Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Ok, @BryonyRae so I am definitely over budget. Back to the drawing board. :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @Issabella14 - @BryonyRae is correct, the lot cost does have to be included in the budget.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #13 - BEST LAID PLANS

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #12 - WINTER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #14 - OPERATION HOME FRONT

GArBA5W.jpg
    @Issabella14 - @BryonyRae is correct, the lot cost does have to be included in the budget.

Thanks @BuildnShare for verifying the costs. I just don't know if I am going to make it. I am really finding it very difficult to submit my build in the $25k budget. :(
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Yup, im over budget too hmmm LOL is 1 plant considered landscaping LOL maaan :D
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    Nhicks wrote: »
    Yup, im over budget too hmmm LOL is 1 plant considered landscaping LOL maaan :D

I know how you feel @Nhicks. I don't know what to remove or what to leave. The way I have it just looks like bare minimal. I will have to sleep on this decision. :/
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    I'm in the same boat... :/
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #14 - OPERATION HOME FRONT

GArBA5W.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    This is a tough challenge, but I just want to say thank you to @BuildnShare because it's really gotten me inspired and out of the slump I was in. :) I actually wound up with two different configurations, and I've been working on both of them because I'm enjoying the project so much! I'll probably choose one to submit and then complete the other just for fun (and likely over budget!).

For those of us planning on getting GTW, don't forget that there are going to be a lot of new objects in the expansion as well as new features that may let us complete our decorating for less money. My personal strategy is to have my WIP at the point where it is pretty much ready to go minus a few final touches and then wait for the release of GTW. At that point, I'll take a quick look at the new objects, verify some of the new functionality, and then complete the WIP.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    This is a tough challenge, but I just want to say thank you to @BuildnShare because it's really gotten me inspired and out of the slump I was in. :) I actually wound up with two different configurations, and I've been working on both of them because I'm enjoying the project so much! I'll probably choose one to submit and then complete the other just for fun (and likely over budget!).

For those of us planning on getting GTW, don't forget that there are going to be a lot of new objects in the expansion as well as new features that may let us complete our decorating for less money. My personal strategy is to have my WIP at the point where it is pretty much ready to go minus a few final touches and then wait for the release of GTW. At that point, I'll take a quick look at the new objects, verify some of the new functionality, and then complete the WIP.

Excellent idea @BryonyRae, I am dying to see what you have come up with and I am so glad you are out your slump. :) I really admire your builds. <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2015
    I agree, this one certainly is a challenge with the low budget. Thank you @BuildnShare for clarifying about the lot cost, I neglected to account for that when I initially figured out my budget. I'm still not sure my math is right... here is what I'm working with, let me know if it's correct.

The lot I chose cost 2,500. My four, stacked containers cost (with no paint or anything, just drywall) 5,760. So, if I minus 2,500 from the 25,000 budget, that's 22, 500. Add 5,760 to that since the containers are 'free', and I come up with a final budget of 28,260 maximum on my build. Is that right? o.O

EDIT: The total with lot cost though would be 30, 760, right? I think... lol
    @countrykris1play - No, the lot cost is not included in this challenge, we just need to costings to be within budget after the containers are placed.

My understanding from the above was that we do NOT need to add lot cost back into our Gallery $. The only costs we are taking into account is everything we do post container placement. So, for example, my containers as I wound up placing them cost $6240. If I add $25,000 to that, I wind up with a total budget of $31,240. This is what my Gallery amount should not exceed. Correct, @BuildnShare?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @countrykris1play - No, the lot cost is not included in this challenge, we just need to costings to be within budget after the containers are placed.

Okay, so now I'm confused @BuildnShare Do we include the lot cost in our budget or not, because these two quotes seem to contradict each other? Need some clarification before I can finish. Thanks! :)

To clarify matters do NOT include the container costs and do NOT include the lot costs in your budgets. As everyone's containers may be placed differently please be aware that everyone's gallery price may differ slightly.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Okay, cool! :) Thank you so much for the clarification @BuildnShare *Hugs*
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #14 - OPERATION HOME FRONT

GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Well this isn't easy is it...*crazy laugh* I have made 2 builds and I think I like the 2nd better but, I'm not sure (even with all the clarifications) if I am adding this up right! My finished lot is $32,621 before play testing it. When I strategically placed my 4 containers I figured the cost of lot and containers was $7,640 and if the budget and lot are not in the 25k budget that's ok isn't it? *looks slightly stressed* :s hahaha
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @lisa17ann - that is fine!

I am just having a play around now, I have put my containers down and using "testingcheats true", I have lowered my money to $25,000. Let's see what I can come up with!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited March 2015
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    Well this isn't easy is it...*crazy laugh* I have made 2 builds and I think I like the 2nd better but, I'm not sure (even with all the clarifications) if I am adding this up right! My finished lot is $32,621 before play testing it. When I strategically placed my 4 containers I figured the cost of lot and containers was $7,640 and if the budget and lot are not in the 25k budget that's ok isn't it? *looks slightly stressed* :s hahaha

@lisa17ann When in doubt, why not just start a new game and layout your containers on the same lot again? Then save it to your Library - that'll show you the container cost minus lot cost, so that you can then ignore lot cost altogether (since it's not a factor in the Library/Gallery). I did it that way so that I could come back later to take a picture of the containers.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    So I could spend 2k more? :D Hahahaha ok I'll do that thanks! @BryonyRae
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited March 2015
    Now, I'm not entering the challenge, I just wanted to prove to myself that although we set the budget to be tough, that it was definitely doable. If you want to take a look at what I came up with feel free: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/006DB5F4D32A11E4862DD7D937959958?fb_action_ids=10152841341517153&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hello Build-n-Share! Loooooong time no visit! Most of you probably don't remember me, I did a few challenges back in S3 days. I just started building again in 4 and I think I'll try this challenge out! I have yet to catch up on the first 14 challenges (LOL!) except for a brief skim, but I LOVE seeing what people come up with. Looking forward to joining in!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Love to see what you come up with @bouquetcatcher :D
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top