Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    CatMoranCatMoran Posts: 55 Member
    CatMoran wrote: »
    However, Pets comes with some great buy/build stuff that I would miss.
    When we talk about the EPs, we always forget the stuff that comes with them, and focus on the gameplay. The items are important too! But it IS hard to remember what things comes with what EP.

I hadn't thought ITF would be that great for me because I don't really care about visiting the future, but I had wanted to make a glass castle for years, and that EP - along with the Greenhouse and the dance studio - finally allowed me to make it. The studio and greenhouse were needed for the roof, but without ITF I couldn't have made the all-glass walls.

So sometimes an EP will become a favorite, not for the gameplay, but for the items. That's how I feel about Showtime, at least. I don't care about the gameplay, but I love a lot of the stuff that comes with it. :smile:

Phooey, I wasn't thinking about my all-glass buildings when I uninstalled ITF. I hope I don't end up re-installing it just for one window... I know I've still got the 3-wide floor-to-ceiling window after the uninstall (I think it's called the re-gifted window?) but I bet the one-wide is gone.

Bah, humbug.

(I'm also in bed and feeling far too lazy to traipse downstairs and boot up Sims 3 just to check, so this'll end up bugging me until I get home from work tomorrow! lol.)
    I own the store? How'd that happen??
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    Sefned wrote: »
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    It lasted about 5 minutes last time but I know a lot of people are at the point now (based on other deals) that they'll get it free so IMO it will likely go faster than last time but I'm just guessing.

I was thinking of passing it up because I figured there was no way I could afford it but I put the numbers inn the calculator and found out I'll be trying to get it free as well.

I decided to go check on mine too and I should be able to get it free as well, woOt! :) I didn't realize my regular CYS was down to 18xx something points as it is. Oops! :D
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    Street Couture Kids and Teens ended at 11:09pm EDT.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    I got the Boardwalk this time around. (Shhh, I was at work.) :p I missed it when it was 456 points because it came on right around the time I got home from work, and I didn't check right away. Good luck to those who missed it this time, that it will come your way soon.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,010 Member
    I got the Boardwalk this time around. (Shhh, I was at work.) :p I missed it when it was 456 points because it came on right around the time I got home from work, and I didn't check right away. Good luck to those who missed it this time, that it will come your way soon.
    Your secret is safe with us. Many times when I would get the more expensive deal, rather than think of the difference as 285 points, I put it into real dollars $2.85. Makes me feel better.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    I was down to between 300-400 points at the beginning of July, after getting the Mill set. Since then I had earned about 1,500 points on ads, so now I just consider that I got it for free.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    CatMoran wrote: »
    I have enough trouble with deer eating my plants, I don't need to have zombies helping them!

I always fence my plants in and lock it for anyone but the sim I want to tend the garden with, though recently I had my first winter :blush: and any community plant has yet to give havestables after a few days of spring so I'm happy that I decided to keep my plants for my current family indoors with the rugs from ITF

Eep...Sorry to be a Thickie McThickerton, but what is "ITF" short for? (I cannot figure it out)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Mooshygirl wrote: »
    Eep...Sorry to be a Thickie McThickerton, but what is "ITF" short for? (I cannot figure it out)
    Into the Future. :smile:
  • Options
    It is 1:09am Eastern. Haute Hacienda has ended and #523 Full Hewnsman Set is up. :)
    g'nite
  • Options
    Mooshygirl wrote: »
    Into the Future. :smile:

AAAAHHHHHHHHH! Thank you MiaSkywalker!
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Hijacking parents computer just so I can click adds. XD

Hmm, unfortunately, I am getting a crazy amount of blank white broken adds. Crazy. But I have still managed to get a decent amount of working adds too.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Full Hewnsman Set Expired at 3:09 am EDT

Up now - Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hello Everyone! I miss hanging out here with you all 'live.'

@MiaSkywalker - Thank you much for the MMAO Exclusives advice. I'll wait until they eventually offer them all up for free. I did get a 10% offer for Aurora Skies (standard) but I declined because I didn't have enough points. Hoping for a better deal and hoping good holiday sales come our way this year.
    @Jaceigh - Hi *waves* I couldn't believe it but my son and I got home from shopping and stopping for Chinese dinner 15 minutes before The Boardwalk came up! Dinner was held up until the DD ended...and I got it this time! You are really good, I did make cookies before he came over.
    @kellycot1 - You are so spot-on about us liking to collect things. It's still bothering me that my achievement badges are still sitting over on the old site. I want them here, along with the rest of my collections (Games, EPs, SPs, Worlds). I also like collecting things from the Store, and in my games as well.
    @melissam311554 - @MiaSkywalker - @CatMoran - Great reviews and notes on the EPs! Helpful to anyone looking for advice or suggestions as well as players who own the EPs.
    @missy2311 - Hoping that you feel better soon! Those migraines can really take everything out of you. Rest well.

After getting The Boardwalk tonight we ate dinner while we watched 'Day of the Jackal (1973)' My son added that to our Netfix queue and we were either going to watch it tonight, or send it back. We never know what movies or series are going to show up in the mail. *Open Netfix envelope, read title, look at each other with 'You ordered this?' faces...Oh, it was Dave.*

I'm not liking not being on the computer as much this week. Things will get back to normal next week and I'll be popping in here all hours of the day and night. I waited until everyone was in bed for the night (my son is sleeping over) and then I went looking for ads and caught up (mostly) with the DD thread. After I get some Five Star ads, I'm going to have to get some sleep too.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday! :smiley:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    graphshopper1graphshopper1 Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hey, I've discovered something: there is a free link to the "Annie's well organized shelf" (it normally costs 25 SP, but there is another link to the store!). So people who want this item can grab it for free! And it helps with the CYS! ;) Here is the link: (it should be free) http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18100&startAt=0&back=purchaseHistory
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Hey, I've discovered something: there is a free link to the "Annie's well organized shelf" (it normally costs 25 SP, but there is another link to the store!). So people who want this item can grab it for free! And it helps with the CYS! ;) Here is the link: (it should be free) http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18100&startAt=0&back=purchaseHistory
    Awesome! I didn't realise this weird double-item was still around. Thank you for sharing.

Are you sure it helps with CYS though? I do remember getting that one free, but I could've sworn that since it's actually a duplicate of the item (like having the two choc fountains, or Date Night sets) that it didn't count. I'm almost positive it didn't back when I was still chasing the UL sets.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    Once upon a time cottage - quaint cooker stove expired
    storybook bathroom set also expired
    Post edited by angeljess26 on
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I got that shelf free at some point too, definitely did help CYS
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    SefnedSefned Posts: 295 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »
    I got that shelf free at some point too, definitely did help CYS

Yep.I stumbled across alistof free items and picked it up from there. It counted toward the set.

Jenny. It's easier to pronounce than Sefned. ;)
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    A little bit fishy ended at 10:02am EDT.
    Beach Bummin' is up now.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    A little bit fishy sold out with about 15 mins left at about 3 mins past the hour.
    Number 528 beach bummin' is now up.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    I missed A LIttle Bit Fishy by two minutes?!
    I thought it'd be long over so imagine my surprise when I see this... if I'd just opened the DD page three minutes earlier... why do I keep doing that.
    Oh well I guess.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Thanks @Devalaous and @Sefned for confirming. I could've sworn it didn't count, but that was so long ago now it's hard to remember. I do know I originally got the shelf (not the set) way back before CYS even existed, so maybe that confused me. My brain just ain't thinking like it used to already!

Well, go and get it, DD stalkers! CYS is awaiting! :p
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,010 Member
    I had typed the note to the team last night but I guess I did not hit the post button. I was likely half asleep at my computer. I see the deals are being posted. I will update during my lunch.

@ spreadsheet team - I am clocking out. I have updated the spreadsheet to the start of the Quaint Cottage Stove I will not be able to update for another 9 hours. I would appreciate if people can post the ending times of the deals.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Since getting the Boardwalk, I have had 4 ads that worked. Before the Boardwalk and after the Mill, I had over 1842 SP from ads. Maybe the ads are boycotting me :(
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Since getting the Boardwalk, I have had 4 ads that worked. Before the Boardwalk and after the Mill, I had over 1842 SP from ads. Maybe the ads are boycotting me :(

half the adds we are getting right now are the broken white adds anyway, so 4 working adds is better than 5 broken ones XD
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!