Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play Sims 3 for the first time since Sims 4 release

Comments

• Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    I tried - but couldn't play sims 3 after i've seen how smooth and plesant sims 4 is
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Jazzy6897 wrote: »
    I uninstalled TS3 long before the release of The Sims 4, and I haven't reinstalled it yet. It was too laggy. It made my PC run slow. The more expansions I added, the more slower and laggier things would get. And besides those issues, TS3 just didn't feel right. The Sims didn't feel alive, the worlds felt empty, and I feel like the game itself wasn't really about the Sims. I felt it was more about creativity, which is good for this series, but, that creativity didn't really go towards the Sims themselves, it went more towards the furniture and clothing and stuff like that. I didn't feel The Sims 3 was about the Sims. That's just my opinion, though.

But, don't get me wrong, I like The Sims 3. I like a lot of it's features, but some features just didn't work. The issues I stated above are what caused me to uninstall it. And unfortunately, I don't see myself reinstalling it any time soon. :(

I love The Sims 4. I feel like they're bringing the game back to its roots. It's becoming more about the sims now, which is great! The emotions are great examples of that, as well as CAS. In CAS, there's so much creativity going on! The creativity there is now more focused on the Sims. They also added a lot of creativity with build mode, and it actually makes me want to build, where as in the previous Sim games, I didn't like to build at all. It's a great base game.

Though, not everyone is happy with The Sims 4. EA is telling us to speak up and tell them what we want in the game, and tell them what we think they should do to improve it, so that they can gain the fans back they lost and make a really great game for everyone. So we should all start speaking up more, even if you think the game is already very satisfying to you, I still think you should speak up so everyone can get the things they want in the game. I feel sad for the people disappointed with the game, because they want to love it but can't because some of their favorite features are gone. That's why we should all be telling EA, because that way it's more likely to get done, and at the end of the day, we can all be on the forums sharing how happy we all are with the game. :)

I'd just like to thank you for your attitude towards those players such as I who have been shut out of 4. I really honestly appreciate it and that's exactly what I've been trying to ask of others-we are a community and would be a happier one if more people felt like sims4 was for all the fans, not just a lucky set.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I'm one of those lucky people with a decent machine. The only trouble I ever had with Sims 3 was routing issues, and NRAAS took care of those. Did I like the pudding heads? Nope. But default skin helped. Later on someone made sliders that allowed me to really adjust the faces and even bodies. No more pudding heads. I still play TS3 and I still like it. The worlds are beautiful whether your sim is moving around in them or whether you're in Edit Town mode. The same can't be said for TS4 with it's beiged out neighborhoods. I know a lot of people like the style, but I don't like my landscaping to look so cartoony. I far prefer the look of TS3.

I like the game play better, too, but I am slogging away at TS4 to give it a chance. Right now I can't think of anything EA could offer me to make me want to throw more money into this game. Even if they put the items I miss into an EP, I would feel like they withheld them purposefully just to get more money out of their customers. My days of buying every EP and stuff pack are long gone. But I'm old and still hold resentment for the way they ruined other games before this (Ultima, anyone? Dumbed down DA2? SimCity Societies?).
  • Options
    I'm one of those lucky people with a decent machine. The only trouble I ever had with Sims 3 was routing issues, and NRAAS took care of those. Did I like the pudding heads? Nope. But default skin helped. Later on someone made sliders that allowed me to really adjust the faces and even bodies. No more pudding heads. I still play TS3 and I still like it. The worlds are beautiful whether your sim is moving around in them or whether you're in Edit Town mode. The same can't be said for TS4 with it's beiged out neighborhoods. I know a lot of people like the style, but I don't like my landscaping to look so cartoony. I far prefer the look of TS3.

I like the game play better, too, but I am slogging away at TS4 to give it a chance. Right now I can't think of anything EA could offer me to make me want to throw more money into this game. Even if they put the items I miss into an EP, I would feel like they withheld them purposefully just to get more money out of their customers. My days of buying every EP and stuff pack are long gone. But I'm old and still hold resentment for the way they ruined other games before this (Ultima, anyone? Dumbed down DA2? SimCity Societies?).

I'm with you. Personally removing game base elements that really affected my enjoyment of the sims has made me feel this way. I used to feel sims was worth the investment because I loved it. But now they took out my play style that's just not true any more. If they announce they are working on this it may change my mind but at the moment their silence on those areas are building into resentment and I never wanted to feel that way about sims and EA.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I really don't get why they didn't put some effort in their townies and why you start off with the ugliest puddingfaced sims when you want to create one in CAS.

You know, I say the same thing about all their homes. It doesn't feel like they put much effort into making nice homes at all. It wasn't until Supernatural came out that I found some premade homes I didn't need to burn to the ground. Though, it wasn't for lack of trying - my witchself did her level best to burn the townfolk's homes but the fires never amounted to anything. Big disappointment.

The puddingface sims left a bad, bad taste in the mouths of a lot of simmers and many never could quite grasp how to successfully manipulate the sliders into losing the pudding.

edit: ohh and CK, wonderful makeovers. It's amazing how sometimes just the slightest change can make a world of difference.
    I've got a feeling they may have done that because of CASt... That was a brand new feature and maybe they thought it would be a challenge for players to redecorate all those ugly interiors.
    Of course, in reality, most of us don't...
    (same thing with the terrible clothing of townies)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Rocky_HeyloRocky_Heylo Posts: 240 Member
    I haven't touched TS3 ever since I got TS4 and am now currently in the process of uninstalling TS3.... it's just slowing down my computer way too much with all of the EP and SP.

on top of that, there were so many aspects of TS3 that were restricting me from enjoying TS3 to its fullest potential, like that lag... it would take me 5 minutes to open into the menu and another 20 to load the game. I do like TS3 but until I get a much better computer I don't think i'll be re-installing it any time soon. I just want my computer to run smoother again, and the other games I play to run smoother as well.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I haven't touched TS3 ever since I got TS4 and am now currently in the process of uninstalling TS3.... it's just slowing down my computer way too much with all of the EP and SP.

on top of that, there were so many aspects of TS3 that were restricting me from enjoying TS3 to its fullest potential, like that lag... it would take me 5 minutes to open into the menu and another 20 to load the game. I do like TS3 but until I get a much better computer I don't think i'll be re-installing it any time soon. I just want my computer to run smoother again, and the other games I play to run smoother as well.
    Sounds like my old desktop PC. Now that I finally bought my own laptop, I can load each save game for approximately under 2 mins.

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    My daughter went back to playing sims 3, and I went further back and started playing sims 2 again. Haven't touched sims 3 since 4 came out, but then, to be fair, after a couple of weeks or so, I haven't touched sims 4 either.... Am loving sims 2 all over again! As to the lag etc. with sims 3, yes it took a while to load the game, and yes, after several weeks into a family, weird things would start occurring in game, after about week ten to twelve in a save, but then sims 3 didn't hold my interest well enough that too many families held my interest for that long anyway. NRAAS mods helped in that regard greatly. But while I did have issues with error 12 on my old computer, and used to hate it, as I just didn't have enough memory on it after awhile, even without much custom content at the time, when I got a real gaming computer that issue went away. As a matter of fact, until we hit somewhere around 15 gb of downloads, the game remained playable! My daughter insists the game still is (we actually have two different folders for sims 3, she has 15 gb in hers and I only have store content with a very small amount of cc for infants and toddlers mainly with of course my NRAAS mods! in mine.) I agree there are things in the sims 3 game that just eat up memory, and while open world and cast do play a role in them, I think a lot of it is just how poorly written some of the code is. The company has a very bad habit of not giving enough time to fully test out new code into a game, especially with all expansion packs installed, to catch enough of the bugs before they release a new expansion pack. And mark my words, that will occur with sims 4 as well. Sims 4 plays beautifully on my computer, or at least it did when I stopped playing it, but I just don't enjoy it. It doesn't have toddlers, it doesn't have my career choice (medical) it doesn't have even a lot of the usual base game features that I am used to having. Yes it offered a lot of new content, but so much of it just felt incomplete, even for a base game, that I just can't play it yet. I am waiting for the pools and careers, and hoping toddlers make it in the first expansion pack we will be getting. Until then, I probably won't be playing it much.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Are there any other players who took a break from Sims 3 since release of Sims 4 then went back after a while? How did you find it?

I avoid doing that or, otherwise, TS4 would die.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited November 2014
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Are there any other players who took a break from Sims 3 since release of Sims 4 then went back after a while? How did you find it?

I avoid doing that or, otherwise, TS4 would die.

why they have your money right now, you can still play any game you like. You can just wait until Sims 4 is improved enough or at least wait until the first EP is released. They have your money already, so you can relax only Maxis and EA needs to play test it often so that bugs are gone and the improvement done. Well and we still have enough people playing it, it won't go down so easy. Only if they're messing up more of course...
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I don't have S3 anymore, but I do take a break from playing S4. Right now I'm enjoying playing S1, but occasionally go back to playing S4.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,529 Member
    I'm thinking about playing Sims 3 and sending my Simself on a vacation to Lunar Lakes. Story wise he gets there from those tubes that came from Into The Future for registering the game. I forget the name of them. It's some kind of chamber.
  • Options
    simmahsimmah Posts: 60 Member
    Sadly, I got bored with Sims 4 very quickly, so I'm back with Sims 3. TS4 doesn't currently suit my playing style. Hopefully that'll change when more features are added. But for now I'm still really enjoying 3. Oddly enough, I still love reading the TS4 forums. I agree though that the sims look better in 4 than 3. If only I could transplant TS4 CAS into TS3. It'd be my perfect game!
  • Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    I went back to S3. S4 just has nothing for me. The bipolar sims, loading screens, lack of basic features that should never have been taken out, drive me nuts. I have a very good PC I built myself. Just a little 4930 CPU. S3 runs fine with all ep's and sp's except that KP stuff. Lots of twallin mods and cc. But then it also ran very well on my old pc. Loading times are no more than a minute. Same with the old pc. So I would guess those that complain about ridiculous loading time must have very low end pc's. So it's not just the fault of S3 but the user as well.

S3 has everything that I like. I can't see me putting any more money into S4 unless EA actually puts something into S4 base to make it worth the high price I had to pay for it. Ep will not do. I'm very happy with sticking to S3 for now.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm thinking about playing Sims 3 and sending my Simself on a vacation to Lunar Lakes. Story wise he gets there from those tubes that came from Into The Future for registering the game. I forget the name of them. It's some kind of chamber.
    I love it when people use their imagination like that.
    Mine end up in Lunar Lakes when they are banished by two genies at the same time :#

(I agree @KrayzieStryker)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    VertKiller wrote: »
    I went back to S3. S4 just has nothing for me. The bipolar sims, loading screens, lack of basic features that should never have been taken out, drive me nuts. I have a very good PC I built myself. Just a little 4930 CPU. S3 runs fine with all ep's and sp's except that KP stuff. Lots of twallin mods and cc. But then it also ran very well on my old pc. Loading times are no more than a minute. Same with the old pc. So I would guess those that complain about ridiculous loading time must have very low end pc's. So it's not just the fault of S3 but the user as well.<br />
    <br />
    S3 has everything that I like. I can't see me putting any more money into S4 unless EA actually puts something into S4 base to make it worth the high price I had to pay for it. Ep will not do. I'm very happy with sticking to S3 for now.

Apart from the swipe at people who had nothing but trouble with TS3 (I'm always struggling with the game and my PC is a monster), that's how I feel about TS4 compared to TS3 too.

• Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2014
    > @LittleMinxUndr said:
    > VertKiller wrote: »
    >
    > I went back to S3. S4 just has nothing for me. The bipolar sims, loading screens, lack of basic features that should never have been taken out, drive me nuts. I have a very good PC I built myself. Just a little 4930 CPU. S3 runs fine with all ep's and sp's except that KP stuff. Lots of twallin mods and cc. But then it also ran very well on my old pc. Loading times are no more than a minute. Same with the old pc. So I would guess those that complain about ridiculous loading time must have very low end pc's. So it's not just the fault of S3 but the user as well.

>

> S3 has everything that I like. I can't see me putting any more money into S4 unless EA actually puts something into S4 base to make it worth the high price I had to pay for it. Ep will not do. I'm very happy with sticking to S3 for now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Apart from the swipe at people who had nothing but trouble with TS3 (I'm always struggling with the game and my PC is a monster), that's how I feel about TS4 compared to TS3 too.

I was not trying to make a swipe at people that have problems with S3. I do understand that even users with good PC.s can have problems. That's just how software is. Works for some and not for others. But, ridiculous loading times like 20 minutes to load? Come on. What else are you going to think. I have read so many of these type of comments when they are bashing S3.

Edit. I would still rather wait a long loading time over loading screens.
  • Options
    > @LittleMinxUndr said:<br />
    > VertKiller wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > I went back to S3. S4 just has nothing for me. The bipolar sims, loading screens, lack of basic features that should never have been taken out, drive me nuts. I have a very good PC I built myself. Just a little 4930 CPU. S3 runs fine with all ep's and sp's except that KP stuff. Lots of twallin mods and cc. But then it also ran very well on my old pc. Loading times are no more than a minute. Same with the old pc. So I would guess those that complain about ridiculous loading time must have very low end pc's. So it's not just the fault of S3 but the user as well.<br />

<br />
    > <br />

<br />
    > S3 has everything that I like. I can't see me putting any more money into S4 unless EA actually puts something into S4 base to make it worth the high price I had to pay for it. Ep will not do. I'm very happy with sticking to S3 for now.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Apart from the swipe at people who had nothing but trouble with TS3 (I'm always struggling with the game and my PC is a monster), that's how I feel about TS4 compared to TS3 too.<br />
    <br />
    I was not trying to make a swipe at people that have problems with S3. I do understand that even users with good PC.s can have problems. That's just how software is. Works for some and not for others. But, ridiculous loading times like 20 minutes to load? Come on. What else are you going to think. I have read so many of these type of comments when they are bashing S3.<br />
    <br />

Everyone seems to forget the sims team were responsible for the poor coding and did nothing to fix it in 3. That was unacceptable. Currently sims4 is just a base game with no dlc etc yet and there are still plenty of bugs and issues that two months on haven't been fixed. Once we start getting extra content those bugs will stack on top of each other in the same way they did in 3.
    I've actually had more bugs with sims4 base than any other sims game, so I highly question the claim that the reason we are missing a lot of content is to bring us a 'stable base game'. I think that was a convenient excuse for releasing an unfinished product.

• Options
    > <br />
    > I went back to S3. S4 just has nothing for me. The bipolar sims, loading screens, lack of basic features that should never have been taken out, drive me nuts. I have a very good PC I built myself. Just a little 4930 CPU. S3 runs fine with all ep's and sp's except that KP stuff. Lots of twallin mods and cc. But then it also ran very well on my old pc. Loading times are no more than a minute. Same with the old pc. So I would guess those that complain about ridiculous loading time must have very low end pc's. So it's not just the fault of S3 but the user as well.<br />

<br />
    > <br />

<br />
    > S3 has everything that I like. I can't see me putting any more money into S4 unless EA actually puts something into S4 base to make it worth the high price I had to pay for it. Ep will not do. I'm very happy with sticking to S3 for now.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Apart from the swipe at people who had nothing but trouble with TS3 (I'm always struggling with the game and my PC is a monster), that's how I feel about TS4 compared to TS3 too.<br />
    <br />
    I was not trying to make a swipe at people that have problems with S3. I do understand that even users with good PC.s can have problems. That's just how software is. Works for some and not for others. But, ridiculous loading times like 20 minutes to load? Come on. What else are you going to think. I have read so many of these type of comments when they are bashing S3.<br />
    <br />

Everyone seems to forget the sims team were responsible for the poor coding and did nothing to fix it in 3. That was unacceptable. Currently sims4 is just a base game with no dlc etc yet and there are still plenty of bugs and issues that two months on haven't been fixed. Once we start getting extra content those bugs will stack on top of each other in the same way they did in 3.
    I've actually had more bugs with sims4 base than any other sims game, so I highly question the claim that the reason we are missing a lot of content is to bring us a 'stable base game'. I think that was a convenient excuse for releasing an unfinished product.
    Just be glad this isn't the forum for Starforge.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I have not yet returned to sims 3 but I have not deleted it either. I am having fun playing with Sims again rather than spending all my time in cast. Now we have more floors and wall recolour cc I spend less time to build a decent home and actualy play with the Sims.
    I love all the Sims games but seem to be spending more time in Sims 4 at the moment as I am finding it fun.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I've never stopped playing TS3 and actually have been playing it (and TS2) more than TS4, which I haven't touched in weeks and weeks. I think with me, my lack of free-time lately has been a major factor in which games I'm playing. I can either play games that I love and enjoy or a game that, while it has a few nice features, feels more like work than fun. For me, a video game shouldn't be an acquired taste, it should fun straight out of the box and I find myself having to "work" at enjoying TS4.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I played S3 yesterday. I now play both 3 and 4 as there are things in both I love.

I finally found the solution to my lags and freezes, I only have 4 eps and 2 sps installed and the game runs great. I never miss ST, Pets, ITF but wish I could install IP and SN. Gen has always been, meh. IP has too many routing issues and in SN, the alchemy station is glitched in every game I play so what's the use. Other than that I'm have a blast playing S3. :D

Bshag!!!

*glomps*

Glad you figured out how to get your TS3 game back on track. :) I don't think I'd miss IP, ST and Pets either if I uninstalled them but the items are so interweaved in my edited Master Save Worlds that I'd have to re-do all of them...and I can be a lazy creature when I want to be! LOL!

Have a great weekend, Sweetie!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    > <br />

<br />
    > <br />

<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    <br />
    <br />

I agree to this and i know the reason why they took so long adding them.
    Its because Sims 4 use the same engine than SimCity 5, its clearly not meant for an pure offline Game, and thats why it feels more like an online game.
    Also the reason because they took much longer adding pools for example is due its simply hard work cutting the terrain, because the engine named Glassbox doesn't allow easily alter the terrain, thats also the reason why the world feels limited in Sims 4 right now.

Source

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/11/adding-pools-sims-4-isnt-easy-claims-ea
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member

I agree to this and i know the reason why they took so long adding them.
    Its because Sims 4 use the same engine than SimCity 5, its clearly not meant for an pure offline Game, and thats why it feels more like an online game.
    Also the reason because they took much longer adding pools for example is due its simply hard work cutting the terrain, because the engine named Glassbox doesn't allow easily alter the terrain, thats also the reason why the world feels limited in Sims 4 right now.

Source

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/11/adding-pools-sims-4-isnt-easy-claims-ea
    • 3 months ago

So let me get this straight. The game is using the engine of Sims 4, a game in which you build stuff, and it doesn't support terrain editing? Give me a few minutes while I laugh my guts out.

I would really love to know exactly what EA had planned to do with TS4 from the beginning and how this game finally came about. There are plenty of speculations, but I doubt we will really know the truth. This game just seems spun from a very bad place. I admire the job they have done in saving it, but I wish they would have started over from scratch.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
  • Options
    TS4 isn't using Glassbox... http://modthesims.info/t/512067

Okay thanks good to know so i will take it back right now they don't use Glassbox engine, but still this new engine still have limited feel to it.