lots in the challenge rounds I enter. :)

I'm loving this round so far! I found some house plans online that I just adore. Already have the shell down & decorated and interior walls positioned. Now I can take my time with the landscaping and furnishing/decorating the interior. Good luck everyone, and have fun! <3

I sort of do that to. I copy the folder I'm playing and then use a fresh game for challenges.
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 16
    FORUM ID: kezflake
    ORIGIN ID: elsing2000
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: Download from gallery
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 32,993
    TOTAL COST: 34,993

I've tried here to create a warm and inviting, cosy little cottage for Henry and Evie. I've spent as much as the budget will allow on furnishings while trying to think forward about Henry wanting to upgrade things himself as he practices woodworking. The Landscaping is simple and restrained back as much as possible but over time they can build up the areas more themselves. I've extended Henrys safe woodworking room into an area where he can relax more and make the spaces his own with posters and workout equipment as he is still young.

siblings.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yep!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not used

Cheats
    MOO - I think I used it, staying safe and saying yes
    bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    NoCC

I was going to do the sim challenge too but don't know how to get a baby in CAS, not very experienced with actually playing the game! It does make it easier to build to be able to imagine the people living in a place, even makes me want to play the lots I've built!
    Post edited by kezflake on
    Great build but its way over the budget cost.
    Great build but its way over the budget cost.

Thanks @countrykris1play is it because lot prices is not included?

edited April 2015
    The gallery price is at $34,771 + $2,00 for lot = $36,771 budget is $35,000

Also when doing Build-N-Share Challenge's in your upload put #buildnshare #buildnshare16 (challenge number) so it is easier for the judges to find it.
    Post edited by countrykris1play on
    Right so just I need to find the cost of the lot itself ($2,000) and subtract this from the budget to get the figure I have left to work with ($33,000). Budget is $35,000 unless there is some other way I'm working it all out incorrectly.

edited April 2015
    Edit: The gallery price is at $34,771 + $2,00 for lot = $36,771 budget is $35,000 so $1,771 over budget.

Lot cost is always included unless otherwise stated. :)

What I do when building is keep the lot info panel open so I can see my price.
    Makes sense :)

I've got the budget down but I will have to take pics all over again, upload lot and so on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top