Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Not Working After Latest Update [March 26th, 2015] [SOLVED]

decembrancedecembrance Posts: 11 New Member
edited March 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
Origin updated TS4 today or Origin itself, I don't know, but now TS4 isn't working. The game loads up, but stops after displaying the maxis logo and then says NOT RESPONDING.

I had updated the game yesterday and had an issue -- but that was quickly resolved. The solution was by disabling TS4 in game and disabling Origin game itself.

Today, I had Googled a fix, and the solution was to use the Origin Beta and update that, which I did. I clicked on Join Beta from Origin, restarted it, and it updated. But still TS4 isn't working.
Post edited by decembrance on

Comments

• huntorie10huntorie10 Posts: 3 New Member
    Same thing happens to me!!!!! :'(
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    That happened to me the first time I updated. Try rebooting your computer see if the game then works

• decembrancedecembrance Posts: 11 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > That happened to me the first time I updated. Try rebooting your computer see if the game then works

Thanks for the advice! I restarted my computer, but still no luck! :c
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    I disabled origin in game and that didn't work at first, I had a Gig of mods and cc that I took out've the folder temporarily and that got me past the logo, but I suspect there's more to it than that. Everything I have worked fine yesterday, some of the cc I created myself even :/
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    do try a fresh set of the sims 4 doc folder so pull your my docuemtns/electronic arts/sims 4 folder to the desktop and try again and are you getting any errors? what is exactly happening when you try the game
    Well, I figured it may have been my Mods, and ironically it was. Though, I don't understand why it was this that caused my problem considering the game worked perfectly yesterday . . . May just be old outdated mods then I guess??

Thanks to all who've helped! I appreciate it very much!

@SugarRave -- Do you mean your game isn't working as well?
  • Hottody069Hottody069 Posts: 4 New Member
    I just did the update as well now I cant load my game! The game loads up, but stops after displaying the maxis logo and then says NOT RESPONDING. What do I do to fix this? Please help! Thank you
  • brinneysimbrinneysim Posts: 6 New Member
    my game loads fine, but now none of my cc is working. just says script failed when you try to load an object, it's even doing it on some vanilla objects as well.
    brinneysim wrote: »
    my game loads fine, but now none of my cc is working. just says script failed when you try to load an object, it's even doing it on some vanilla objects as well.

pull out you mods and install just one CC and try it it maybe an outdated mod interfering
    > @Hottody069 said:
    > I just did the update as well now I cant load my game! The game loads up, but stops after displaying the maxis logo and then says NOT RESPONDING. What do I do to fix this? Please help! Thank you

Do you have any Mods in your game? I did and unfortunately it was that problem. Took out all my mods and now the game works.

Not sure if you tried using Beta version of Origin or disabling Origin in game I would give you the links but I'm a new user lol
    OH GUYS I FOUND IT

Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game :!:

FOUND FROM SIMSVIP simsvip.com/2015/03/26/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-march-26th-2015/
    why do people not do this to begin with :)!!!
    too late i did the update already! so now what?
    Hottody069 wrote: »
    too late i did the update already! so now what?

still pull out mods folder and test
    ok thank you
    i took out my mods folder and it's working now. so my question is this, can i put them back in or do i download them all again? i've never had this problem before and i've used cc and mods since the sims 3.
    edited March 2015
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > why do people not do this to begin with !!!

Lol, i don't know why i even thought of it lol c:
    ok this worked! thank you! hugs
    edited March 2015
    > @brinneysim said:
    > i took out my mods folder and it's working now. so my question is this, can i put them back in or do i download them all again? i've never had this problem before and I've used cc and mods since the sims 3.

Hmm, I don't know, but at the moment I just added 25 of my Mods I had in the game [after taking them all out] and it is working. Going to try the rest now to see if there might be like an outdated or corrupted mod!

[I didn't redownload, btw. Just placed it back in the Mods folder again]
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    brinneysim wrote: »
    i took out my mods folder and it's working now. so my question is this, can i put them back in or do i download them all again? i've never had this problem before and i've used cc and mods since the sims 3.

Put them back in gradually. You can ID which ones aren't working anymore that way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    thanks i'll try that
  • RealBitsyBambiRealBitsyBambi Posts: 111 Member
    I'm about to start the process of figuring out which mods are outdated. Thanks so much! x
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    I don't think it's just mods that broke from this update, when I tried mods alone (I only use two) that didn't make the crash happen. When I started adding my CC back in, that's when things went awry. I think I figured out which stuff does it though, and it's a shame because I really liked those Newsea hairstyles...
    SugarRave wrote: »
    I don't think it's just mods that broke from this update, when I tried mods alone (I only use two) that didn't make the crash happen. When I started adding my CC back in, that's when things went awry. I think I figured out which stuff does it though, and it's a shame because I really liked those Newsea hairstyles...
    for sure if you have any strange game glitches later do pull out mods again and return to mod creator for confirmation of status of mods. some mods dont present their problems right away

as for cc yea :( others are reporting some cc broken as well im suggesting everyone pull all cc/mods and test
  • anikakuanikaku Posts: 7 New Member
    I have just under 400 files of cc. I'm about to start the process of checking which ones are outdated. It's not my fault that origin updated the sims4 automatically and now everything's gone wrong:(