Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotating the camera angle?

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before; I did just scroll through a whole load of pages and couldn't see one similar. Basically my game arrived today, and I'm enjoying it so far but I can't work out how to rotate the camera? I can zoom in and out perfectly fine, but how do you rotate the camera to see them from a different angle?

Thanks if anyone could help!

Comments

• simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    hold down middle mouse button and move mouse
  • loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    You can also turn on sims 3 camera mode then when you click on the camera on the top right you get to rotate, however if you like top views or anything like that the middle mouse button is the best option :)
  • hypemerchanthypemerchant Posts: 132 Member
    Alternatively you can use the , and . (aka < and >) keys.
    Simsig.png
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello!

I just set it to sims 3 camera then use tab to set the angle I want. Hit tab adjust the angle then hit tab again to set it.

Hope this helps! :)
  • mel_d_1992mel_d_1992 Posts: 85 New Member
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm about to play again now :)
  • mel_d_1992mel_d_1992 Posts: 85 New Member
    Thanks for all the advice, it worked :)
  • Elaine1252Elaine1252 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't know if what I'm about to say is completely relevant to the topic or not, but I recently noticed that when you try to zoom, the angle changes height and it automatically zooms out when you're about to get close to the Sim/item you want to see. I don't know if you understand what I'm saying and if this has happened to anyone else.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    I don't know if what I'm about to say is completely relevant to the topic or not, but I recently noticed that when you try to zoom, the angle changes height and it automatically zooms out when you're about to get close to the Sim/item you want to see. I don't know if you understand what I'm saying and if this has happened to anyone else.

Try using TS3 camera mode rather than TS4. Change the camera setting at the top right hand corner of the screen when in live mode.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Okay, what about the middle mouse button for people who use laptops without a mouse? I Know I should but I don't feel the need to for Sims
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Okay, what about the middle mouse button for people who use laptops without a mouse? I Know I should but I don't feel the need to for Sims

I don't know, sorry. I play it on laptop but I use a mouse.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I mostly do use the Sims 3 camera, but the Sims 4 camera does have its uses, so I like to switch between them.

If you are playing a fairly large household and you are letting the game run on autonomy and you want to quickly switch between following different sims, then sims 4 camera is the best, IMO. When switching, the first angle it gets is usually better than the sims3 one. For fine camera control, the sims 3 camera wins hands down. Also the Sims 4 camera hides the non existent ceilings :)

My main complaint is that there isn't any consistency for the rotation control, 3 uses middle button, 4 right mouse button. They should be the same and the game doesn't allow you to remap them - plays havoc with my muscle memory when switching between 'em!

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • madladisonmadladison Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a problem (potentially similar to this ) with the camera too. I used to be able to rotate it perfectly fine but I think I pressed something, because now, whenever I want to rotate my camera out of build mode, a camera with four arrows going either way appears as the cursor.
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    > @hypemerchant said:
    > Alternatively you can use the , and . (aka < and >) keys.

Does people with English qwerty have . and , on > and < ? I've seen guides saying > and < rotates the camera but I had to try and myself find out it's . and ,. > and < is on the same key on my keyboard.
    I wish guides would write which is the actual symbol that does the thing, and not what symbol is on the same key, because it can be different.