Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Half-Walls?

mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
edited September 2014 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Okay, okay (Sigh) ..... so does anyone know what happened to our half walls? What's EA's excuse for getting rid of those? Would it be possible for someone to maybe create a half-wall cheat or something? It would be very nice to have. Sorry to bother everyone, but alas, I have absolutely NO knowledge of modding or creating anything. I simply rely on the kindness of others. ;) Thank you for your help!
Post edited by mara3004 on

Comments

• Options
    mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    I NEED MAH HALF WALLS BACK.
  • Options
    NickiElliottNickiElliott Posts: 9 New Member
    I miss half walls too, I guess them giving us three different heights of overall wall *replaces* them. Unfortunately I don't want all my walls the same height :(
  • Options
    ellisg360ellisg360 Posts: 11 New Member
    i do too. i liked placing them when i created my bathroom, among other things. maybe they will add them in to one of the next patches. then again maybe that's asking to much from EA
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I love half walls and used them a lot, as far as I can remember they never come with a base game though. Unsure why.

Hopefully we'll have them soon.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    I love half walls and used them a lot, as far as I can remember they never come with a base game though. Unsure why.

Hopefully we'll have them soon.

I thought that The sims 3 base game came with half-walls. I may not be remembering what came from what pack.

• Options
    icftlduicftldu Posts: 147 Member
    Yes half walls were really useful, especially in bathrooms and kitchens.
  • Options
    Just a tip for you guys, Try using fence for now.
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    me 2 want them back as well....want everything we had in Sims 3 back into Sims 4 game for free cause paid too much for this game....
  • Options
    EvaE1izabethEvaE1izabeth Posts: 49 New Member
    I look forward to cc fences in the meantime (I'm sure half walls will eventually make their way back into the game in one way or another) because for me most of the fence styles aren't quite the right proportions to work in bathrooms, etc.
  • Options
    There are things I miss but there are, from this person's count, 1010 more items between CAS & build/buy mode than sims 3 base game had...

Also, I don't think we got sims 3 half walls in a pack, pretty sure they came in a game update at some point, but it wasn't in base game as shipped, pretty sure.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    EA did not get rid of the half walls!! When you are *in* the build mode - and the walls - there is a little "image" (for lack of a better term) OF half walls!! I was wondering why they would have taken those away myself. Now, unless this latest patch did away with them, the half walls WERE THERE the last time I was in build mode.

Please - look again.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    I've never seen half walls in there and I just looked now and there still aren't half walls. From everything I've seen online there isn't the ability to have half walls in game yet.
    What area of the screen are we supposed to be able to see the little image of half walls...
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello MsPrissy88. I also looked for the half wall you mentioned that you saw, but I was unable to locate it. If they are there, and you have seen them, can you please tell us the specific steps to follow to find them. Thank you!
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I miss half walls also and the platform (stage) thingy.
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    Add me to the missing half wall and platforms train. Also, @MsPrissy88 , also rechecked and must be missing the half walls... please direct us or post a screenshot. Am hoping you are, indeed, right!
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I think someone has looked at the three wall heights and thinks one is a half wall at the moment we have to use fencing to simulate half walls.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I made a thread about this the other week. I'm really missing half walls too. :/ They did suggest a few fence ideas to semi-solve the problem as well as some plain, no frame, windows. This was about as close as I could get to half walls that looks relevantly decent.

i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd237/BYondTime89/The%20Sims%204/10-16-14_11-59nbspPM.png
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    MrZombieAndMeMrZombieAndMe Posts: 1 New Member
    Eh so i'm not just crazy then. Just joined the forums on the site, been playing since I was a wee lad. Sims 1 had some good times. But I played Sims 3 faithfully for years, I mean every single expansion. And I knew I had to give up some things when I moved to Sims 4 because obviously it's impossible to have 20 expansions rolled into one new game. But losing those half walls...it's like my kitchens are always incomplete now. I mean the amount of build/buy content that is missing is sort of hard to justify because of it being so new. I demand more clutter!
  • Options
    There's way more (and better organized) clutter this time around, I have most the packs for 3 but got most of my clutter from the store. not the base game. I'm a big fan of clutter though, makes a house way more home-like...
    lol "a house is not a home without clutter" right?
    I do hope we get half walls at some point but it's still a pretty decent start, imo.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    EgeSayin111EgeSayin111 Posts: 4 New Member
    I like half-walls I use in kitchen and bathroom.İt's very useful.I can speak a little English because I'm from Turkey
  • Options
    KhaleesiCatKhaleesiCat Posts: 1 New Member
    I miss them as well, I've been using fences up till now, also hope they're included in a future patch.
  • Options
    John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    > @MsPrissy88 said:
    > EA did not get rid of the half walls!! When you are *in* the build mode - and the walls - there is a little "image" (for lack of a better term) OF half walls!! I was wondering why they would have taken those away myself. Now, unless this latest patch did away with them, the half walls WERE THERE the last time I was in build mode.
    >
    >
    > Please - look again.

That's awesome! I too love half walls both in the Sims and in real life. We used them when we put in a divider between our dining room and kitchen in my house, and I did this with the Sims3, but didn't know that they really do exist in the Sims4.

Thanks!

John
  • Options
    I still haven't seen half walls in the game or in anyone's house pictures.
    Pretty sure they don't exist yet.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I was thinking about Half-walls. I wonder if it's possible to make them by recoloring the top half of the wall to be transparent. Like, say you wanted to use one of the paneled wallpapers and you just replace the paint at the top with transparent nothingness. I'm not sure if transparency works with walls but it might be a thing to try out. I'd do it myself but for some reason my .package plugin refuses to work .-. Someone, should try and let me know.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    my .package plugin refuses to work

What .package plugin do you mean?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4