Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windows always white?

MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
I've noticed that for all of my windows, the base color is ALWAYS white. I can choose white with brown shutters, or white with green shutters, or white with white shutters... but I can't change the actual frame?

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Comments

• CmnshtrCmnshtr Posts: 1,221 Member
    I noticed the same thing... hopefully someone will answer!
    h2xmsbl
  • MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I know it's possible. I'm pretty sure that @ruthless_kk's houses in the other thread have wood coloring, or other dark coloring.

I just can't figure out HOW. I'm sure it's something simple.
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2014
    There is a small menu thing for the color options when you select a window...just like there is in clothing. Click on it to make them bigger....

Some windows have limited colors...mostly white with colored accents but some have darker frames. Just have to look to see which ones.

window.png

4902d188-c4fe-42b8-91eb-d77b1a7c3912.png

Unfortunately, this is a downside to using presets and no color wheel. They already decided which windows should have which options. At least there IS a lot of white...it can at least be neutral.
    @ruthless_kk: Yeah, but all of those are white!

M8a0F84.jpg
    Yeah...I wasnt done with my post when I hit enter. :) There are a lot of windows that only have a white and then color as an accent....but there are those that do have dark frames. Just not every style.
    edited September 2014
    Hm. Oh well. Thanks for the info!

I would love if EA released a "Body Shop" style program for Build mode. (Or for CAS, for that matter). That way we still have a limited number of textures and layers to load (unlike the infinity of TS3), but still could get some easier customization. I like modding, but for simple stuff like window frame colors, that seems like an unnecessary amount of work...
    I am hoping for the same thing. It would help a lot if there was an easy EA made program to recolor stuff.