Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny Book Titles

SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
Every Sims game has them. Have you spotted any funny titles in Sims 4 yet?

I've seen a few. The one that really caught my attention was a children's book that has to be a parody of "How I met Your Mother", it was called "How I Dumped Your Father." It gave me a nice little chuckle.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    Ohh I did see a few that made me LOL but now I can't remember what they were. Will have to look when I go back in game.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    "Atlas Hugged"

:D
  • AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    Bwhahaha... :D Gotta love the creativity when making book titles. It's the little things that make this game so enjoyable.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    In my Sim's bookcase: "The Lord of the Swings" and, "Point-Farmer No More: The Downfall of Grant Rodiek" - heh, heh! That was brave! :p
  • Kristen4810Kristen4810 Posts: 243 Member
    "The Sauntering Dead" made me chuckle
  • gingsnapgingsnap Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2014
    Where the Boardwalk Ends? A spoof from my favorite poem book when I was a kid.
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    I liked the fitness skill book called "Put down the milkshake"
    Bwahahaa :D Can't wait to play my game first time tomorrow!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Read the blurbs, too -- like the Lord of the Swings is about a playground bully, Byron, and the One Swing, and brave Eduardo.
    Other titles -- The Glutton Spiel and The Plunder Games.
    Also the authors' names are quite funny. For example, the author for "Mixology Vol. 1: Beverage Basics" is Alfred Coholic and if you shorten the name for Al you'll get Al Coholic. It's quite funny for a mixology book :D
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    gingsnap wrote: »
    Where the Boardwalk Ends? A spoof from my favorite poem book when I was a kid.

I loved Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shell Silverstein . that had some awesome poems in it .
  • VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Werewolf Journals? :D
    ... jinkies oO
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I actually made a post on my Simblr about these last night.

tumblr_nbdiqmUAPb1rzq92mo1_500.png
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Mondain38Mondain38 Posts: 235 Member
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    The one that really caught my attention was a children's book that has to be a parody of "How I met Your Mother", it was called "How I Dumped Your Father."

>:D >:D >:D "How I Dumped Your Father"! >:D >:D >:D
  • Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    I actually made a post on my Simblr about these last night.

tumblr_nbdiqmUAPb1rzq92mo1_500.png

Ok, I did not know about the Game of Thrones Parody book titles. The author names are also funny!

• iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    I've been working on a list of this very subject. Here's what I've found so far...

How I Dumped Your Father = How I Met Your Mother
    The First Unicorn = The Last Unicorn
    The Little Train That Couldn't = The Little Engine That Could
    The Lord of the Swings = The Lord of the Rings
    Where the Boardwalk Ends = Where the Sidewalk Ends
    A Game of Groans = A Game of Thrones
    A Game of Musical Chairs: A Song of Hot and Cold = A Game of Thrones: A Song of Fire and Ice
    Atlas Hugged = Atlas Shrugged
    Charlotte's Pig = Charlotte's Web
    The Frequently Ending Story = The Neverending Story
    Twelve or so Swatches of WooHoo = Fifty Shades of Grey
    The Chronicles of Rodiek = The Chronicles of 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    The Plunder Games = The Hunger Games
    The Sauntering Dead = The walking Dead

I know Crisis Barn is a parody of something familiar, but I can't remember what.
    I'm pretty sure it's not Crisis Core, but something else entirely.
    9ndehwc.png
    Somehow auto-correct got stupid on me and changed "Chronicles of 🐸🐸🐸🐸" to "plum" (unless it was some bizarre censorship algorithm).
    9ndehwc.png
    Yeah, it got censored. I'm sure most people know I mean that Vin Diesel sci-fi movie. I give up trying to write it.
    9ndehwc.png
    The more parodies, in-jokes and pop-culture references I notice, the more shocked and amused I get. Like, just today, I noticed one of my favourite mirrors is called "The Swish and Flick", an obvious reference to the wand movement used in the Wingardium Leviosa charm in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
    9ndehwc.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited August 2018
    @iamsweetmystery The Bladder Games are also a joke about Hunger Games. I think in one of the synopsis there's a joke about "How many of these did we do?" And apperently The Glutton Spiel is also a Hunger Games thing

Lucas Dark and the Series of ... is probably a parody of the "Series of Unfortunate Events"

The Swift and the Angriest" is a reference to The Fast and the Furious.

Princess Plumbob's Castle-> Mario game

Toy Tales=Toy Story
    6adMCGP.gif
    Yeah, the Lucas Dark book is a parody of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Almost every book (except maybe skill books) seems a parody of something. Any I don't know may be one's I've simply never heard of. The list is just too big. These Maxis chaps have a very overactive sense of humour (not that I'm complaining). This game makes me laugh a lot. The slapstick moment's, pop culture jokes, etc. I'm glad this game doesn't take itself seriously. It takes the edge off the mundane stuff.
    9ndehwc.png
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    There’s another Fifty Shades reference as well: The Fifty Shades on my Windows. Then there’s (I may not have the titles exactly right because I’m saying these off the top of my head) The Adventures of Raymundo, which is a reference to Raymundo’s Travels in TS3. There’s also the Point Farmer books which I can’t remember the actual titles to at the moment, but the one in TS4 is clearly a sequel of the one from TS3 (and they star Grant Rodiek, one of the creators of the games).
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
    Raymundo's Travels is itself a parody as well. It's a parody of Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift.
    9ndehwc.png
    Orbital Pudding = Space Jam

This one had me stumped for the longest time trying to figure it out!

(Also, I’m convinced Crisis Barn is a parody of SOMETHING. I just can’t figure out what.)
    Apologies for double posting, but I just came across all the default titles for written books on the wiki and found SO many more pop culture references in titles I haven’t even seen in game yet:

Goodnight, Night Light = Goodnight, Moon
    One Sun, Two Sun, Ahh! Sun = One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
    The Werewolf Journals = The Vampire Diaries
    Apocalypse Tomorrow = Apocalypse Now
    Injure Will = Kill Bill
    Temple Exploration for Dumb Dumbs = parody of “For Dummies” series
    One Fell Out of the Cuckoo’s Nest = One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
    House of Cardio = House of Cards
    Handiness Is a Warm (Glue) Gun = Happiness is a Warm Gun

Here’s the list, if anyone wants to take a stab at it. I know I’ve missed at least a few:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books_in_The_Sims_4
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top