Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April patch.

Comments

• Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I do not want holiday themed content. Christmas and V-day was pretty cool, but please no more. ; u; I'd rather just have none if it's going to be a silly, non-multipurpose hat or a gnome.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • 1423smile1423smile Posts: 118 Member
    I'd want bug fixes & toddlers. Story progression would be nice too. Cars would be kind of pointless though... :/
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I have come to accept no toddlers. I would much rather PETS vs TODDLERS.. or WEATHER vs TODDLERS..

Pets and weather don't come in patches.

Well neither do Toddlers cause they're supposed to be in game anyways, but I'm hoping that tots come soon.

In the case of life stages those will more likely come as a patch due to compatibility issues with the gallery. If not toddlers I half expect to see pre-teens though, maybe there's where we'll see the height difference (taller than a kid because of the growth spurt, but they haven't finished it yet either)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    What do you think we will be getting in April?? I'm really curious, after GTW is released they will be able to focus on the base game again, unless they are announcing a new GP, but i expect it to be announced in May.

There are the things still missing:
    1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

These are the big things, there are other small things missing, but we got at least one big thing each patch. Of course there's the possibility we won't get anything, but that didn't happened so far.
    There's the possibility there will won't be anything new, but we will get CAW, since we also got it after the first EP was released for TS3 (There's also a big petition here on the forums). :)

With the March 31st Patch coming out I"ll be suprised if we get an April Patch since this March one is close to April.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Mm who knows but another thing to add to the list is the ' world expansion' . that description may not be 100 percent but I am referring to sim guru Daniel statement that ' we have plans in the works' around dissatisfaction with lot sizes/ lot availability. What's interesting is that all we hear on toddlers etc is ' we hear you', not 'we have something in the works'. So is it possible that the world thing would be first to come?
    cherpar wrote: »
    Mm who knows but another thing to add to the list is the ' world expansion' . that description may not be 100 percent but I am referring to sim guru Daniel statement that ' we have plans in the works' around dissatisfaction with lot sizes/ lot availability. What's interesting is that all we hear on toddlers etc is ' we hear you', not 'we have something in the works'. So is it possible that the world thing would be first to come?

It wouldn't suprise me if the world editor came first or we get a new bigger world patched in.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I hope we get either toddlers or a world and terrain editor. Although both would be nice.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    @catloverplayer- I really feel that the world editor tool will come out in an expansion pack. From the expansion pack survey they mentioned Town Life with the town editor tool that would allow us to customize everything in our neighborhoods. I'm really hoping that in a near future update we will have the elimination of loading screens between residential lots per neighborhood and the possibility of expanded neighborhoods. It would have been nice if they had gave us 8 lots per neighborhood- 4 on left side of street and 4 on right side of street.

I'm really pushing to see story progression as the next big free update. If their working on toddlers I rather them work as much as they can to flesh out the life stage so it doesn't feel void if they do give them to us in the very near future free update.
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    It seems so far that almost every patch fixes a bug from the previous patch..And then adds a new bug.
    Hopefully broken conversations will be fixed, and cross your fingers, hopefully we won't get another
    Game breaking bug. :/
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    I wish for everything you posted. :) I'm thinking it will be longer for toddlers tho. As didn't they say it takes a year to complete a lifestage with all the animation and all? I believe we will get them back tho as too many want them. (And it is a doable option... not like open worlds or CASt.) I actually started back trying to play the game and found I'm missing story progression. I didn't realize how much I would miss seeing my neighbors coming and going. I would still really love some sort of color wheel but have resigned myself with the fact that I will have to load up on CC. (Spent one entire evening last week just downloading matching CC and more color options for base game items.. what a drag.) I would also love to see the burglar and firemen return. :) It's also just weird how the sims just fade into oblivion to go to work and school. So yeah, cars would be good or even a car pool. Here's hoping we get something good! :D
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    What do you think we will be getting in April?? I'm really curious, after GTW is released they will be able to focus on the base game again, unless they are announcing a new GP, but i expect it to be announced in May.

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

These are the big things, there are other small things missing, but we got at least one big thing each patch. Of course there's the possibility we won't get anything, but that didn't happened so far.
    There's the possibility there will won't be anything new, but we will get CAW, since we also got it after the first EP was released for TS3 (There's also a big petition here on the forums). :)

I'll be shocked if we get any of this. The Sims seems to be slowly dying...and this is so sad for me, since I've been a simmer since the original game in 2000.
    thnom_nom.gif

• knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    It would be nice to get all those things, but I doubt it, they have already released what's coming in the new patch. :(
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited March 2015
    We'll be getting the not at this time patch with some GTW bug fixes woohooo!!!

tumblr_inline_nl145a2xLh1to5mdr.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member

1. Toddlers
    2. Cars
    3. Story Progression
    4. NPCs

I'll be shocked if we get any of this. The Sims seems to be slowly dying...and this is so sad for me, since I've been a simmer since the original game in 2000.

Yep, I agree. I'll eat my socks if we get any of those things.

I think we'll get an egg-shaped gnome. Or a gnome dressed as a bunny.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    PLEASE be dishwashers and NPCs (gardener, burglars/cops, firemen, repairmen, newspaper delivery person)... I don't even care if we get one new NPC a month, but I NEED them in my game!!!
  • mrsnava82mrsnava82 Posts: 664 Member
    Hoping story progression that be nice I miss that
    signature.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    PLEASE be dishwashers and NPCs (gardener, burglars/cops, firemen, repairmen, newspaper delivery person)... I don't even care if we get one new NPC a month, but I NEED them in my game!!!

I can live without the newspaper delivery (the ones I had kept sticking the papers in the bushes and I had to move the bushes out of the way to find the old papers causing the Disgusted moodlet). I'd like to have some sort of Neighborhood News available on the computer or tablet though, along with a way to change names without having to use cas.fulleditmode cheat. In Sims 3 you could do it at the City Hall but since we don't have that in Sims 4, putting it as a "Services" option on the computer would make sense. (Not only do you have people wanting to change their name on marriage, a woman might want to go back to her maiden name after she gets divorced.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

I can live without the newspaper delivery (the ones I had kept sticking the papers in the bushes and I had to move the bushes out of the way to find the old papers causing the Disgusted moodlet). I'd like to have some sort of Neighborhood News available on the computer or tablet though, along with a way to change names without having to use cas.fulleditmode cheat. In Sims 3 you could do it at the City Hall but since we don't have that in Sims 4, putting it as a "Services" option on the computer would make sense. (Not only do you have people wanting to change their name on marriage, a woman might want to go back to her maiden name after she gets divorced.)

I agree with the City Hall stuff.. that would be really useful to bring back. I really enjoyed the newspaper delivery services, actually. Maybe they could make it so you have to opt in to receive the papers, rather than opt out to stop receiving them. I think they can make the newspaper more useful too, and have it work well with the sim traits (athletic sims like the sports section, artistic sims like the arts section, business oriented sims like the business section, goofball sims like the comics section and so forth...this is not a trait yet, but I'm hoping thrifty sims can clip coupons out of the paper as well as print them from the computer). It would be nice if sims could read about sims who have recently died in the obituary section, as well as advertise in the papers.

Speaking of services you can opt in to.... I so wish you can have milk and eggs delivered to your sims' homes!

• WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Yup, that pretty much covers it. :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Toddlers or story progression.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    I have no idea. Since there have been patches that caught me by surprise and other things that would make sense but have been ignored completely, it seems safer to have no expectations until will know for sure where their heads are at in terms of this game's future.
  • sportgal18sportgal18 Posts: 113 Member
    I do not want holiday themed content. Christmas and V-day was pretty cool, but please no more. ; u; I'd rather just have none if it's going to be a silly, non-multipurpose hat or a gnome.

Also, for those of us who are not Christian, Easter content would be a massive disappointment. There were some Hanukkah items in the holiday content pack, which was fine, but there's no way they could appeal to any religion other than Christianity with an Easter pack. And if we get more Luke Skywalker or Yoda content that they've spent time on instead of working on something players clearly want (i.e. toddlers), I'll be furious. What percentage of Simmers actually use that stuff regularly in their game?

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, I think we'll get new bug fixes and possibly the new hairstyles from February (did we already get them? I haven't played since). Nothing big or particularly special. I'd love to have all the things you mentioned though, and it's annoying not to have. However, I think how the Sims hq refuses to really even talk to us about them is the worst, otherwise I don't think I'd quietly grip as much.

The hairstyles are coming in March 31 patch.
    Actually this patch is said to be released later this week, and that there's a tweet up that supports this. :)

• CrownedGDCrownedGD Posts: 73 Member
    > Actually, they may be. Given the issues with the NPCs they already have in the game (ummm, maids, Grim), I can see adding burglers, firemen, and all that being an issue. From setting up the scenarios to having our sims interact with them, the animations involved, additional emotions, I can see this being a severe issue. Someone breaks into your well-decorated house and your sim will smile and not react. Or even worse, if the active sim is flirty, their reaction). That would be bad.

This is true. On another forum page they said they that reactions were a definite problem that they need to work on. So possibly your kid will actually go in the corner and cry when he/she sees their parents fighting with someone. (Like in Sims 2).
    Well next week is the last week of April so a patch might be getting close. The April 13th patch was just a fix up for a few issues. I'm actually hoping for a bigger patch this week or next to fix a lot of issues in GTW.