Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long does it normally take you to build a Sim house?

I enjoy building when I'm in the mood, and that can take an hour, or more if I'm building a big house.. but most of the time, I am too lazy to build a house for a new sim that's moved to my neighborhood.. I use premade houses so much, that I am a bit tired of them, and need to download more..

My mermaid Merlida just moved to my town and I have her living in a tent for the moment, it's awful..

http://s29.postimg.org/lc3k7qpzb/Merlida.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/obaguuzgn/Merlidalabor.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/iwyapx2pv/Merlidababy.jpg

worse, she just had a baby..

Comments

• GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    It depends but usually it takes me an hour or 2 to build a house and some more time to decorate it. Sometimes it takes a little less time if I already have an idea of the kind of house that I want to build.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2014
    Around 6 hours. At least a day. I was building a mansion for my Sims 3 legacy family and it's still a WIP... months later. I've got like 12 rooms left to do.

FairyLights1, it looks like you're doing some sort of challenge. XD
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    Decorating takes forever, but even if you build just the outer part, that can take some time too.. When you're in the mood to do it though, it's really fun.

-Jongarakun, 6 hours wow?

and no, no challenge, I just spend my time in the game in CAS and various other things, so I leave the building for last. lol
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    I'm slow, I know XD I enjoy building from the foundation up and then decorating everything meticulously to fit a certain theme. Painting new textures on the grass, stone, flowers, etc... And if I'm missing something, I go look for it/make it. Hence the long time.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The whole process building and decorating usually takes a couple days (a few hours a day). Building is usually a couple hours, I don't do it lots, but I tend to try something large and/or complex so I need lots of time to figure out what I'm doing.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It might take up to 30 minutes to build a small starter home while a bigger house could take an hour and my community pool took almost an hour to build and it was a very complex lot to work on.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    To build? An hour or so. All together including interior and exterior decorating...? Pfft, days. lmao
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    It takes me a long time, though I don't think on how long my homes take. It might take a day or two because once I build it, I then go into the game and play-test them. I create a family and just let them live their lives and I tweak the house even more as I find things that need to be fixed or add things from playing with my test family.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited August 2014
    @FairyLights1 if you want to talk about awful housing, let me show you the "This House Su cks !" home. In the past, I have been able to put these on 10x10 lots, though they all lack a living room! I mainly use this as (VERY) temporary housing while I build nice big mansions. This house got its name from when I was building it, I kept repeating it over and over "This house su cks !"

Screenshot-424_zps9dc076e5.jpg

In the end, it's worth it though...

Porchesmain-house_zps4c421717.jpg
    ...and...
    Poolhouseandpool_zpsb23d3f1a.jpg

The poolhouse is where that nightmare of a house once was! So long to eye-sores!
    Post edited by 5782341b77vl on
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Bleh, I can't build to save my life. I'm so jealous...

I honestly think I just lack the patience. XD

Someday, someday, I will build something beautiful.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I usually download houses because I'm not very good at building. If I do build, it usually takes me quite awhile. Once I get to the decorating part, I send a lot of time with CaSt trying to color-coordinate everything. The decorating part is fun for me, but the building, not so much. If I'm building a moderate to large house, it usually takes a few hours to complete it.
    @FairyLights1 if you want to talk about awful housing, let me show you the "This House Su cks !" home. In the past, I have been able to put these on 10x10 lots, though they all lack a living room! I mainly use this as (VERY) temporary housing while I build nice big mansions. This house got its name from when I was building it, I kept repeating it over and over "This house su cks !"

...and...

The poolhouse is where that nightmare of a house once was! So long to eye-sores!

Haha, well, that's still better than some of the temp houses I've built (or rather not build i.e..the tent).

Your house doesn't suck really, it looks kind of cozy actually. Sometimes I prefer the smaller houses, as long as you've got all the space you need, they can be better than the big mansions.

• RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    I love building houses! Usually I keep the lot size on the medium side. I never know what to do with all of the rooms when I have a huge lot to build on. It takes me from 30 minutes to an hour or so when I'm not diving into CAST.
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Tumblr | Instagram
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member

...and...

Haha, well, that's still better than some of the temp houses I've built (or rather not build i.e..the tent).

Your house doesn't suck really, it looks kind of cozy actually. Sometimes I prefer the smaller houses, as long as you've got all the space you need, they can be better than the big mansions.

I agree, I like that starter house, it reminds me of a cozy little cottage. I love building small houses (probably because I'm horrible at building larger ones). When my sims have larger houses I often don't know what to do with all of the extra space. Kind of like in real life when I watch tv shows about people living in 12,000 square foot homes. I personally wouldn't know what to do with 12,000 square foot homes. When I watch those shows it annoys me when people living in those 12,000 square foot homes see a home that's 3,000 square feet and then complain about it being tiny. I often wonder what they'd say if they saw my 1,400 square foot house LOL. Sorry I kind of got off topic.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
    edited August 2014
    I'll see if I can build and upload a "This House Su cks!" home for those who may want one. My game is sometimes "squirrelly" in build mode. I'm also going to build and upload the poolhouse after "This House Su cks!" is completed. By the way, if it comes out as "This House plum", sorry. It means the censors didn't like " Su cks" and ruined it for EVERYONE! Ding-dang it! D^:<

EDIT: Each house sold separately. Sims not included.
  • KittyKatieKittyKatie Posts: 276 Member
    It takes me so long. But I very rarely even build houses because I don't have the patience :\ when I do *attempt* to build one I never really get round to finishing them haha :)
  • wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    Far too long! I've been working on one for the last week. I'm just never 100% happy with anything...I have no house building talent lol.

I'm really excited for TS4 build tools - it'll solve a lot of issues I have (forgetting to place foundation, placing rooms in the wrong places, building rooms that are too big or small).
    edited August 2014
    This House Su cks! has been uploaded. It's §9,600 for furnished (forgot to check UN-furnished price) but it's in my studio now.

EDIT: I used only BASE items, since not everyone has the same EP's. :^)

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/5782341b77vl/mystudio
  • Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    One hour to make. Five years to stop tinkering with it.
  • EngelSim83EngelSim83 Posts: 69 Member
    I mostly need something between 2 and 7 hours^^ depending on the lot size, family size and if the lot is flat or not.^^
    My Origin: EngelSim
    Twitter:https://twitter.com/EngelSim
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I am a very slow builder but I enjoy building so that doesn't bother me :) I take breaks from building otherwise I keep churning out the same old ideas. I also like to build with a sim or family in mind. This helps with decorating ideas :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Depends, I've got a couple of basic designs I can churn out in 15 minutes (I dunno why I don't just save them to the library). Anything else is a couple of days to a week.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a sample of one house I built on a 10X10 lot below for about 10000$ to buy it furnished.
    15014954266_37cbe9b997_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • FoxybrownunlimitFoxybrownunlimit Posts: 47 Member
    I haven't built one in so long. I used to love building a pentagon shaped house in the Sims. I haven't gained much creativity since those years, so I just DL them now. Or try to rebuild my parents house and It always gets scrapped D:
    Origin/Gallery ID: InvaderMar
    Some comments have you like:
    RXFEVjA.gif
    Nice pics I'm seeing. and I'd like to download "this house sucks", when I can get on my regular pc. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top