Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    @BuildnShare a room challenge would be nice for those of us who can't do the main challenge - i had to stop in sims 3 cos of work, but bet i could manage an occasional room. :D
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Great to see interest already! :) Hope you all have fun with The Sims 4 and this challenge! I have to wait till Thursday to get started and then I will join you in the fun. UK has to wait till Friday and I'm sure they will join us in the fun then too!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • onikisuonikisu Posts: 12 New Member
    > @onikisu said:
    > I'm so eager to start that I have already created an architecture agency called Jade Prism Design Co.
    My oh my, how unexpected.
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'll love to be participating again and see what others will make! I think The Sims 4 will enable a lot of players to create wonderful things. Also curious in getting into custom content, as it was announced it would be easier to do.
    :'( And I'll have to wait until Friday to start playing, if my graphics card can do it, as it's very old now...
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    I am glad to see this up and running already! I do not know if you meant to keep the original link to where the judges posted their results (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279926.page) or not...since those forums are 'read' only now. Will there be a new thread/discussion for feedback?
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to participate in these challenges! I'm already dreaming up my design firm's location, the logo, and the Sim I want to use to represent me. So very excited!
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    So excited :) My copy is downloading as we speak!
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    So exciting! I have to wait until I get home from work tonight to start playing, but I have tomorrow off, and Sims is all I have planned!
    I look forward to participating once again in these challenges!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I am glad to see this up and running already! I do not know if you meant to keep the original link to where the judges posted their results (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279926.page) or not...since those forums are 'read' only now. Will there be a new thread/discussion for feedback?

Fixed that, the correct link is now been updated to the Sims 4 version of the Winners circle :) Thank you for noticing
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Hmmm, well I guess I could make my Sim early, but it surely sucks that we have to wait until Friday here in the UK...

It's awesome to see so many new and old faces around though!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    I have a question...will we have to put our lots up on the gallery?
  • DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    I know judging is by photos, right? How will we link or share the house/household on the gallery so folks will be able to find it? I read something about using hashtags - but I don't know what that is or how to use it.
    @orangeplumbob No you don't have to put them up on The Gallery. We always judge by the photo's you provide in the media link :)

note
    I've been thinking, when people do upload to the Gallery, it might me nice to use a uniform Hashtag, so people can find it easily :)
    How about #BuildnShare1 (the number stands for the challenge number) AND #Buildnshare without a number. So you can find houses specifically from a challenge or general buildnshare houses when you forgot what challenge it was from.
    Though the general one will get crowded over time, so don't forget to add both ;)

So in short: 2 hashtags when uploading #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare1 (or the appropriate challenge number the build is for :) )
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Haha @DesiiAnowor, you were 10 seconds too early with your question ;)

We were thinking of using Hashtags indeed. 1 to link it to BuildnShare in general, 1 to link it to a challenge :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    [quote="BuildnShare;12565301
    note
    I've been thinking, when people do upload to the Gallery, it might me nice to use a uniform Hashtag, so people can find it easily :)
    How about #BuildnShare1 (the number stands for the challenge number) AND #Buildnshare without a number. So you can find houses specifically from a challenge or general buildnshare houses when you forgot what challenge it was from.
    Though the general one will get crowded over time, so don't forget to add both ;)

So in short: 2 hashtags when uploading #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare1 (or the appropriate challenge number the build is for :) )[/quote]

I think that is a superb idea. :)
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    A couple questions before I get rolling:
    • Are we going to be docked "points" if our photos are not High/Ultra quality? My game lags terribly if I set the graphics to High or higher.
    • Is this first week going to be extended at all, since the UK (and probably others overseas) won't get the game until Friday?

Thanks!
    edited September 2014
    A couple questions before I get rolling:
    • Are we going to be docked "points" if our photos are not High/Ultra quality? My game lags terribly if I set the graphics to High or higher.
    • Is this first week going to be extended at all, since the UK (and probably others overseas) won't get the game until Friday?

Thanks!

Hey there!! Points will not be deducted for not having ultra/high quality pictures, as long as they are well taken ;)

As for the extension, that is a decision that we are working on within the team at the moment :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Yay! Nice to see the first challenge! I'll be checking here very often :) Good luck to all the builders!
  • Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    Hello all, I know that I swore I would not get this version of the Sims but here I am. I have been pleasantly surprised by the game-play and lack of bugs, I do miss create-a-style and will miss pools but hey, the game is pretty nice. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for their designer!
    edited September 2014
    @SimGuruHydra Hi! thanks for dropping by! I hope we can pleasantly surprise you with our creations :) Can't wait to see the first builds myself!

@Greenowl77 Yes, we have to get creative without CASt this time! Will take a whole different level of creativity. But be sure to check out the fountain tool, I love that you can chose borders :) and don't forget the awesome re-size cheat!

• Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    Lebanna I love the new build options - even without pools and CASt they really are fantastic. Have you played with the roofing yet? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. IMO (as a builder) it is the best new feature. I cannot count the hours I spent nearly in tears over a build n share house with a complicated roof that just would not go together right! I miss move objects and I have not tried the resize cheat- I will check it out after work tonight- THANKS!!!
    edited September 2014
    @Greenowl77 I only had 4 hours of playtime a while back when I got to go to the Gamescom preview event for Platinum Simmers. I will be getting the game tomorrow myself. But yes! The roofing is awesome! It's a lot easier! but haven't been able to try much with it though :) My first build was the most horrendous build. I got comments like: That roofing looks terrible! haha I was playing with different textures on every roof part. LOVE that :)

• amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    I'm so glad BnS is here for Sims4. I had decided not to buy the game until I saw them building a house in the Twitch Live Stream. Once I saw the more intuitive tools for building, I had to have it! I've been playing since the first minute of release! Hehe. I look forward to participating in these challenges. Thank you all for the time you put in to making these challenges so much fun. <3
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think I'll enter this competition - I'll use my Scarlet Firecracker Sim :) Can't wait to start building this weekend!
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Ok, so at this point the only concern I have for joining in the Build'n'Share is the sharing part. How can I stream my screenshots? At the moment I do not have enough points to post pictures and I tend to use deviantart. Will I need to create a photobucket account and link to that from here?

Also, I am receiving my TS4 9/4. Is the cut off time still going to be next Wed or will there be a bit of a grace period for those who receive the game on a later date this week? (just this week, though!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top