March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills Bills Bills

I understand that bills are based off your lifestyle and job, but why are they so expensive when you only make $37 an hour and live in a little cheap house with barely anything in it? It's like they want your power and everything else to be shut off, which is completely unfair. It's kinda getting too close to life. Lol

Comments

• kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Do you have expensive items in your inventory, as this can also make the bills expensive?

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Simsislife5799Simsislife5799 Posts: 22 New Member
    I don't have the game because I'm on mac. But from watching some people on YouTube and everyone who live streams the amount of money they have to pay is ridiculous. And they really only have basic items nothing fancy.
  • HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    tumblr_ln3v1o7Uts1qi8rx4o1_r1_500.gif
    Sorry... I just had to!
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I kind of like the outrageous bills....it's like real life, just when you think you're caught up........BAM there comes the mail man!
  • MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I kind of like the outrageous bills....it's like real life, just when you think you're caught up........BAM there comes the mail man!

We can always kill him, right? B)
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I am worried about doing a homeless challenge.lol
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    tumblr_ln3v1o7Uts1qi8rx4o1_r1_500.gif
    Sorry... I just had to!

Darn you! I was going to link the song
    *feels useless*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiF6-0UTqtc
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    @shellbeme it's just difficult to give your sim a good life when they're worried about money all the time,especially when you don't wanna cheat.
    @shellbeme it's just difficult to give your sim a good life when they're worried about money all the time,especially when you don't wanna cheat.

I agree! It's just like when I'm ready to buy that new wide screen TV but doh! Car insurance is due :( I know, I know, who wants RL frustration in a game....
    @shellbeme what's RL?
  • DiSoAngelDiSoAngel Posts: 746 Member
    My bills are all managable. When I started though I did not upgrade any of the items that came with the furnished house. I would wait till promotions to upgrade. Bills have been super easy for me.
    @shellbeme what's RL?

real life :)
    @DiSoAngel well you've been blessed and you're lucky. How many sims are in your household?
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello!

I actually thought the same thing until I remembered that in the previous games we received bills twice a week and if you added them together they would be about the same as they are now. Sims 2 & 3 both based the bills on what you owned, higher priced objects, higher bills. Same here just once a week is all. They are slightly higher due to inflation! :p

Happy Simming!! :D
    @shellbeme oh lol. Wasn't able to put 2 and 2 together
    @Terrylin lol you really just went all social studies and current event on me. I like that. Well I hope you're not having that much of a problem with your bills.
    @simsislife5799 Just one currently. She is focused on her career after she gets to level 10 of her career (she is at level 9 :)) Then she will date and get married. Its all very exciting and addicting.
    edited September 2014
    Also ironically my sim is based off of Beyoncé lol.
    Hopefully her aging is off because that has had to have taken up all of her time. But good luck I've heard there are a lot of sims out there and good luck with those bills. @DiDoAngel
    @DiSoAngel that's so cool. When the game comes out for mac thar was the first thing I was gonna do
    Yep everyone's aging is off. They were dying off like flies @simsislife5799
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    @Simsislife5799 LOL Just trying to bring perspective to the bills! :p

No not having any problems as of yet. Will not cheat and my sims are moving up in their jobs and furnishing at a steady pace!! ;) I did get a notice that my elec was going to be turned of though! :o Sim was busy romancing and forgot to pay the bills! LOL paid quickly but should have let them go just to see what happens!! ;)
    @DiSoAngel yea they do die fast. Did any of your townies age up and die?
    @Terrylin that's smart and good luck with your game.
    @simsislife5799 not sure if anyone died...I saw her friend turn into and old man in her relationship tab and immediately turned the aging off so none of the friends she made would die.