Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval

tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
(Eh, this was Sims 3 era, I'll put this here)

What did you guys think of the game? I personally loved it and wished they continued it but I want to know what you guys thought :)
"I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I very nearly played it again this weekend! Loved it and still do.
    Could have been brilliant if they'd allowed us to build, although I'm a hopeless builder it was very restrictive just having set buildings placed. Getting married seemed totally pointless as you can't control your spouse and they seemed to disappear constantly. Having a child was equally pointless.
    But it has a lot of good points too, beautiful sims, I love the skintone. I really enjoyed the questing and playing the doctor is always fun, hunting for leeches etc. Every now and then I revisit it and like you wished they'd expanded on it.
  • Options
    tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    I very nearly played it again this weekend! Loved it and still do.
    Could have been brilliant if they'd allowed us to build, although I'm a hopeless builder it was very restrictive just having set buildings placed. Getting married seemed totally pointless as you can't control your spouse and they seemed to disappear constantly. Having a child was equally pointless.
    But it has a lot of good points too, beautiful sims, I love the skintone. I really enjoyed the questing and playing the doctor is always fun, hunting for leeches etc. Every now and then I revisit it and like you wished they'd expanded on it.

I agree with what you have said about it, homemaking wasn't very useful or interesting but I also loved the jobs and quests, a couple of expansions like a generations-type one or one with more quests and it could have been an even better game :)
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    I've always been interested about Sims Medieval. I've never played it but I always wanted too (one day, when I have the money I will haha!). Would love to see peoples opinion on it! :)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    I enjoyed Medieval and wish they had continued it, but I heard it wasn't very popular overall.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    I liked it, but i'm a patient sort of person. Did get my healer hero killed by not knowing how to play it (leeches are in green pools in river) and didn't know about patrols to strengthen borders. Eventually got the hang of things (gathering on one hero and giving to another) and started making epic items with strong borders. The game has greater potential that was squandered (this is a recording).
  • Options
    Tom_SimkinsTom_Simkins Posts: 15 Member
    While I loved the feel of the game (Jacoban Theocracy FTW!!!) , the lack of building options and extremely repetitive quests made it playable only in short bursts. I didn't complete most of the Kingdom Quests/Challenges things because I constantly unload, and reload the game. That said, I never got the hang of the dang merchant.
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    I really wish that they would have continued to improve on The Sims Medieval. I never went into the game thinking that it was going to be the same as "The Sims" series so I wasn't disappointed. It's still a great game to play in spurts in between playing the Sims series. I bought Pirates and Nobles but I haven't yet played through that edition.

Within the next week or so I'll be doing a reinstall of my TS3 Store content and Worlds so I won't be playing any of my games until after that's complete. I think that this will be the perfect time to fire up Medieval and start over again with P&N.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,924 Member
    edited September 2014
    When they announced that game I thought all of my prayers had been answered, but hopes were dashed when I found out that there would be no generational play (kids age up, people die). Because, I and everyone that I know that plays "medieval" style does it so that they can create a legacy. I bought the day it came out anyway, because I wanted the game to do well. I played it once maybe for a day, and then never played it again.

It was my biggest disappointment with the franchise and I had had some dooseys.

I hope that they'll one day decide to make a complete game, but somehow I don't think it'll happen. Not anytime soon.
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    You can grow up your child Sims to Adult, but the parent you played to heir it has to die first before it does. Child Succession came in a patch!
  • Options
    @djaygamer, can you still download this patch?
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    Do you have The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles EP, I believe it came with that pack
  • Options
    I have the Pirate game. Cool. Well, that will make a huge difference. To be honest though I think it's still more fun on the other platforms, but will give it a try. Still, want a full Medieval game with a full build mode, farm animals, and so stuff like spinning wheels and butter churners, gardening weather. I won't hold my breath though. :)
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I like it. I don't like the time it takes to travel on foot though. I wish they added horses or teleportation (they did have wizards...) so that it wouldn't take so dang long. My sims were practically starving when they got home from a quest.
  • Options
    eSuperboieSuperboi Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2014
    I really like it (probably because I like RPGs). Too bad EA abandoned it :/
    LAANfKp.jpg
  • Options
    Zanku5Zanku5 Posts: 90 Member
    I played through it once then began the next kingdom and found out the town layout was the same and I didn't like that. It has been awhile since I played it so im probably not explaining well. It was why I stopped playing, but I do think I would play again sometime soon. This thread has me feeling like it a bit.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    LOVED it and it's expansion. I have to say, I wish they would have incorporated more simulation into it. Having this game mixed with the sims aspect of building a house and having a family and continuing with generations, would have been perfect. The careers would be left open for your families to explore instead of confining it to one hero.
    I wrote up an idea in Ideas and Feedback section about sims in different eras and gameplay pertaining to them...

It's located HERE if anyone has any other ideas they'd like to share. :D Please do!
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I too liked the Sims Medieval. It was a nice game to explore annd I loved to use it as medieval ancestors of the sim Legacies I do in the the Sims 3. It makes the game even more fun :joy:. As @Oilbasedoleander said, I too am hoping for another different era spin-off of the sims. It's gives us more stories, more exploration. I'm all for it!
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams