Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    I just realized that Club Vaindenburger will be around 45 sps for me..ugh, I guess I'm staying up after all. ;)
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    @trithone I think mine is probably around that too. I'm still missing 5 worlds, 1 of which I want the gold version, and a lot of the store. Watching the dd and sales to try and get stuff for as cheap as possible since all my points are coming from the ads which I don't get that many a day. What is the best way to get worlds cheaper?

@Jaceigh I hope you get the Club Vaindenburger.

I have seen 3 more ads tonight that paid me points bring my total to 5 ads today. I had 3 others that decided not to give me points. Good night everybody. Hope everybody gets the deals there wanting overnight. :)
  • Options
    @wittanthony1 Thank you for the well wishes! I just had several ads go wonky on me too. Maybe tomorrow they'll be a little more forthcoming for folks. Rest well :)
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited September 2014
    The Barrier to Entry System is on sale for 391 simpoints but would usually be 536 simpoints - if I bought it on sale, would I get a bigger CYS discount than the money I paid?

Yes, the additional discount should be more than you paid. The tips in the first post state buying anything with at least a 10% discount is helpful for your CYS price. I am not entirely sure, if that is true here, because of how the value of a venue is calculated, but I would buy the entry on sale first.

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @wittanthony1 - I haven't seen very many ads on my own account, but I've gotten quite a few on my friend's. She needs them more than I do, and I'm generally more aggressive about hunting for them for her, so that's OK with me. :smile: It seems to very day by day. You may see more tomorrow.
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Then moment when you stop half way through your workout to check the DD. Lol! Oops! :P
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    I cant believe I lost the Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles deal.I would be able to get the whole set for free :'(
  • Options
    MissTery532MissTery532 Posts: 10 New Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    The Barrier to Entry System is on sale for 391 simpoints but would usually be 536 simpoints - if I bought it on sale, would I get a bigger CYS discount than the money I paid?

Yes, the additional discount should be more than you paid. The tips in the first post state buying anything with at least a 10% discount is helpful for your CYS price. I am not entirely sure, if that is true here, because of how the value of a venue is calculated, but I would buy the entry on sale first.

Thanks so much, I will probably buy that then :) Plus, I think the Barrier System is the best part of the entire compilation anyway ;)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Nautical Living expired at 1:23 AM EST (duration 120 minutes)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2014
    Geez after getting the club vaindenburger sets I have 86% of the gentlemen's lounge and they still want another 115 simpoints....is there a lot with that set or something? Like the one that comes with the monarch suite?
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @wittanthony1 - Some of the worlds are available for real money. If I had the option, I bought those on Origin sales at 50% off or better. Sadly, I don't think worlds ever appear on the DD. I guess at that point if they are only available for sp it is all about saving up points from ads for a long time.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    @ Spreadsheet team - I can clock in now.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    @wittanthony1 - Some of the worlds are available for real money. If I had the option, I bought those on Origin sales at 50% off or better. Sadly, I don't think worlds ever appear on the DD. I guess at that point if they are only available for sp it is all about saving up points from ads for a long time.

I got Sunlit Tides on the DD last year during the cyber monday sales I'm pretty sure. So maybe if they do those specials again this year there may be a world included.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    Welp, got Happily Ever After and Club Vaindenburger along with some other small deals on the DD earlier, did little things here and there, worked out, and showerd. I'm thinking today/tonight was a success. :P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    AnomilyMiyuAnomilyMiyu Posts: 132 Member
    Grats Jennalsghost. I got Live Laugh Love today. Happily Ever After clothing too. I noticed that the parts for the house are going to be comming up over the next couple of days so I'll probably pick those up to get the once upon a time cottage. Then work on make a wish.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    Thanks so much, I will probably buy that then :) Plus, I think the Barrier System is the best part of the entire compilation anyway ;)
    I agree. In Sims 2 with the OFB expansion, I used to make community lots where Sims paid a fee just to be on the lot and have fun. I would have all sorts of skilling and fun things for them to do. This item allows you to do something similar. It replaced what was for me the most important part of that expansion. :smile:

And I'm not wording things well because I'm suddenly coming down with a cold and not feeling well. Ugh. Off to bed with me, I think.
  • Options
    Really hope we make it to the World Carosel before the list flips.
  • Options
    Sorry your not feeling well Mia.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm debating staying alert to catch Hewnsman. I have nothing happening tomorrow that can't be pushed until later in the day. That way I don't have to worry about catching it the second time when I might have something else going on. Okay, basically I just sat here and talked myself into it. *rolls eyes* I'm guessing this isn't an uncommon thing in the DD community. :D

ETA: It'll be free..that's what triggers the nail biting crazy person syndrome. ;)
  • Options
    Feel better Mia <3
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Missed Club Vaindenburger by half an hour *yawn*
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,010 Member
    missy2311 wrote: »
    @ Spreadsheet team - I can clock in now.
    Thanks Catherine.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Grats Jennalsghost. I got Live Laugh Love today. Happily Ever After clothing too. I noticed that the parts for the house are going to be comming up over the next couple of days so I'll probably pick those up to get the once upon a time cottage. Then work on make a wish.

Congrats on getting the sets you want too! :)
    I'm planning on doing the same. I'm such a sucker for picking up individual pieces of a set and hoping I get the rest for a good deal later. Haha!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    SefnedSefned Posts: 295 Member
    The baby woke up to eat so I hopped on here. Looks like the only thing I missed that I would have bought was the Happily Ever After clothing. Oh well, I'll just keep working on it piece by piece.

And back to be with me now. Night, again.
    Jenny. It's easier to pronounce than Sefned. ;)
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2014
    If anyone has ever played a vampire you'll know what I mean...

*Picture the body language and facial expression when 'confessing to being a vampire.' I have that now.
    I only learned tonight that even though the Barrier to Entry System (PC currently on Sale!) doesn't count as CYS toward purchasing Le Cinema Plumbob, it does count toward the purchase of the March 2013 Compilation. I bought the PC tonight and then verified that the cost of the compilation did go down. After an awful round of MMAO offers, I couldn't stand it...I bought the compilation. I know that I could have waited for the venue to be reduced even more, but something took over, I lost my mind and hit the Buy Now button. It was an impulse buy, but at the time I was satisfied with the final cost, and I so needed to scratch something off my 'I need' list. I already owned L.L.L.

I'll be checking to see if there's a local 'Impulse Shoppers Anonymous' meeting tomorrow :smiley:

I'm so happy to be going through the thread and catching up with everyone's news (TS3 store, personal news, shared worlds, chatting, it's all great). My partner is on vacation/holiday this week, starting today. We'll be staying home most of the week, trying to catch up with as much as we can before he goes back to work next Sunday. Ugh, I am so going to miss rushing around like a mad woman in the late evening making it look like I accomplished more than I actually did before he gets home from work around 11:30pm. What a rush! LOL!

As of right now, I am not sure who cleaned up most of our Abuse/Spam/Disagree reports. It had to be one of three choices, or a combination of more than one.
    1). Tech Responders (if they have that ability)
    2). Moderators
    3). The person who placed them went post to post and removed them (as we know, this can be done).

I'm still thinking about tonight's MMAO offerings. After getting that shirt for free the other night, I'm getting awful discounts of 7% to 20% and most of them are on the rest of the Exclusive store items. I'll pass. I need to build up my SimPoints again after getting the cinema. Starting over is hard *cry* (jk).

Hoping that you feel better soon Mia! And wishing everyone a good night and a great day!
    a.k.a. - Linda