Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

C'mon EA/Maxis, it's just a bed!

Okay so had an issue a while back with people never deciding on same bed. Regardless of how many times I tried to get them 'locked' to one. It was always random bed time.

Then had an issue of a couple not being able to woo-hoo in a certain bed.

But now I can't even get a couple to sleep in the same bed. A bed they have shared countless times.
One gets in, the other waves and complains of routing issue...

Tried it a few times. No way. Tried again and again with same the two sims, second sim can not get it.
Removed all furniture from the room...nope.
Even put the bed in the garden. A good 50 feet each side of the bed to play with, nope. Second sim unable to get in.
Tried different bed...nope.
Reset the sims...nope
Travel away, travel back for them...nope.

I mean for gods sake it's just a darn bed!
They worked in other games, they can't be hard programming!

I am starting to despair at this broken game.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Time to kill the Sim who won't get in the bed no matter where you put that bed. I don't waste time, quote:' kill them, kill them all, let none stand!'

>:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    I had a whole Legacy family (3 couples, 2 kids) and it was musical beds every time someone tried to sleep. Made no sense. I deleted beds, replaced them with other "models" and still it was a fiasco at bedtime. There wasn't any other furniture nearby, no CC. I finally gave up at the 5th generation and started the game fresh. Of course, it's starting to happen again. Sigh.
  • Options
    debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    I have the same problem now. Don't have an answer either. This only started a day ago. I hope someone has an answer and soon. :|
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Musical beds? Now that's a new game I haven't heard of. lol
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    amika-sterlingamika-sterling Posts: 15 Member
    my teenage sim who lives with her older sister keeps messing around with her girlfriend in her older sister's bed while she isn't around. i dunno if this is the glitch or if they're just the worst
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When that started happening to me (or, them), I put everyone in single beds (mom & dad side by side). To woohoo, I send them to the telescope or somewhere else. It wasn't worth the effort to fight it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    Musical beds? Now that's a new game I haven't heard of. lol

I am so thankful I do not have this problem and I have twelve households in my game. Of course not many of them own the more expensive beds that might want Sims to sleep in a better bed. Just once in a blue moon do any of them get in the wrong bed but I get them up and they go back to their own if it happens. They only time I saw them use a double bed that wasn't their own was to nap on it. But my sleepy Sims didn't get in someone else's bed just because someone was napping on theirs. I don't know seems to be a problem for some and not for others, and thankfully, I don't have the 'can't get into the bed' bug...yet. Only when I set the bed off the grid since it's so easy to do in this game now and so I have to make sure both sides have room for a night stand on each side because yes, there is a problem if the bed is over too far on one side. Or if a picture or window or curtain blocks them or even a light fixture, but here the OP says they put it outside with nothing next to it, so I have no idea.

ETA: None of my Sims live in Maxis houses though, I built my own so I have less bugs like that. I have learned from experience sometimes Maxis lots are bugged in all the games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    my teenage sim who lives with her older sister keeps messing around with her girlfriend in her older sister's bed while she isn't around. i dunno if this is the glitch or if they're just the worst

Its' pay back. :p
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    I thought it was a funny name for this glitch, like the musical chairs :D

I encountered a similar problem like the OP once, although my two Sims weren't that buddy-buddy flirty-flirty high relationship yet. I figured it was because of that, so I cheated their relationships to high but still no luck. I got this problem fixed when I had them shared their first kiss, since then I had been able to have them share bed and woohoo on it without problem.

Unfortunately, as the OP stated, his Sims have already shared experiences on the same bed. I agree this issue needs to be addressed.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Better than what some of my sims are doing...
    tumblr_n3s11pPAFa1ts18hxo4_250.gif
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Sometimes it is because a relationship isnot high enough
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    If you have any mods or cc, I highly recommend you temporarily remove them, repair your game, and try your game without the mods and cc. Even if you think it's got nothing to do with the gameplay issue you're having, it CAN and usually does.

If you do not have anything in the mods folder, chances are you STILL need to repair your game. Open your Origin client, right click on the Sims 4 and select "Repair."

I did have this problem once, shortly after the October 1st cursed patch. I did repair my game in an attempt to fix the much more serious issues, but it did at least fix the bed trouble.

Best of luck and happy simming!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    olekebollekeolekebolleke Posts: 156 Member
    edited October 2014
    In my game one gets in and sleeps then the other decides to sleep on the same side. So he/she wakes up the other sim. It gets out, the sim who did the waking gets in and the woken sim is left to sleep on the other side. It doesn't matter if I click on the empty side of the bed. It always happens.
    Post edited by olekebolleke on
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    My sims keep woohooing in their teens bed and not there own bed its kind of gross
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Just to clarify, I have no CC, mods etc. They've just gone... plum
  • Options
    keobookskeobooks Posts: 103 Member
    Have you tried clearing your cache? That seems to help a lot of people with bugs like this.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I have had this issue too. I have even tried having the same bed for every member of the household in case they were being attracted by other beds too. This was happening before I had any mods and I tried lots of different options like the OP.
  • Options
    kimilatifkimilatif Posts: 53 Member
    i have this glitch/bug as well, its really frustrating to play my game :( i really thought they had fixed it with the recent patch, combined with the wide jaw small eyes glitch i cant enjoy playing sims 4, im just glad someone made a mod for the jaw/ eyes to fix it, not being able to play for a while i decided to play with the mod as i never resort to playing with mods.. love the game but how can we enjoy it with all these glitches :(
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member

I am playing two sisters and this always happens. Whenever one is "entertaining" her boyfriend? They always go to the others' bed to woohoo. They both do it. I'm beginning to think this is intentional because why would they not use the bed they automatically go to sleep in?

I don't have this problem with married couples, they sleep in the right bed and use their bed for woohoo. It's just my singles who seem to get very confused.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I never had this problem. I think I would try moving the family out, then back in, to see if that helps. You will need to assign beds from scratch, but any tech hangup will probably be reset. Just test it on a separate save.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have had this bug before. I was able resolve the issue by replacing any secondary double beds with single beds. It seemed that the bug presents itself when there are multiple double beds on the lot. Everyone gets confused. They can no longer sleep or are assigned a specific bed, they can't woohoo or go to the wrong bed...it seems like only one double bed is registered and any others cause problems. At least, that is how it happened in my games. As soon as I replaced the beds with singles, everything worked like it should.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    There is a mod to make your sims pick the same bathroom/shower/toilet... Any chance of getting a mod to have them lock onto a specific bed? I know I've read they already are supposed to do this, but evidently it's broken... or at the very least, doesn't work all the time.

My sim spends the night in another house from time to time... the house has all single sims, and for the most part, they always pick the same beds to sleep in, but from time to time I'll notice them sleeping in each others bed.
  • Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    When that started happening to me (or, them), I put everyone in single beds (mom & dad side by side). To woohoo, I send them to the telescope or somewhere else. It wasn't worth the effort to fight it.

Just like an old TV senser swooped in and I thought of this:

imgres1.jpg?resize=460%2C206

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited October 2014
    The irony of course is that if I mooch next door to the neighbours house, I can sleep and woohoo in any bed I want, no problems no restrictions. This is seriously messed up!
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    I'm having this issue on the second floor bed in my room. I have tried everything that I could think of. In that room, it used to work if I turned it sideways...Now? They still won't route to the bed to woohoo.

It's not the bed because it works on the first floor, and it's nothing in the room. I have deleted every single thing in it - including windows - and still can't get them to route to it for woohoo! I had to move them to the first floor!