Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Style Home Challenge

Hay guys! I thought I'd start a challenge and see how it fairs off. Me personally I love Modern style homes as well as ultra modern style homes. I know a lot of you mostly stick to more old fashion/traditional style homes but how about giving this challenge a try?

I know there's a lot of sites out there that build homes like these but let's face it. Most sites like that us CC to make them look good! So of course they will look way better. But let's see what you guys can build!

Rules:

This is a simple challenge. Build a 20th Century (1900-2000) Modern style house of any of the 3 subtypes.

Subtyps:

Traditional Modern Style.

Fall2010Lakehouse.jpg

A traditional modern style homes is basically a mix of both old fashione style homes and modern style homes put together as you can see in the image above. That is a traditional style home with a modern look to it.

Contemporary Modern style.

ghd436-fr-re-co.jpg

This is your typical modern style house as shown above.

Ultra Modern Style.

impressive-ultra-modern-lovely-homes-design-comes-true-with-extraordinary-concept.jpg

Ultra modern style is simply a more fancy upscale style of modern style homes as shown above.

the house can be on any size lot . It must be CC free! No odd content and must be either a common modern style house, a Traditional Modern Style or a Ultra Modern style. Post at least one picture of your build.

I too will be taking part in this so I hope to see what you guys have to build.

Comments

• VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Challenge accepted! Right after this weekend, I will brain storm! I'm not a great builder, but this will be great practice and more reason to keep playing TS4 :D Can't wait to see your creations!
  • OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    This sounds like fun! :)
  • _Tavoris08__Tavoris08_ Posts: 187 Member
    Then by all means take the challenge. You don't have to be good at building hents why it's a challenge. All are welcome. ^_^
    edited September 2014
    Hay guys i hope your enjoying the challenge and again cant wait to see what you all have built. Here is my build. I call it the Pearl-Lux

This is a 20th Century Contemporary Modern style home. This wonderful style home was built for up to 2 sims and sports 2 living room areas as well as an out door patio. This home runs at about 30k simolions and is fit for the fancy or even that artistic sim. This home is not how ever a starter home and is not made to sport a big family. This home is best used with single sims or a couple sims.

I'm still not quite done with it yet so its not on the gallery yet. But i will have it up as soon as i'm done with it. :) once i do get it up you can check out these and other pics on my blog sims3moderliving.blogspot.com

09-05-14_1-47nbspAM_zps2f92e589.png

09-05-14_1-46nbspAM-2_zps26ea24cb.png

09-05-14_7-55nbspAM-3_zpsa6f5a36c.png

09-05-14_7-56nbspAM_zps1cc82771.png

09-05-14_8-02nbspAM_zps2c22cd23.png

09-05-14_8-02nbspAM-2_zpsb90a87d2.png

09-05-14_8-04nbspAM_zps33220123.png

09-05-14_8-08nbspAM_zpsccda168e.png

09-05-14_8-05nbspAM_zps5429a515.png

09-05-14_8-05nbspAM-3_zps1749b95e.png

09-05-14_8-08nbspAM-2_zps7c8688d8.png

09-05-14_8-05nbspAM-2_zps77106c58.png

09-05-14_8-03nbspAM_zpsecd18b83.png

09-05-14_7-56nbspAM-2_zpsbe5707f1.png

09-05-14_1-46nbspAM_zps432aabe2.png
    Very nice, love the placing of the windows. The room flows very nicely, I'm a fan of ranch type layouts both in live game and irl. The dining area not being an actual dining table set is so true to life for me. We rarely use our dining table and often sit on the couch since we have a massive coffee table anyways lol. Dining table is only for holidays for us. I would actually live in that house irl :D Our realtor called me crazy when I was stern on looking at small ranch homes vs large homes, so much cozier and easier to clean up! Great for neat freak sims that's for sure.

I can't wait to start building my entry for you next week!
    Veriona wrote: »
    Very nice, love the placing of the windows. The room flows very nicely, I'm a fan of ranch type layouts both in live game and irl. The dining area not being an actual dining table set is so true to life for me. We rarely use our dining table and often sit on the couch since we have a massive coffee table anyways lol. Dining table is only for holidays for us. I would actually live in that house irl :D Our realtor called me crazy when I was stern on looking at small ranch homes vs large homes, so much cozier and easier to clean up! Great for neat freak sims that's for sure.

I can't wait to start building my entry for you next week!

hehe i cant wait to see. :) Also the Pearl-lux is up in the gallery if you want to have it in your game. Just type "Pearl-lux' in the search bar or search my Origin ID "DarkkSkyrow" and you should fined it. hope you enjoy and have fun.

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I like the placement of the windows also! A very sleek and affordable build for a Sim!
    5sXtTqH.png
    Here is my entry:

It does have one small set of balloons which I didn't realize was from the Up All Night pack.

09-05-14_4-07nbspPM-5_zps4922c99b.png

09-05-14_4-06nbspPM-4_zps52e3406c.png
    5sXtTqH.png
  • KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Great challenge! The home I just completed is a mid-century modern. Here is The Celeste...

09_05_14_8_09_PM.png

09_05_14_8_11_PM.png

09_05_14_8_12_PM.png

09_05_14_8_12_PM_2.png

09_05_14_8_12_PM_3.png
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

all wonderful builds! keep up the good work guys :)
    @KaylyRed - love the brickwork in the kitchen!
    5sXtTqH.png
    Hopefully I got this challenge right, but here is my build... couldn't wait after the weekend. This is my first challenge ever as I never felt confident so let me know if there is anything I need to correct. Be more than happy to start from scratch! :D

singlestarterhome_zps5ffd84a3.jpg
    singlestarterhome1_zps272c0347.jpg
    singlestarterhome2_zps93c52bcb.jpg

Had a lot of fun and it ended up qualifying as a starter home, score! Loving everyone's creation so far!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Pearl lux is a very nice home @_Tavoris08_ The roofing is great! It looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in to the home and have great views of the outdoors through the windows. Great back outdoors patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors in the sunshine at the table. It looks nice how you have placed the plants on the edges of the home . Nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home. Great living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofas reading a book, and warming up in front of the fire.. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases either side of the fireplace. The pictures on the walls in the master bedroom are nice for sims to see when laying in bed. It looks nice how you have done the corner of glass windows in the bedroom. Great tv watching area. It looks great how you have angled the tv in the corner of the room.
    It is a great home :)
    I have posted about the other homes in this thread in their other threads.
  • tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    > @Veriona said:
    > Hopefully I got this challenge right, but here is my build... couldn't wait after the weekend. This is my first challenge ever as I never felt confident so let me know if there is anything I need to correct. Be more than happy to start from scratch!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Had a lot of fun and it ended up qualifying as a starter home, score! Loving everyone's creation so far!

You naild it! It's a perfect home, nice style great size and very low price for it to be a starter home. Love the color choices as well as the furniture on the inside. Good placement of objects making the room flow smooth. Good job :smile:
    Tj08-2-1.jpg
  • tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    bump
    Tj08-2-1.jpg