Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those that are dithering over S4...

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Oh I can understand that - but you have to admire his game sense and his ideas are often zany but fun. I do know even though I have been a long time fan I highly doubt I could ever see myself having Will Wright as a personal friend though. I cannot exactly see myself sitting across the dinner table with this guy - but at the same time i can admire what he has done and created. I do enjoy some of his speeches and most of his interviews - but i sometimes do not agree with a lot of what he says - i can still admire the fact he is not afraid to go places no one else would go. He at least has gumption and is not just talk. But I agree it takes special people to be friends with the likes of Will Wright.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Oh I can understand that - but you have to admire his game sense and his ideas are often zany but fun. I do know even though I have been a long time fan I highly doubt I could ever see myself having Will Wright as a personal friend though. I cannot exactly see myself sitting across the dinner table with this guy - but at the same time i can admire what he has done and created. I do enjoy some of his speeches and most of his interviews - but i sometimes do not agree with a lot of what he says - i can still admire the fact he is not afraid to go places no one else would go. He at least has gumption and is not just talk. But I agree it takes special people to be friends with the likes of Will Wright.

Yup. The same can be said for Philip Rosedale. He's a good guy and always did the right thing when we brought our issues to him, to keep us happy and satisfied when he was still logging in on his known accounts. Well... at least we (myself and my other half) knew of more than his official account. Not many were privy to that info. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
    edited March 2015
    I really can't say anything one way or the other about him other than know his affiliation behind Linden Labs - but i have not played Second Life - even though numerous family members of mine have. I really am not into Virtual worlds and such now a days especially.

Let's just say I get motion sickness without even being in motion in a car, boat or otherwise and it seems to be the worse in virtual world type games. Not fun. I had to give Elder Scrolls up and Never Winter Nights for the same reason. I played them for years - and then all of a sudden I can't any longer. Believe me i was surprised i could play sims 3 because of it - but only had issues with high rises and their sudden drop. I don't play in High Rises needless to say when I play Sims 3.

But even before that became an issue - i really never got into any virtual world technically. I sort of enjoy just playing by myself as far as pc games go.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited March 2015
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Yep can you believe my dad even broke down and took up learning computer itself - took some night courses none of us knew about and bought himself his own first pc at the ripe age of 73. He is even on facebook. Of course he isn't into games but does stay in touch with every body, and now actually respects the various computer related things as well as games even they do now a days. Mom did at least quiet down about it all but she never got into computer or even wanting to. Sadly though now a days mom is off in her own little world and doesn't really know most of us. I do feel blessed though - in the fact she turns 86 April 2 and is otherwise healthy but delicate. Dad is younger, at 81 come Apri 5th and really enjoys his recently upgrade pc - even if he doesn't do much but send pictures and say hi and posts a lot of corny jokes - I can live with that. He is really proud of the kids though.

With my parents it was kind of the opposite. My mother was the one who got the while family into computers. My dad loved to play flight simulation games. I lost my mom in 2005, she was 68. Lost my dad Valentine's Day last year after battling cancer. He was 78. Mother was the elder by 6 months.

Just stay as close as you can and always tell them you love them, even if you just told them that 5 minutes ago. :)

Well not really very easy to do in person for me - my dad does call me when he can get mom on the phone - but the experience is usually a lot of mom asking who I am and me acting like she hadn't forgotten as it always stresses her - we just sort of let her think she hasn't forgotten anything at all. But I am housebound pretty much and cannot travel. My parents are not aware of my health issues other than they know I have had some bad reactions to medication and have issues with immunities and red blood cells. So the most I can do is speak with them on the phone. We live in different states. I have leukemia which is fortunately still in remission but the treatment to get me there - got me here to this point. A case of the cure being worse than the disease I guess. I decided when I was diagnosed with Leukemia my parents were too old to bear that burden. They only have me and a younger brother and they have enough on their plate. So I sort of tow that boat alone. I am just glad i can talk to them still when many people my age has already lost one or both their parents. So I see it as blessed. Don't worry though, I have remarkable friends, a adoring hubby, and great family via my kids that are very supportive. My doctor visits are like group theraphy sometimes. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I really can't say anything one way or the other about him other than know his affiliation behind Linden Labs - but i have not played Second Life - even though numerous family members of mine have. I really am not into Virtual worlds and such now a days especially.

Let's just say I get motion sickness without even being in motion in a car, boat or otherwise and it seems to be the worse in virtual world type games. Not fun. I had to give Ekder Scrolls up and Never Winter Nights for the same reason. I played them for years - and then all of a sudden I can't any longer. Believe me i was surprised i could play sims 3 because of it - but only had issues with high rises and their sudden drop. I don't play in High Rises needless to say when I play Sims 3.

But even before that became an issue - i really never got into any virtual world technically. I sort of enjoy just playing by myself as far as pc games go.

I hear ya. Most of my time in SL was spent building or giving viewer support. I did roleplay some.

I'm not sure Wright is still with LL. He's not listed on the board of directors. According to his LinkedIn page he is CEO of Syntertainment . So I'd have to say he isn't with LL anymore. He's moved on again.

Sorry you're having health issues. I know how surprising it can be. I woke up one morning last year with excruciating pain in my left shoulder and about 99% loss of movement. Adhesive capsulitis aka frozen shoulder. They prescribed anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxer and physical therapy. Didn't help just caused more pain and I quit the prescriptions after 2 weeks of not being able to function. I found something better that not only works but helped me to recover much faster. Professional massage and acupressure. Very painful at first but now almost all pain is gone and I have regained about 85% movement in about 6 months vs 1 to 3 years.

Hope you can find something that will work for you. :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2015
    ejoslin wrote: »
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, haven't seen you in a long time @DecafHigh

I am concerned about performance as EPs land :\

/waves ;)

Seen the new EP was do to drop soon and started checking out the game again to see if they've remedied any of the major issues and kinda caught my itch for some sims again. Of course I loaded up TS3 to scratch it, but all the forum action is on the TS4 section.

Performance is definitely a concern, especially as more hours are put into a particular save game. Load times and stuttering seem to increase fairly rapidly the longer you go with a single play through. Again, something their "strong foundation" failed to address.

I've seen people post about issues like yours. Many do not have those issues (like myself). I'm wondering if starting a thread (preferably not me) where we can post and compare our computers specs (CPU, GPU, GPU driver with date of last update, OS and RAM) would help us to locate the cause(s). One thing I do know is while keeping your GPU driver up to date is extremely important, sometimes drivers are the cause of the problem and need to be rolled back to a previous version.

One of the most prevalent issues with running Second Life and using a third party client are driver issues. I know this to be fact as I spend more than 5 years in SL doing viewer (client) support for Emerald, then Phoenix and Firestorm.

I have those issues. I have made threads both here and Answer HQ. Answer HQ netted me "I have no clue." And I've spoken with many people who have those issues, and surprisingly, everyone I've spoken with who has these issues have higher end machines.

I've encountered it on my desktop (i7, 16GB RAM, 760gtx, SSD, Windows 7 64) and my laptop (i5, 12GB RAM, dual 650m, mSSD, Windows 8 64). Both of them, on older saves, start getting obnoxiously long loading screens to the point where it's gamebreaking for me.

If we're going to do comparisons we really need to do it in another thread probably located best in Tech support. But for the record:

Windows 8.1 64bit
    AMD FX 8300 8core 3.3GHz
    12 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon R9
    driver date 9/15/15
    driver version 14.301.1001.0

Granted, I received TS4 as a Christmas gift and of course installed it from disc so I had all updates prior to Dec 25th from the beginning as well as the ones released after Dec 25th. Which reminds me of something else. Sometimes updates can and do get corrupted during download and/or installation which obviously can cause issues. The corruption isn't something anyone has control over. Sometimes packets get garbled in transmission and the only solution is to uninstall, download and install a fresh copy.

ETA: Yes, this is a desktop. I don't use anything else for my gaming. :)

My point was, I have two higher end systems, though not top of the top, yet I'm getting those issues. Maybe it's an Intel thing. Maybe it's an nVidia thing. Maybe it's some other thing. But what it is not is a slow-old-weak computer thing.

I wasn't trying to brag about my system; it's just a source of frustration when I'm told that it must be because of my machine when both my desktop and my laptop exceed the recommended system.

I don't like gaming on a laptop, and I use my desktop at home, but there are times I can't be at home so it's nice having some gaming. And really, even my laptop runs Skyrim at ultra settings with ENB and gets reasonable framerates. My desktop giggles at Skyrim with ENB. Yet Sims 4, on older saves, stuttering and long long loading screens.

I'll add this, on a fresh save, and probably for the first 30 hours, I have fast loading screens. It's only as the saves get older that it starts to be an issue, which makes me think it's the way the save games are handled.

You could very well be right. Perhaps the reason I'm not having the long load issue is because I remove old saves and only use Save as, occasionally giving the new save a new name, even if it is just adding a number to the end of the name. I've also gone to getting rid of all the "games" I had saved with nothing but builds in them and reducing them to just one or two "Build" games. Once I fill up all the lots with builds and have blogged them and uploaded them then I bulldoze all the lots and start over. Not that I fill up all the lots then blog and upload. lol I just don't bulldoze until all the lots are full.

As for actual saved games, I don't keep them for more than a month. If they are a month old chances of me ever going back to that point are slim to none so I remove them, unless of course it's a sim or family that I haven't played in that amount of time because I've been doing other things. For example, I have a sim that I made and played her, then I built a house for her, saved that as a new game. Later on I got her hitched and saved that as a new game. So three games in total. Since it is highly unlikely that I will ever want (or need) to go back to the point where I built the first house for her, I removed that save. That leaves me with the 2 saves of when she got hitched named Brave Bird 1 and Brave Bird 2. When Brave Bird 1 is a month old I remove it and have Brave Bird 2 and Brave Bird 3. And so on and so forth. I do it this way just in case something happens to corrupt one of the games and I am unable to recover it, I still have a save I can use even if I have to do some things all over again. I see that as being better than having to start completely over or scrapping that sim for good.

Yeah, I always do "save as" and clear out older saves. I guess the solution for me is to, every once in awhile, bite the bullet, lose the family relationships, and start my families in a new save. I really wouldn't hesitate if I could do this without losing the family ties. But since I do, I lose interest as I know that after awhile, the game gets unplayable so I'll need to start a new one.

It's frustrating, though. Really, everyone I talk to who has this problem have intel i5s or i7s, but it's not a big enough sample to draw anything meaningful.

DecafHigh wrote: »
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, haven't seen you in a long time @DecafHigh

I am concerned about performance as EPs land :\

/waves ;)

Seen the new EP was do to drop soon and started checking out the game again to see if they've remedied any of the major issues and kinda caught my itch for some sims again. Of course I loaded up TS3 to scratch it, but all the forum action is on the TS4 section.

Performance is definitely a concern, especially as more hours are put into a particular save game. Load times and stuttering seem to increase fairly rapidly the longer you go with a single play through. Again, something their "strong foundation" failed to address.

I've seen people post about issues like yours. Many do not have those issues (like myself). I'm wondering if starting a thread (preferably not me) where we can post and compare our computers specs (CPU, GPU, GPU driver with date of last update, OS and RAM) would help us to locate the cause(s). One thing I do know is while keeping your GPU driver up to date is extremely important, sometimes drivers are the cause of the problem and need to be rolled back to a previous version.

One of the most prevalent issues with running Second Life and using a third party client are driver issues. I know this to be fact as I spend more than 5 years in SL doing viewer (client) support for Emerald, then Phoenix and Firestorm.

I have those issues. I have made threads both here and Answer HQ. Answer HQ netted me "I have no clue." And I've spoken with many people who have those issues, and surprisingly, everyone I've spoken with who has these issues have higher end machines.

I've encountered it on my desktop (i7, 16GB RAM, 760gtx, SSD, Windows 7 64) and my laptop (i5, 12GB RAM, dual 650m, mSSD, Windows 8 64). Both of them, on older saves, start getting obnoxiously long loading screens to the point where it's gamebreaking for me.

If we're going to do comparisons we really need to do it in another thread probably located best in Tech support. But for the record:

Windows 8.1 64bit
    AMD FX 8300 8core 3.3GHz
    12 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon R9
    driver date 9/15/15
    driver version 14.301.1001.0

Granted, I received TS4 as a Christmas gift and of course installed it from disc so I had all updates prior to Dec 25th from the beginning as well as the ones released after Dec 25th. Which reminds me of something else. Sometimes updates can and do get corrupted during download and/or installation which obviously can cause issues. The corruption isn't something anyone has control over. Sometimes packets get garbled in transmission and the only solution is to uninstall, download and install a fresh copy.

ETA: Yes, this is a desktop. I don't use anything else for my gaming. :)

My point was, I have two higher end systems, though not top of the top, yet I'm getting those issues. Maybe it's an Intel thing. Maybe it's an nVidia thing. Maybe it's some other thing. But what it is not is a slow-old-weak computer thing.

I wasn't trying to brag about my system; it's just a source of frustration when I'm told that it must be because of my machine when both my desktop and my laptop exceed the recommended system.

I don't like gaming on a laptop, and I use my desktop at home, but there are times I can't be at home so it's nice having some gaming. And really, even my laptop runs Skyrim at ultra settings with ENB and gets reasonable framerates. My desktop giggles at Skyrim with ENB. Yet Sims 4, on older saves, stuttering and long long loading screens.

I'll add this, on a fresh save, and probably for the first 30 hours, I have fast loading screens. It's only as the saves get older that it starts to be an issue, which makes me think it's the way the save games are handled.

You could very well be right. Perhaps the reason I'm not having the long load issue is because I remove old saves and only use Save as, occasionally giving the new save a new name, even if it is just adding a number to the end of the name. I've also gone to getting rid of all the "games" I had saved with nothing but builds in them and reducing them to just one or two "Build" games. Once I fill up all the lots with builds and have blogged them and uploaded them then I bulldoze all the lots and start over. Not that I fill up all the lots then blog and upload. lol I just don't bulldoze until all the lots are full.

As for actual saved games, I don't keep them for more than a month. If they are a month old chances of me ever going back to that point are slim to none so I remove them, unless of course it's a sim or family that I haven't played in that amount of time because I've been doing other things. For example, I have a sim that I made and played her, then I built a house for her, saved that as a new game. Later on I got her hitched and saved that as a new game. So three games in total. Since it is highly unlikely that I will ever want (or need) to go back to the point where I built the first house for her, I removed that save. That leaves me with the 2 saves of when she got hitched named Brave Bird 1 and Brave Bird 2. When Brave Bird 1 is a month old I remove it and have Brave Bird 2 and Brave Bird 3. And so on and so forth. I do it this way just in case something happens to corrupt one of the games and I am unable to recover it, I still have a save I can use even if I have to do some things all over again. I see that as being better than having to start completely over or scrapping that sim for good.

Yeah, I always do "save as" and clear out older saves. I guess the solution for me is to, every once in awhile, bite the bullet, lose the family relationships, and start my families in a new save. I really wouldn't hesitate if I could do this without losing the family ties. But since I do, I lose interest as I know that after awhile, the game gets unplayable so I'll need to start a new one.

It's frustrating, though. Really, everyone I talk to who has this problem have intel i5s or i7s, but it's not a big enough sample to draw anything meaningful.

I must have missed something. Why would you lose family ties simply by saving your game with a new name? You aren't changing anything except for the name of the save. And you really aren't even changing that. Just saving the game under a different name.

My other half used to work for Intel right here where Intel got it's start near Portland OR, which is why we avoid Intel whenever possible. So you might be on to something there.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    It's really quite strange actually because I remember getting TS3 base game on the day it came out and loving it but at the same time wishing there was more to it. Now I have every EP and can't tear myself away to invest in TS4. I truly think that without any EPs I'm at a loss to enjoy it, but at the same time, it has to be the open world that makes me adore TS3 and dislike Ts4.

I just can't seem to find a point that makes me sit and play TS4 for hours on end, but I still play TS3 from dawn til dusk like the true addict I am! But I think it's a shame because TS3 has ended and it's not going to develop any further :(
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    It's really quite strange actually because I remember getting TS3 base game on the day it came out and loving it but at the same time wishing there was more to it. Now I have every EP and can't tear myself away to invest in TS4. I truly think that without any EPs I'm at a loss to enjoy it, but at the same time, it has to be the open world that makes me adore TS3 and dislike Ts4.

I just can't seem to find a point that makes me sit and play TS4 for hours on end, but I still play TS3 from dawn til dusk like the true addict I am! But I think it's a shame because TS3 has ended and it's not going to develop any further :(
    I can't pinpoint why but for me it's the same. When I start playing Sims 3 it's as if everything around me disappears. It's just me and the game. And I really think that open world has a lot to do with that. The feeling I slipped from one world into another.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bdoebdoe Posts: 53 Member
    > @Zolt65 said:

> Did you ever play those SSI Dungeons and Dragon games? At the time the graphics were SO ADVANCED. Looking back, its like
    >
    > For those too young to remember

Oh, now that brings back memories!

My own take on TS3 vs TS4: I have TS3 and many of its EPs and SPs. It just felt too bizarre compared to TS2, and I never really got into it. Looking back, yeah, it was quite a waste of money buying all of the expansions when I never got into the base game. Maybe I was just hoping that something would bring back the magic that TS2 had. On top of that, around the time I got TS3, I also got really into running Linux. TS3 ran on Linux, but with issues. That pretty much sealed TS3's fate for me.

I bought TS4 about a month ago. I haven't tried running it on Linux, choosing instead to step out of my preferred environment to give it a try. I miss the toddler life stage, and I miss the University EPs that made the Young Adult life stage meaningful, but overall, I haven't been disappointed with TS4. I've enjoyed playing it so much over the past month that I haven't really been in Linux at all lately. For a game to cause me to all but abandon my preferred operating environment like that is quite a statement for me.

I only hope that TS4 comes out with a University EP very soon.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    As far as I'm concerned, TS4 has a long way to go until it has the level of detail and content that TS2 and TS3 had, but they've made some subtle changes that I really like that weren't in TS3 (little things like being able to drag & drop dishes to the sink and that option to put books away are an amazing start, I ranted so hard about those and everybody else thought "eh, s'not that important). Now that we're getting basements (even if we don't get like 4 sub basements) it's definitely a push in the right direction for me as a builder, and while there aren't as many clutter items they do have some that I really like. They even have clothing styles that I really like, but were rare in TS3 until the later eps (promotional stuff aside), and I didn't know how to make CC then...

I still can't say I like it better than TS3 or TS2, but it's finally starting to show signs of going in a direction I might like.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited March 2015
    Susiechan wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    LOL good luck with that. CitySimulators are cheap to build. Life Simulators? Nope.
    Paradox Interactive would end up making a very basic Life Simulator with how much it costs, unless Cities Skylines sold like 10 million.

You keep saying this as if you know what you are talking about. How did you know that it's cheap to create city simulator game ? How did you know that they don't have money to create a life simulation game that it will end up as a very basic one ? If, just say, 50% TS fans cross over to Paradox, TS4 is already in trouble, you alone won't be able to save this game.

Just say that what you are saying is right. 10 million copies eh ? I may not rich, but I would like to help Paradox to make that happens by buying all their games that I can afford.
    I know right. That comment doesn't really make much sense. Some people seem afraid of The Sims failing and it seems like they they want to discourage any idea of the Sims getting any competition whatsoever. For what they have done to the Sims 4, I have no problem with this series ending. It's time folks realized that the Sims series have lost their touch and that we need a fresh of breath air from another developer. I stand by Paradox Interactive 100% to lead us towards that.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    edited March 2015
    It's an EA Origin partner so I don't think EA will care - if you want the truth about it. Look it up - it's on their Origin partners list.

Here is a couple of their games - https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/paradox-interactive

Also Paradox says they like making games as far as development goes - but they want no part of publishing and distributing when they were questioned about another game company they were partnering with - they had the following to say: (that game in fact is actually on Origin as see above.
    Paradox Interactive has announced a partnership deal with developer Obsidian Entertainment to distribute crowd-funded role-playing game Pillars of Eternity.

"Ultimately we're a developer, and I worked for a publisher for 12 years, and there are certain things I just don't want to have anything to do with, as it relates to distributing games. I don't want to have a warehouse, I don't want to build up a customer service department. We'll totally support our game online and in forums, but I don't want to have to figure out how to get something where people can call in and ask about the game. [...] There's these things, these legitimate things, that publishers provide and we just don't ever want to do.

It made clear that Obsidian still owns the Pillars of Eternity IP and was absolutely in charge of development. Crucially, "The partnership has no influence over our projected launch date," Obsidian wrote

"By handing off duties not related to development, Obsidian can focus on making the game that much better. We truly believe this is for the good of the game and, by extension, for the good of the community," the FAQ added.

the entire article can be found here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-18-paradox-publishing-pillars-of-eternity-obsidians-explanation

Ironically I saw a forum over at Paradox - it's a forum for City Lines and they called it - Paradox/EA... I thought that was a bit odd though.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

*sighs and scratches another one off her list* :|
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Nooo, Paradox was my beacon of light :disappointed:
  • RealmOfAJAXRealmOfAJAX Posts: 87 Member
    [quote="Jimil;13433865"]Yeah uhh until they make a [b][i]Katy Perry[/i][/b] 3-EP bundle, I wouldn't spend a cent for this game..[/quote]

Did Katy Perry come with it? Or was it all cupcakes and Popsicles?
    Origin: RealmOfAJAX
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

Pillars of Eternity is gonna be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING though.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    It's an EA Origin partner so I don't think EA will care - if you want the truth about it. Look it up - it's on their Origin partners list.
    Should I be worried that they are a Origin partner? I mean they don't even have City Skylines on there. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.... the big deal is when EA buys out Paradox. :o
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • bdoebdoe Posts: 53 Member
    > @EasyToRead said:
    >the big deal is when EA buys out Paradox.

Once a developer gets into bed with EA, that's the inevitable result sooner or later.
    bdoe wrote: »
    > @EasyToRead said:

Once a developer gets into bed with EA, that's the inevitable result sooner or later.
    Buzz-Lightyear-Free-Falling-Nooooo-Reaction-Gif-In-Toy-Story-2.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
    edited March 2015
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Should I be worried that they are a Origin partner? I mean they don't even have City Skylines on there. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me.... the big deal is when EA buys out Paradox. :o

Personally i would give them a shot. No matter what they are they are a team of different Developers and what's more they are already wise about what doesn't work and how we feel about it all. I'd say try it if it looks good. The good thing is with them being an EA partner EA won't go ballistics like it did on Zygna and get everything removed. They should allow it with no bull. So the most you have to lose is the cost of the game.

Think about it - is it possible to be any worse? All I know every review I have looked into on the few games I have looked at on their site are all good. City Lines is getting amazing reviews.

ETA - Also what I meant by that - is not as a worry - but most likely EA gets a cut with none of the work or investment - if you know what I mean. For EA it is a win-win more than anything - not so much for their Maxis division especially if they do make a Sims type game too, but no matter what EA gets a bit of a win out of it all.

In dreams - I LIVE!

LaAbby wrote: »

Pillars of Eternity is gonna be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING though.

Yes - one of my sons is eager to try that one. He though already has a couple of games from Paradox and says a lot of good things about them. i trust what he says seeing he knows programming.

In dreams - I LIVE!

bdoe wrote: »
    > @EasyToRead said:

Bdoe - the guy that owns the company makes it clear he does not want to get into publishing - that he wants his company only making the games. It is a company full of developers - so it is not as if their only partner is EA . They find a game they want to do better than someone else - it makes sense to partner with the maker of the game so you get the ability to make the game with none of the hassels somebody would get that is a total outsider. I think they are smart, and innovative like smart and innovative should be.

If they are as smart as i think they will have lots of partners eventually - EA cannot buy everybody. Lord i hope not anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

EasyToRead wrote: »

Personally i would give them a shot. No matter what they are they are a team of different Developers and what's more they are already wise about what doesn't work and how we feel about it all. I'd say try it if it looks good. The good thing is with them being an EA partner EA won't go ballistics like it did on Zygna and get everything removed. They should allow it with no bull. So the most you have to lose is the cost of the game.

Think about it - is it possible to be any worse? All I know every review I have looked into on the few games I have looked at on their site are all good. City Lines is getting amazing reviews.
    I know they can make better games than EA. Amazing developer. The most I have to lose is the cost of the game? That's a big deal! One of the biggest upsides for me was not being milked to death by EA's grubby hands. I'm sure they won't go down that path..... :s
    hEFcp6z.gif
    edited March 2015
    Well - I suggest going to their forum - in fact the one listed as Paradox/EA - as there are a few grumblers about them not becoming another EA - i guess over planned content. i did not read the whole thing - but you might want to check that out. Google - Paradox/EA and you should link right to it.

Actually I still have it on another window -

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?494051-Paradox-EA

Most of the users seemed ecstatic with their games though.

In dreams - I LIVE!