Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's the basement tool?

I did the update today but I can't find it?

Comments

• SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    Nevermind, I didn't realise it was as easy as going down a floor
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    glad you figured it out
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2015
    As easy as, or as problematic as -- I vote for the latter. I really dislike this as I like my basements to follow the lines of the house and this makes that if not impossible, a royal pain of counting squares.. However, it's better than no basements.

Redacted. There is a basement carving out tool which makes me very happy. I still do wish we could see the floor above when in the basement, but this is much better than what I thought it was.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    You can "draw" a basement by using the basement tool where you find walls at. It makes it easier to know where you're placing things. (If you're on the base floor, use the basement tool and "carve" out a section and use that as a reference for where you want to place your stairs. After that you can easily expand or destroy the surrounding walls.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    And there it is. Thank you. I did not see it. That makes for making the basement MUCH easier.
  • christinebimm8christinebimm8 Posts: 5 New Member
    THANK YOU!

Ugh I was searching for this elusive basement tool for 45 minutes getting incredibly confused. I was looking on the build menu diagram of the house for it, like it was in The Sims 3. Then I was searching Google and YouTube for some guidance. I read that it was "by the wall tool" and I was staring at the Build Mode house diagram feeling so stupid. When you said it was IN the wall tools, I re-searched and finally found it. I am well on my way to basement making excitement! You guys have made my day :smile:

Thank you fellow Simmers!
  • SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 73 SimGuru
    I'm glad you found the tool (and discovered that you can just move any room below ground to make it a basement).

Also, you can always use the search feature to find things you're looking for in Build Mode. If you search for "basement", it'll give you a list which takes you right to the basement tool. :smile:
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I'm glad you found the tool (and discovered that you can just move any room below ground to make it a basement).

Also, you can always use the search feature to find things you're looking for in Build Mode. If you search for "basement", it'll give you a list which takes you right to the basement tool. :smile:

Awesome. I like shortcuts. :blush:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited March 2015
    @SimGuruHouts - You can move any room *down* to the basement area and make that room part of the basement?!?? Sweet!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube