Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A 2nd Anniversary Build Contest - [ALL WINNERS GIFTED] - CLOSED

Comments

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm playtesting my build. And still adding and changing things here and there.
    But here is a sneak peak of my build

Screenshot-6.jpg"width=600"

(edit: or should my sneak peak be in my 'entry post'? if so, I'll place it there ;) I thought it would be a bumperdy bump this way too ;) )
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2013
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited December 2013
    :D Looking good Lebanna, not long now till closing........ :-o
    edited December 2013
    I have a question:
    End Date: December 31st at 11:59PM CDT

Is it really CDT? of CST? Since it's winter, and CST is used. I don't know if I should add an hour to the time difference of subtract. I will be done before the exact time. But I would like to know ;)

• EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited December 2013
    Love, love, love your sneak peak, Lebanna! :mrgreen:

Dunno about the time zone thing. :?
    oow785m
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oooooh! Almost closing time! All the entries look Fabulous so far! :thumbup: :thumbup: Got em all Rec'd.

Lebanna- Can't wait to see more pics of your home. It looks so pretty!

As for the time thing, I'm sorry I can't help... I'm horrible with that stuff, lol! :lol:

Good Luck everyone!!! :XD:
  • Ablueidgirl2Ablueidgirl2 Posts: 444 Member
    edited December 2013
    I am considering entering this contest. I'll go play around a bit and see if an idea comes to me.

Ooh, just saw the deadline. It's not impossible for me to come up with a house in one day but ... I don't know. We'll see :D
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just wanted to apologise, and to say you should take my name away from the entries list so as not to confuse you whilst judging. You may have recently seen my Toybox thread; that's what I was working on and therefore I didn't have the time to enter this on top of that. I hope you understand that! Thanks for hosting, anyway :)

~YellowJane~
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately real life has kept me busy this past month, leaving little time for simming, so I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from the contest. :(

A big thank you to DNA, Arica and all sponsors for making this contest possible! I was really looking forward to get back into building mode for this one, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I will stop by again when the contest closes and rec all entries. The ones that are already in all look wonderful! 8)
    edited December 2013
    aawh that's to bad that you guys have to drop out :(

• InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited December 2013
    Eh, I've missed so much! :shock:

I'm still doing this build, and I don't think there is a way I can get the build and the story done by... whatever time your timezone is? *runs off to check*

Erm... I'm in the UK as you know so hasn't the deadline passed in my timezone? Eeek!

I'll make sure to get it posted your way (obviously not as an entry) when it's finished!
    edited December 2013
    I've updated my entry form!

Made it in time! yay! :):lol:

• Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited December 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    I've updated my entry form!

Made it in time! yay! :):lol:

Yay, congrats! Can't wait to read and rec!

Happy New Year to all! :D
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited December 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    I have a question:
    End Date: December 31st at 11:59PM CDT

Is it really CDT? of CST? Since it's winter, and CST is used. I don't know if I should add an hour to the time difference of subtract. I will be done before the exact time. But I would like to know ;)

Hi Lebanna,

I'm not exactly sure since I'm in the GMT zone - but I won't close this until I wake up tomorrow morning. :mrgreen:

Edit: Just saw that you had your entry posted - I got it rec'd :mrgreen:
    edited December 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    I just wanted to apologise, and to say you should take my name away from the entries list so as not to confuse you whilst judging. You may have recently seen my Toybox thread; that's what I was working on and therefore I didn't have the time to enter this on top of that. I hope you understand that! Thanks for hosting, anyway :)

~YellowJane~

It's okay, YJ!
    Happy New Year! :mrgreen:
    edited December 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    Unfortunately real life has kept me busy this past month, leaving little time for simming, so I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw from the contest. :(

A big thank you to DNA, Arica and all sponsors for making this contest possible! I was really looking forward to get back into building mode for this one, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I will stop by again when the contest closes and rec all entries. The ones that are already in all look wonderful! 8)

It's okay, Cor! Real life comes first as always!

Happy New Year, m'dear! :D
    edited December 2013
    Eh, I've missed so much! :shock:

I'm still doing this build, and I don't think there is a way I can get the build and the story done by... whatever time your timezone is? *runs off to check*

Erm... I'm in the UK as you know so hasn't the deadline passed in my timezone? Eeek!

I'll make sure to get it posted your way (obviously not as an entry) when it's finished!

I'm not closing this until the morning, Lyndz, but I can't wait to see your home even if it's not in time!

WAFFLE x
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:

~YellowJane~

It's okay, YJ!
    Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

And to you too :)
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    I viewed and rec'd every entry and all I can say is Wow!!!! If anybody wants to know what the Wow factor is just look at these entries :mrgreen: Thank you to everyone who complimented my build. It means a lot to me :mrgreen:
    edited December 2013
    I am considering entering this contest. I'll go play around a bit and see if an idea comes to me.

Ooh, just saw the deadline. It's not impossible for me to come up with a house in one day but ... I don't know. We'll see :D

Would love to see what you come up with if you have time and even if you can't get an entry on time, would still love to see :mrgreen:
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited December 2013
    :D Good Luck everyone nearly time............ 8)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2013
    Futura 2614 is a very nice home Lebanna. :)Great exterior of it. It looks nice how you have done the windows.. The flowers along the edges of the front pathway looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The curved sectional sofa seating in the living room looks great. It looks a nice light filled place for the sims to enjoy relaxing and watching tv. Great story to accompany the photos. Nero does look like he is enjoying using the telescope in his room through all parts of the day! Great photos with the window scene of both daylight and nighttime skies . Nice dining area. The glass dining table looks nice for the sims to eat their meals at and it looks great how you have placed the plants in the middle of the table for sims to see when sitting there. I hope that Astra's cooking skill improves and that she won't serve any more burnt meals! Nice photos of Astra enjoying jumping on the trampoline. Great outdoors areas for the family to enjoy spending time outside. The family will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or cooking on the bbq and eating at the table in the outdoors area and sunlight. Great shape of the pool. Great photos of Olivander been abducted by aliens! It sounds like there will be another member of the Weber family soon! It looks great how you have the photo of Astra taking a photo in her bedroom and the reflection of her is in the mirror. It looks great how you have her taking a photo f her own home and the Lucky Palm landscape in the background. I am glad that that there wasn't too much damage done when the fireplace on the deck caught on fire!
    It is a nice home and great pictures/story of your build!
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2014
    theres a good few fun and intresting stories here. Its taken me a while to read them. and i wish everyone the best of luck.
    h2xmsbl]

edited January 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Futura 2614 is a very nice home Lebanna. :)Great exterior of it. It looks nice how you have done the windows.. The flowers along the edges of the front pathway looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The curved sectional sofa seating in the living room looks great. It looks a nice light filled place for the sims to enjoy relaxing and watching tv. Great story to accompany the photos. Nero does look like he is enjoying using the telescope in his room through all parts of the day! Great photos with the window scene of both daylight and nighttime skies . Nice dining area. The glass dining table looks nice for the sims to eat their meals at and it looks great how you have placed the plants in the middle of the table for sims to see when sitting there. I hope that Astra's cooking skill improves and that she won't serve any more burnt meals! Nice photos of Astra enjoying jumping on the trampoline. Great outdoors areas for the family to enjoy spending time outside. The family will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or cooking on the bbq and eating at the table in the outdoors area and sunlight. Great shape of the pool. Great photos of Olivander been abducted by aliens! It sounds like there will be another member of the Weber family soon! It looks great how you have the photo of Astra taking a photo in her bedroom and the reflection of her is in the mirror. It looks great how you have her taking a photo f her own home and the Lucky Palm landscape in the background. I am glad that that there wasn't too much damage done when the fireplace on the deck caught on fire!
    It is a nice home and great pictures/story of your build!

Thank you Rosemow! :) I just hope it is futuristic enough haha. Turns out I'm horrible at a futuristic theme :p:) But either way, I have learned lots of new things and had fun building it :)

edited January 2014
    Thank you so much to everyone who entered!
    We are now closed and off to the judges! :mrgreen: