Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Careers

Is there a lit of careers out yet for the sims 4?

Comments

• Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Check simsvip
  • stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Here's a list. Each one has 2 branches, so there are a total of 16 different career tracks.

Entertainer: Musician/Comedian
    Writer: Author/Journalist
    Painter: Master of the Real/Patron of the Arts
    Secret Agent: Diamond Agent/Villain
    Criminal: Boss/Oracle
    Astronomer: Space Ranger/Smuggler
    Culinary: Chef/Mixologist
    Tech Guru: eSport Gamer/Start-up Entrepeneur
  • koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    Hmm, I don't want any of those. My boyfriend sim will be an astronomer, however.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Most look like stay at home jobs to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Maybe I'm wrong but I think I read that there are no stay home carriers any longer, even painters go to disappear to work now

• BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am pretty disappointed in the list of careers. I'm more into the "normal" careers and was looking forward to: law enforcement, military, business, medical, maybe even some new "normal" careers.

Instead they gave us this. I'll make do with it but this is one of the things I am disappointed in. Luckily though, since sims just go to work via disappearing and not rabbit holes, it will probably be easy to mod in new careers.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    BWpunisher wrote: »
    I am pretty disappointed in the list of careers. I'm more into the "normal" careers and was looking forward to: law enforcement, military, business, medical, maybe even some new "normal" careers.

Instead they gave us this. I'll make do with it but this is one of the things I am disappointed in. Luckily though, since sims just go to work via disappearing and not rabbit holes, it will probably be easy to mod in new careers.

I totally agree. We have criminals but no law enforcement :\
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think I read that there are no stay home carriers any longer, even painters go to disappear to work now

I am assuming that you won't need a job to paint or write, but that the writing and painting career can help you make more money in the long run. The only difference is that your job page will still have you as unemployed like it was in the base TS2 if you had a sim who painted and sold their paintings.

Hmm, September 2 needs to hurry up and get here so we can have all of these questions answered.
  • BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Also all the jobs have "tasks" that you need to complete before getting a promotion. So there will be things to do at home i.e. have a sim get over writer's block, if they are a writer. I remember that from one of the previews or creators camps, rather.

• JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    What's telling about the careers list is even the more 'normal' ones--artist, writer, etc--were TS3's stay-at-home options. This certainly gives insight into how much higher bills are going to be in YS4.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Didn't know that, I read where even some that wouldn't stay at home still have to use a PC for certain things.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Yes, all careers are off the edge of the map 'somewhere' now but to get promotion, there are side-tasks that have to be completed at home like raising or using certain work-related skills.
  • Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    ohhhh I want to be a TechGuru or an Oracle thought I would like a Politician career.
  • StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    I like the job list....I'm really glad painting and writing are careers now...and that every career had 2 paths is nice....sure we need more careers in eps...but I'm glad they didn't just give us all the same jobs as sims 3...
  • SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
    I wish there were more small jobs like working in the library or bartender etc..
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited August 2014
    @SIMIRREVIRRE [quote=
    I totally agree. We have criminals but no law enforcement :\
    [/quote]

Madness i say , the world would run amok. We will need Superman!

Laugh out loud. Often
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm really hoping it will be easy to mod in new careers! I would make some cool normal ones :)
    Rather oddly, the teen careers are pretty normal--fast food worker, etc--and I'm wondering whether these will be open to elders, or to adults as part-time work, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Ahh makes me a little sad, I would like to see more normal type jobs listed but it will be fine. Hoping they add some more in the future :) Thanks for posting them! I wonder if we'll be able to refuse promotions this time around?