Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Ah. Okay.

So, anywho, once again, I'm gonna be that guy and ask...

Results for challenge two and three? Any word?

We are still working on the results from challenge #2, apologies for the delay, again! I for one have been super busy and have just not had the time to put the amount of effort I want to put in to these results... We hope to have them up in the next couple of days. Apologies once more, we haven't forgotten about you guys, I promise.

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Datkid-- Thanks so much!! *pammiechick is off to kill Mr. Green again!* B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited October 2014
    Datkid wrote: »
    @DieterPrivate -- how did you cheat to kill Mr. green by laughter? I've used the heightened Playfulness cheat but it doesn't add, so it doesn't help much. He finally died in a fire which will be good for pics at this point but I'd love to get him to die by laughter. I'm at my wits end, trying for hours and with different ones. He gets to hysterical for a few moments only. Ugh!

The cheat "sims.add_buff buff_hysterical" is used for death by laughter. You can replace hysterical with any other desired emotion.

Yup, that's how I've done it. Tried a couple of times in a normal way, but I wouldn't work. Also, after you enter the cheat, it will take one to two days for he actually dies, so make sure he doesn't starve before that...

@pammiechick: I love your avatar! Very subtle, I thought something was odd until I looked closer, then I got a little scared, almost ran off...
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #2

Your results are now available here.
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member

Congrats to all of the winners! Great comments from the judges, too!
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2014
    OK, I have finished my house and ready to upload/take pictures. Just one little issue....the dagum upload image is a freaking wall!!! D:

I have tried messing around with camera placement on lot but all I keep getting is either the interior wall of my house or the interior wall of the house across the street. I would destroy that house but it's already occupied. ugh!!

Edit: Finally fixed it, and loaded to gallery. The name of the house is Daunting Hollow, also under #buildnshare4
    Post edited by celdys0n on
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2014

Yey! i came on 3rd place! I never placed so high before :D
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2014
    @pammiechick: I love your avatar! Very subtle, I thought something was odd until I looked closer, then I got a little scared, almost ran off...

LOL! Yeah...well, I've been hanging out with Mr. Green a little too much and it rubbed off a bit... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member

OMG! I didn't know what category I was in, but thought I'd check the results of the Established, just to see. And there I was! And I won the room challenge!!! Holy cow!!! Thank you so much!!!

As for the feedback on the house, I didn't do much with the outside due to the fact that it was a penthouse and would be on the top of the building, that's also why it appeared squarish... I sometimes have a hard time with the placement of rooms because of the layout that was built, they sometimes don't fit in that slot. But, I'm getting better with each build, learning new things. And I don't know why I put things backwards, the bathroom, then the room... but I will work on the layout better!

I can't thank you enough for putting me in this category. I was so unsure about my builds... But I will improve with each challenge.

So far on this Victorian one, I've made Mr. Green, but he's not dead yet... but Mr. Olsen almost did! LOL Mr. Green was visiting the Olsen's when Don got a bit too close to the fireplace. He caught on fire and I kept clicking on him and clicking on Extinguish, but it took forever for Mr. Green to go get a fire extinguisher! And poor Judy just stood there having a panic attack! LOL But, Mr. Olsen was put out in time and then went and took a bath and came back looking all sparklingly clean! Phew... Since then, Mr. Green has been romancing both Trish and Janissa from the Simtechior Design Group. So, I made a couple more Sims and houses so that there are more cool friends for Mr. Green. It looks like I'm going to have to use the cheat to get him to die of laughter though. Then to research and build the Victorian... sigh... that's going to be one tough cookie... but, I'm going to try my best! =)

Thank you, again, for the category and the room challenge win! =) You've definitely lifted my spirits today!!! =) And they've been needed to be lifted! Been suffering a nasty cold! Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery because I'm going to need all my faculties functioning for this challenge! =) Again, I'm so thankful and grateful that I found the Build n Share challenges!!! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
    KelSimmie wrote: »
    So far on this Victorian one, I've made Mr. Green, but he's not dead yet... but Mr. Olsen almost did! LOL Mr. Green was visiting the Olsen's when Don got a bit too close to the fireplace. He caught on fire and I kept clicking on him and clicking on Extinguish, but it took forever for Mr. Green to go get a fire extinguisher! And poor Judy just stood there having a panic attack! LOL But, Mr. Olsen was put out in time and then went and took a bath and came back looking all sparklingly clean! Phew... Since then, Mr. Green has been romancing both Trish and Janissa from the Simtechior Design Group. So, I made a couple more Sims and houses so that there are more cool friends for Mr. Green. It looks like I'm going to have to use the cheat to get him to die of laughter though. Then to research and build the Victorian... sigh... that's going to be one tough cookie... but, I'm going to try my best! =)

Lol, I can almost see it before me. Watching sims can be very funny...

• KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    Lol, I can almost see it before me. Watching sims can be very funny...

That indeed was a bit terrifying and funny at the same time! But, here's another funny one! I had Mr. Green visit the Simtechior Design team house. I clicked on the oven in the upstairs Kitchen and told him to cook something. Get this... he went into one of the offices on the first floor, used the refrigerator in there, started to prepare everything, then ran upstairs to cook it, then back downstairs to the office to put it on one of the cabinets in there! It was crazy! I don't know if that is a bug or what, but if you tell them to read a book from a bookshelf upstairs, and they happen to be downstairs and there is a bookshelf there, they just might go to that other bookshelf and read from there. Ack! I want my Sims to do things where I tell them to... not wherever they feel like... It's like they can't be properly be lead...

Oh well... these Sims sure act weird... Back to my little 4 apartment lot that I'm building to put more Sims in my world... change up the "normal" set of faces... =) Then, I'll start on the Victorian! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey everyone! This is my first challenge and also my first time ever building a Victorian style house so it was quite the challenge! I'm still organizing the pictures for my slideshow, but I wanted to go ahead and share my version of Mr. William Green!
    He's a bookworm and a bit of a neat freak, but still loves a good joke! :smile:
    Here he is alive in CAS
    http://i.imgur.com/eyVP7OT.png
    After laughing to death he's now a ghost!
    http://i.imgur.com/Dv1rk1K.png
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 4
    FORUM ID: celdys0n
    ORIGIN ID: celdyson
    LEVEL: Established
    SIM: Mr. Green (I used the one made by @DieterPrivate for the slideshow, I am not entering the Sim Challenge)
    LOT: Daunting Hollow
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshare.net/celdyson/the-daunting-hollow-buildnshare-challenge-4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Southern Haven Design presents the Daunting Hollow, built with Mr. Green in mind. I did some heavy referencing to the Victorian style when building this home, taking key points and integrating them into the overall look. I really enjoyed myself with this challenge and love every single detail I placed into this particular home. My personal favorite is the garden, the maze was just fun to spookify. Keep an eye out for the ghostly gnome and watch out for the butler that rules the world from behind the screen. Bwahahahahah!
    Total for build S$248,107

Room Challenge: The size of the room came out to be an 8x4 with the total coming out to be S$34,703. My favorite part about this room is actually the Chicken sculpture I used to fill in a corner. Possibly the last thing you would ever see in a Victorian home just because it's the least pompous item to ever be found.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-decorative/title/plants-plants-plants/id/1257764/

I also used the enlarge trick on a few items

Side Note: I added a filter of sorts to my images just to give it that nice touch of spooky. I am sorry if it hides some details, I tried not to let it do that. Thanks
    On a further note, if anyone wants to have pumpkins added to their build, I discovered that someone has made the CC for it!

thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-garden/title/pumpkin-patch/id/1263292/
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @FaithofKaela or @Lebanna, can I get a quick clarification? Are we allowed to build more than the stated number of bedrooms and bathrooms if we like, or is it 2 bedrooms/3 baths max? Thank you!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    celdys0n wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 4
    FORUM ID: celdys0n
    ORIGIN ID: celdyson
    LEVEL: Established
    SIM: Mr. Green (I used the one made by @DieterPrivate for the slideshow, I am not entering the Sim Challenge)
    LOT: Daunting Hollow
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshare.net/celdyson/the-daunting-hollow-buildnshare-challenge-4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Southern Haven Design presents the Daunting Hollow, built with Mr. Green in mind. I did some heavy referencing to the Victorian style when building this home, taking key points and integrating them into the overall look. I really enjoyed myself with this challenge and love every single detail I placed into this particular home. My personal favorite is the garden, the maze was just fun to spookify. Keep an eye out for the ghostly gnome and watch out for the butler that rules the world from behind the screen. Bwahahahahah!
    Total for build S$248,107

Room Challenge: The size of the room came out to be an 8x4 with the total coming out to be S$34,703. My favorite part about this room is actually the Chicken sculpture I used to fill in a corner. Possibly the last thing you would ever see in a Victorian home just because it's the least pompous item to ever be found.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-decorative/title/plants-plants-plants/id/1257764/

I also used the enlarge trick on a few items

Side Note: I added a filter of sorts to my images just to give it that nice touch of spooky. I am sorry if it hides some details, I tried not to let it do that. Thanks

I love your build! The maze is cool. Currently, I'm really struggling with the landscaping, I just can't get it right... (Plus I don't have a lot of space for it...) Your interior is also very nice. I think you nailed the wanted look for that. And love the slideshow. Nice to see Mr. Green is being 'used'.
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela or @Lebanna, can I get a quick clarification? Are we allowed to build more than the stated number of bedrooms and bathrooms if we like, or is it 2 bedrooms/3 baths max? Thank you!

@BryonyRae: I think the requirements are always a minimum. If you can fit more/other rooms in your build, you can.
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @BryonyRae The brief is the guideline, normally when you have a budget, it can be quite tough to add extra's like that in, so for this challenge that is the maximum number of beds/baths allowed. Hope that helps clarify the situation *hugs*
    Thank you @DieterPrivate, I hope some of my choices helps you with yours. I kept Googling images for each room for ideas and to verify the look I did was appropriate.
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    celdys0n wrote: »
    Thank you @DieterPrivate, I hope some of my choices helps you with yours. I kept Googling images for each room for ideas and to verify the look I did was appropriate.

Good job on your build and slideshow! I'm still holding off on taking photos since I keep checking to see if I want to add anything, lol. I wish I used CC because I love those pumpkins to bits!

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    ATTENTION STARTER ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #2

• simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    @FaithofKaela

Thank you for all your hard work!! I know how hectic RL gets! :)

b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    ATTENTION STARTER ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #2

Congrats to the winners and the judges! Nicely done.
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 4
    Forum ID: Datkid
    Origin ID: Jumanjikid
    Level: Established
    Sim: William Green: Goofball/Bookworm/Neat http://i.imgur.com/Dv1rk1K.png

Lot: Chapel Hill
    Link to Entry Slideshow: http://imgur.com/a/oOdPs
    Entry Details: Construction on this house began in the late 1700's, but was never complete until now. Built on a small 20x30 piece of land, William Green always liked his houses... grand. He also has a passion for reading and storytelling so I gave him a spacious room for entertaining guests with his comedy routines. Of course being a bookworm, William also insisted on having bookcases throughout the house. There's a living room with a fireplace towards the back of the house that leads to the side door and backyard. Being from the 1800's I assumed Mr. Green wasn't interested in any electronics, however I decided to put a very advanced grill in the backyard for him to learn how to use. I believe I overheard Mr. Green saying "gold is in", so I put gold curtains throughout the house as well. There's also a piano and violin in the music room which leads out to the balcony. Considering he's a bookworm, I gave Mr. Green a small study next to his bedroom as well. The house is decorated with old paintings and sculptures that I feel fit the era from which Mr. William Green is from.
    In total the house came out to $229,454.

Credit for CC/Recolors: N/A

Notes: This was definitely a challenge for me because I usually never build on smaller lots, nor have I ever attempted a Victorian before. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and am very pleased with how the house turned out! :smile:YUfMCcG.png
    Post edited by Datkid on
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top