Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive patch? Where?

The most massive thing about the 12/16 patch is the disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    What exactly were you hoping or expecting to see with this patch?
    Do you know everything which was included in this patch?
  • Options
    SaelleaSaellea Posts: 64 Member

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

• Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    Actually, the patch adressed quite a lot of issues. I can remove a lot of my mods now.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Actually, the patch adressed quite a lot of issues. I can remove a lot of my mods now.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Saellea wrote: »

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

Yes, I know what was included in the patch, I was wondering if you did.
    What were you hoping to see or expecting to see in this patch that it failed to provide?
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Well then, you are disappointed but I am rather happy with the patch. IMO it has several things that were musthaves like seeing the needs bar when at work or showing the age in the sims head panel and MOO and many others
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I was actually pleasantly surprised with how much was included.
  • Options
    I expected more content. The majority of this patch was fixes, which is good, but they hyped it up as a lot of additional content.
  • Options
    There were a lot of fixes, those are nice. I guess I wasn't expecting much in the way of content. I honestly didn't have a lot of expectation for the patch overall so it was easy to meet and exceed my personal expectations for this patch. I knew there'd be a few Holiday things, I figured on less than there actually were. I knew MOO would be in there but not all the other nice fixes. I knew there would be careers and a few things for that, a few deco items is what I expected. I didn't expect a whole stuff pack worth of items, just a few. It is just a patch, after all. Maybe by content they didn't specifically mean buy mode objects, but the entirety of the stuff included in the patch, which overall I found quite satisfactory.

• Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    Just commented on another thread that this patch mostly corrected problems.

Nice to see Sims can eat what they harvest & MOO is available, but I wouldn't call it 'massive'. Correcting previous problems & knowing new problems will occur is not exciting for me. It seems a patch to fix a patch & so on & so on is what we can expect.

Too bad bed assignments & locked doors/gates was overlooked again.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I expected more content. The majority of this patch was fixes, which is good, but they hyped it up as a lot of additional content.

But they never said it'd contain a lot of content, though. That was just people making assumptions and spreading rumors. All that was said was that it was a massive patch, which it was in comparison to the other patches.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

But they never said it'd contain a lot of content, though. That was just people making assumptions and spreading rumors. All that was said was that it was a massive patch, which it was in comparison to the other patches.

^^This

I was pleasantly surprised when reading the patch notes. There are a lot of little things along with the careers and Christmas items that make this a really great patch.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited December 2014
    Huh. I was very pleased with this patch. I didn't expect a lot of the things we got and I was very happy with all the fixes. Now if we could just have the issue fixed where they revert to outfit 1 whenever they change lots (even though it still says they are in whatever outfit they were in previously).
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

They actually made it clear we'd get two carreers and Christmas content.

The patch is massive because it fixes dozens and dozens of issues.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I haven't opened my game yet but from what I've seen this patch is indeed quite massive and tweaked rather a few issues people were having. It's obvious they do listen.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Hmmm... Wonder how I got the idea that they were adding content and not just repairing things that should have been fixed long ago?
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Oh yeah. It doesn't hav toddlers, so the patch was bad. /sarcasm
    I can imagine a patch which literally ONLY adds toddlers, everyone will be like "omg. It's a massive patch... Biggest patch by EA".
    Yeah, no that isn't how it works.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Persefone123Persefone123 Posts: 111 Member
    I liked many changes that were made and I give Maxis credit for trying to improve the game. Of course the ideal situation was to release TS4 only when ready but... what's done is done. At least they're working on their game.

Anyway, I'm not sure I like some of the changes in the writer career... I liked the challenge to make my writer read a book every day. Sometimes I wouldn't succeed but it would make me plan the next day a little better so he would achieve that goal. Now this is gone. I'm not sure if it's good or bad... maybe good in some aspects, but I have to say: Maxis, PLEASE don't dumb down The Sims 4. Making it too easy = making it easily tedious.
    Also: isn't there a way to make time pass a little bit slower? So when Sims are having a good time they (and I) could enjoy it more? And please: I miss going to work in a car. I was hoping it could be back with this patch, but at least I hope it will come back with the first expansion.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited December 2014
    I love MOO and the 0/9 feature in this patch you can virtualy move objects any where now with this up and down feature. The patch has exceeded my expectations

edited for spelling
  • Options
    cyanidebabycyanidebaby Posts: 133 Member
    I think some people think these patches should be like EPs :smile:
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    I was pleasantly surprised with the patch. I was only expecting two new careers and maybe some unnoticeable tweaks and fixes. Instead we got two new careers each with two separate branches, holiday decor, an updated UI, the age indicator, vacation days for work AND school, family leave for both parents when a new baby is born, more attainable objectives for work and school performance, holiday music, as well as several fixes and tweaks that were much needed for both live and build mode.

Oh, and did I mention this was all free? I can't imagine anyone being disappointed!
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    lajones808lajones808 Posts: 2 New Member
    It's easy to be pleased with these free CC updates when your expectations are already low, which mine have been since the game first came out. Most of these updates are just fixing problems and adding things they should have done in the first place. I feel like they really dropped the ball with this game.
  • Options
    lajones808lajones808 Posts: 2 New Member
    And low and behold! A new glitch right after I downloaded the new update! I'm so frustrated with this game. I've never had this many problems with ANY other game, Sims or otherwise. Disappointed to the MAX!
  • Options
    DazleneDazlene Posts: 163 Member
    I think some people think these patches should be like EPs :smile:

OMG u can say that again like really lol when i think of "patch" i think of "fix" like patch up the hole or aka glitches lol but obviously others think of give me give me give me, and yes i feel there was ALOT done in the patch compared to others when we were told we were just getting new careers not only that but yet another successful attempt to "tell" or show us that they r listening and its so sad to see so many ungrateful ppl and most r the ones who were crying about the mess in the first place a simple thank u would b fine lol to the ones putting in work to give us things 4 FREE

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm still waiting on family trees and toddlers and I read over all the patch changes. I'm glad some of it was written in humor and I was unaware with some of the bugs that were fixed. I'm content with the patch. I hope to see future patches for the game before the release of the first EP just so all the EPs run smoother. Maternity leave and being able to eat fruits and veggies were very welcomed features. I'm happy that my Sims can choose business and athletic careers again too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller