Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this mod?

SirCumberbatchSirCumberbatch Posts: 377 Member
I found a snake tail here:http://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/模拟人生3-sims3/衣服-clothes/其他衣服4/ but apparently a mod is required to be used? Can anyone tell me what this fabled mod is and where to find it? If you find it you're an amazing person.benedict-cumberbatch-birthday-05.gif
tumblr_m4xgcv68oS1rogkjio1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    I just looked at it (the black snake tail w/gold & black top) and I didn't see any mention of a mod. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong item.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    Nope, that's it. This person on the forum says it http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/504443.page and the tail won't appear in game for me so I'm just assuming there's a mod.
  • Options
    From the site and Sims 3 Updates, SheJing includes clothes, shoes and hair. I presumed the shoes would be the tail.
    http://www.sims3updates.net/details.php?cat=cas&id=17716

I used a translator to see if any mention of a mod was made and didn't see one. This isn't that old so I wouldn't think that it would need an update.

(Click on the thumbnail to view larger image)
    · The author/Creator: Frost boy (QingshuangTongzi)
    · Contains/Include:3 New Mesh, coat + shoes + hair
    /Clothes+Shoe+Hair · description available//Notice:Sims3 the original Base Game Compatible
    Download/Download:Sims3pack

If I find anything, I'll let you know. Now I want to know too.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    The tail says it's a bottom in the launcher and it doesn't appear in shoes.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh, okay. You might want to try this if you haven't already. If you have IP, either in the bottoms or the shoes section, there is just a pair of bare feet. I think we select this when we're adding mermaid tails (?). I'm going to have to go into a game to find exactly what I'm looking for after I download the set.

Downloaded the set and converted it to .package files (personal preference) and waiting for the game to let me go into CAS.

Got the tail. BRB ASAP

I have her almost put together in CAS but I have to take her into a real game to get the feet right.
    Post edited by MarLin114 on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This gal's feet are giving me trouble right now. The tail, top and hairstyle were all where they should be (the hair is without the gold embellishment). I tried using CAS and the dresser, and the dresser cheat (unlockoutfits on), and now I have her in CAS using NRaas Master Controller.

She's not wanting to give up her toes, but I'm not giving up. I might have to come back to this later if I don't find a way around the feet soon.

I have to give up on her feet for the moment. I was thinking of posting a message on the website asking about the shoes that are supposed to be included (that are no where to be found). Or, how to get rid of the Sim's feet while they're wearing this outfit.

By filtering the items to Custom Content made them easier to find (hair, bottoms, tops).

I sent them a message about the feet and will let you know if I receive a reply.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    I'm having trouble getting the tail to show up in CAS, the top shows up fine though.

You could try this Mr Skeleto

It's the nullshoes package you want from the zip as that makes feet invisible, not just bare. I'm sure there was just an invisible feet mod somewhere but this was the only one I could find.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I was checking out the skeleton and bot over on MTS but they (sadly) didn't release the null feet mod as a stand-alone download. Or did they but didn't mention it in the description? That would be nice :smile:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I got it! And the completed outfit looks so very cool! I added the shoes from the mermaid outfit and her feet disappeared (found in shoes, custom content, very easy to spot).

Along with the snake outfit, also download the mermaid outfit by the same creator that is above the snake on this linked page. That's where the shoes are (happy, joy!).

http://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/模拟人生3-sims3/衣服-clothes/其他衣服4/
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    You need to download the zip file for Mr Skeleto. Unzipping it you will find a sim and 3 package files for the custom content to create Mr Skeleto, as listed in the description, but you can just install the nullshoes package.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Since I was all over the place with my posts, I'll try to make more sense in this one.

Download and install SheJing *and* Mermaid from this page:
    http://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/模拟人生3-sims3/衣服-clothes/其他衣服4/ (copy/paste whole link in browser)

Everyday/Use Custom Content filter to make it easier to find the pieces:
    Top is in Tops (2 color choices)
    Snake Tail is in Bottoms (2 color choices)
    Invisible Feet are in Shoes
    Send your Sim to the mirror to change the Hair (gold hair accessory wasn't available for me, but the same style w/o accessory was available).

For the SheJing set, I converted the sims3pack files to .package files and chose to download .package files for the Mermaid outfit.

*If you use the Mermaid set (2 items), you can isolate and keep the invisible feet if you don't want to use the mermaid tail. I did that but I can't duplicate the characters to let you know which one it is.

I took a quick screenshot:
    SheJing_zps446db9fb.jpg

@sirguylittle: The other feet from MTS may work also. I downloaded it and the skeleton does come in pieces. The Null Shoes Nude pkg file is included. I haven't tried them because I have the other file in with my mods/cc and closed out the game for now (but I will try them out later today). Thank you!
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    Sorry for a bit late response but here are the shoes if anyone wants them separately. http://www.mediafire.com/?w68sao9f9mas2cs
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    question was answered
    Post edited by SirCumberbatch on
  • Options
    The tail still does not work even after I converted it to package files. Everything else appears. But not that.