Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights item Missing!

I own the Gold Edition of Roaring Heights, and it is installed, just to preface this. While I can easily find the Round-A-Bout Wall in the windows section, I cannot find the Round-A-Bought Glass Wall anywhere in the windows section, or in any other section of my game. Its just not there. This issue only just discovered as I'm trying to install @Kgaff 's wonderful Cookies and Milk house and it inserts random other wall/window items in that object's place. Another item also missing is the Arc of the World Bay Window, also from RH. In fact, I'm starting to suspect a TON of these items are not present in my install. :/ Help me! What do I do?
Jenny

Doop Dee Doop

Comments

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Have you tried to install it again through the launcher? Usually if you install a set, it will install what is missing, if you had only single items before. Maybe it will pick up the missing items.

You could also go through the installed files in the launcher and see if the items are there and you just can't find them in the catalog. Did you check roof decorations? Or maybe they are only available as community items. I only have Lucky Palms installed and couldn't find some rocks, that I just discovered under the misc. community items tab.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @strangeseraph, I'm glad you like the Cookies and Milk house and sorry you are having trouble with it. You might want to try re-downloading from your downloads dashboard while in game, that's how I installed it, The windows are all found in the windows tab in build mode. I even went in game and placed it in a different world on a different lot and it all worked fine for me. I hope you can get it installed because its kind of neat lot to play if I do say so myself. ;)
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited September 2014
    Oh, I completely missed that the windows didn't show up on the house you downloaded. So they couldn't have been hiding anywhere in the catalog. Those windows look great, I hope you can make them show up. I will take a look at that lot now, even though I don't have Roaring Heights yet.

ETA: That's a great looking lot. What a cool way to use those windows.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @strangeseraph, I'm glad you like the Cookies and Milk house and sorry you are having trouble with it. You might want to try re-downloading from your downloads dashboard while in game, that's how I installed it, The windows are all found in the windows tab in build mode. I even went in game and placed it in a different world on a different lot and it all worked fine for me. I hope you can get it installed because its kind of neat lot to play if I do say so myself. ;)

Still not able to get them. It might be something wrong with the download files or my computer, the launcher has been behaving very badly lately. I did manage to fix things up in my own way. I converted the cookies into two chocolate cakes, with a big 'candle' on top. At least I was able to find a proper replacement window for the glass of milk. I dunno why things messed up. I have a lot of lots two that I have to reinstall after I buy the right content otherwise it'll replace the missing objects anyways.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2014
    @strangeseraph - If you haven't already, check to make sure that you have the items properly installed. Just look for them in build/buy mode. If the objects are properly installed, you won't need to reinstall RH.

@Kgaff - When you uploaded the lot, where the files for all of the objects that you used in your DCBackup folder (at the time of upload)? If they weren't present in that folder, that may be a reason why strangeseraph is having items replaced.

Edited to correct folder name: DCBackup

Second thought: I wonder if the download/install order might cause something like this. Install RH first, then install the lot after.
    Post edited by MarLin114 on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    Thanks @MarLin114 but it was because they weren't in build/buy mode that I posted this. I did install RH first before installing the lot and nothing. I just installed RH again and I still can't find the objects, even if I go into an empty log in Roaring Heights and go look for the specific object. Nothing.

I'm bothered by this, but not enough to worry too much. Other lots seem to have this objects are part of the build. I just don't know why I can't build with it.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop