The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could Toddlers Surprise Us In March?

Comments

• Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if I'm getting the games confused or not, but if memory serves me correctly The Sims2 didn't start with toddlers right of the bat. Even though Ea developers said the same thing of how difficult it would be, they still added toddlers. The sims 4 is suppose to be easier with much better engine and technology. So I still believe they will add toddlers when they have the desire to, especially because Ea will never say No to money.

All games have had toddlers from the start except Sims 1 and Sims 4.
    Sims 1 only had children and adult lifestages + you could get a baby that never grew up lol
    And Sims 4 we'll have to see, I hope we'll get them.

I think you might have mixed toddlers with young adults in The Sims 2, because they added the young adult stage in The Sims 2 University (tho you only could play that stage if you went to university and it's pretty much a copy paste adult = easier to program compared to a whole new lifestage)

Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    SimsTias wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here:

B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

And they already have toddlers in the game code. So the possibilty is there.

When was that tweeted?

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    siminsc wrote: »

B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

When was that tweeted?

It's not a tweet. It's a post from the forums here. The date stamp on the top says Feb 6th.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Don't get your hopes up people. Youll be disappointed.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member

B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

Well you got me excited. If toddlers were to be put in I would be so excited. There is so much room for sims 4 to grow and it will. These secrety secrets make me so... Bleeeerf!!!

But if they add in toddlers I can stop having my real life angry poops ;-]
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I doubt it. EA doesn't care about family players.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

Eh. As much as I would love it to be a toddlers update; I have a feeling that... it's something to do with Valentine's Day as Next Friday is the 13th and Saturday is Valentine's Day.. and well. x_x Correct me if I am wrong, please... I don't think it's already in the game(?), but sounds like the heart bed *could* make a return. That's just what I am *getting* from that.. but then again.. Family trees surprised me. EA was completely hush about that update, though I know they said they weren't going to be announcing updates anymore, but still.

I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up, but I also don't see why or how they would give us two updates in February. The only thing and that would be really cool; is if it were because of the 15th Anniversary, that they would be making an exception.. and while I know they said we'd be celebrating through out February... or something like that, but wasn't the 4th the Anniversary, so wouldn't that mean that we would have got the "big" update on that day to celebrate? I don't know. :/ Just trying to keep from getting excited/or from being disappointed. =(.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member

B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

woohoo skill?
    I know they said there won't be such a skill, but they said the same with ghosts and they were one of the first patches :)
  • Options
    LiodannaLiodanna Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Having toddlers or not doesn't bother me in the slightest, they were irritating as h*ll in Sims 3 and I used to give them the bare minimum life stage to get them to age into child stage asap.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    Anything is possible, though I'm inclined to think it won't happen as a patch. I suspect that if toddlers or any other lifestage were to come, it would be as part of an EP we pay for. Though at one time I believed we'd have to pay for pools in an EP and we received them for free in an update. So who knows? I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get them in a patch, but I don't mind an EP as long as it's at a fair price. We've had life stages added in with other game versions, so I'm not going to say that we will never get toddlers until they tell us otherwise.

Actually the way ea makes eps - I can't see the toddlers working right as EA makes EPs work with just the base game - and in that case there would be a lot more issues with coming eps like we had with Sims 3. They absolutely need them patched to the base, period, so there is no issues with subsequent eps seeing not everyone buys all eps and if they just patched them to the base from the ep - - following eps could be real trouble.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I doubt toddlers would come back as a regular update, I think they would bring them back in a expansion pack
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think all their surprises are over. I'm not expecting anything else.

Actually a Guru said there would be more patches and surprises to come in the months ahead - so they are not yet done with surprises in the base game patching. They announced that back in mid January.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Liodanna wrote: »
    Having toddlers or not doesn't bother me in the slightest, they were irritating as h*ll in Sims 3 and I used to give them the bare minimum life stage to get them to age into child stage asap.

I'm right there with you. I'm not so keen on their return either, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    i see this as a Compromise Toddlers would be a EP patch like sims 3 seasons Patch added Diving boards to the base game.
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    not a chance; there is too much work to code responses with toddlers and all other age groups.

When we are told a real bear is too much work, why would you think an actual life stage would be possible?

You are right :open_mouth: adding a real toddler would be nearly impossible! All the forms to fill in, permission from parents and perhaps even the government! Plus it would be really unethical. However, if it would be allowed, there's still the trouble of creating a portal into the virtual world and slightly dangerous as time is completely uncontrollable and the toddlers lifespan would alter from that of real life.
    A nearly impossible task and definitely too much work!

wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    i see this as a Compromise Toddlers would be a EP patch like sims 3 seasons Patch added Diving boards to the base game.

Oh, on that note. Create a world tool would be very nice as well. :) I´d trade toddlers for that in a heartbeat o:)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    CokeandaltrockCokeandaltrock Posts: 70 Member
    Maybe. Anythings possible.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I think all their surprises are over. I'm not expecting anything else.

Actually a Guru said there would be more patches and surprises to come in the months ahead - so they are not yet done with surprises in the base game patching. They announced that back in mid January.

This is true, they have said more patches were coming, we only got one this year with free content, I hope the next patches include toddlers, maybe carpools?, NPC's and the last name change (which btw in the dev tuesday thing, they said they are working on :) )
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I really don't see toddlers happening in the sims 4. Some people think they can just be patched in like pools but it would take more than that for them to work as a life stage. I just don't see EA doing this.
    It is only a matter of preferences. They can choose to make a lot of interactions and objects for pets. Or they can choose to make a lot of interactions, clothes and toys for toddlers. Then they only has to consider which EP that will get to highest sales numbers?

But there is no chance that they will give us pets or toddlers for free.

So should they make a Generations EP with toddlers? Or should they make a Pets EP? What would people like to buy?

I love toddlers more than animals.
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member

B9PW7ddIYAArAIU.png

Family trees, woohoo?
    Toddlers anyone???

I wish I could woohoo 1 million times a day :(
    As for toddlers, I highly doubt it. If they do plan to add them I wouldn't even expect to see them until fall, or even this upcoming winter.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Anything is possible, though I'm inclined to think it won't happen as a patch. I suspect that if toddlers or any other lifestage were to come, it would be as part of an EP we pay for. Though at one time I believed we'd have to pay for pools in an EP and we received them for free in an update. So who knows? I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get them in a patch, but I don't mind an EP as long as it's at a fair price. We've had life stages added in with other game versions, so I'm not going to say that we will never get toddlers until they tell us otherwise.

Actually the way ea makes eps - I can't see the toddlers working right as EA makes EPs work with just the base game - and in that case there would be a lot more issues with coming eps like we had with Sims 3. They absolutely need them patched to the base, period, so there is no issues with subsequent eps seeing not everyone buys all eps and if they just patched them to the base from the ep - - following eps could be real trouble.

Agreed.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Not a chance.
    giphy.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love toddlers to be patched in so I could have alien toddlers again. Basically the decision regarding toddlers will determine my interest in this iteration of the series or not. Something I wish were put in an EP after the toddlers are hopefully patched in are strollers and toy making machine and sandbox and tricycle and other fun toys and activities. I really hope toddlers can play with bugs, toilets, hug each other, and eventually interact with pets again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    If toddlers are going to be added to this game at all, it would be better to add them in a patch with minimal interactions so that there would be a reason for players to buy a generations type expansion pack that would give them more to do.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!