Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stairs??

simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
I seem to be having a problem with stairs. When try to make them wider they wont adjust. I grab the arrow but they don"t move also I thought the railing around the deck would disappear directly in front of the stairs when you place stairs but it is not.

Comments

• ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    The railing doesnt seem to be meant disappear...you have to delete it.

I have not had a problem with making stairs wider, but there does seem to be a bit of a delay between when I pull the arrow and when the stair adjusts. I wonder if there is something in the way nearby that is preventing it from widening?
  • LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    For the railing to disappear, make sure your stairs are flush against the deck not one tile away.

There's two ways the stairs "snap" to a deck: 1) one where you've got the green routing tile butting up against the deck and the top step is technically one tile away from the deck (which seems to be default) and 2) one where the top step of the stairs is butting against the deck and the "routing tile" is *on* the deck (just move the stairs closer to the deck until the top step is flush).

The second option is the one that automatically removes the railing.

As for the widening of the stairs... I've noticed the lag time between when I drag my mouse and when the steps move too. Also make sure the arrow *knows* you're dragging it and not that it's actually close to the arrow (ie. make sure arrow is enlarged and highlighted when you click/drag).

Hope that helps. :)
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Thank you, I think I need to play around with it some more. I admit I was anxious to play and like 1 hour into making my house, lol. Thanks again.