Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do unlockable items work?

When you unlock an item, does it stay unlocked for that game? Or only for that Sim/household? What happens when that Sim dies? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• confluentsconfluents Posts: 230 Member
    As far as I can tell, it's per household. I had a sim reach level 4 of the Tech Guru career and unlock a clock, but when I made a new sim in a new household, the clock was locked again.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    That's correct. it is unlocked per household. But, there is a mod on MTS that unlocks all locked items, if you are not anti mod.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    thank you
  • IsewIsew Posts: 33 Member
    Also, it's only unlocked in your household for as long as that sim is around. If they move out you lose it. With the ghosts now I'm not sure what happens if they die.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm not a fan of the locked content.
    But, it does stay, if your sim dies, but leaves family members. I've taken to adopting a child, just to keep the stuff, since I play a single sim at a time. (I know when my sim will die, since I use a mod to kill them... I know I'm evil....)

Mylita
  • OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    Is that the simocide mod? lol, I saw that one.
    Yup, 'tis simocide. Hey, you have to be able to kill them somehow! I used to always use NRaas' MasterController mod to do the dirty work...

Mylita