Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to find executable? (TS3.exe)

Okay, I have been looking for this for a very long time.
It's supposed to be in C:\program files\electronic arts\The Sims 3\game bin

I went to C:\program files
but there is NO Electronic Arts folder to be found, and now I have no idea where to go from there!

If anyone could point me in the right way, it would be much appreciated. OR, give me another suggestion to solve this problem:
THE SIMS GAME CRASHES AFTER ABOUT 25-30 MINUTES. MY COMPUTER ISN'T OVERHEATING, AND IT MEETS WAY ABOVE THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR SIMS 3. I DON'T HAVE TOO MUCH CC, OR ANY BAD CC THAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS ISSUE. WHEN IT CRASHES, IT GIVES ME A BOX THAT SHOWS SIMS 3 IS NOT RESPONDING.

~thanks to all who help!

Comments

• DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    The file you want is TS3W.exe

If you have a 32 bit OS it will be in one of the following locations:

Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

If you have a 64 bit OS it will be in one of the following locations:

Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • ellelovesyouellelovesyou Posts: 45 New Member
    edited November 2013
    The file you want is TS3W.exe

If you have a 32 bit OS it will be in one of the following locations:

Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

If you have a 64 bit OS it will be in one of the following locations:

Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

All I can find are .txt documents. I don't know why, but I don't seem to have a Electronic arts folder in program files.
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited November 2013
    Did you check under all the folders DA suggested?
    Also to help with your crashing problems could you please post a complete dxdiag? Instructions can be found in the "How to post in the technical forums" sticky.
    edited November 2013
    Did you check under all the folders DA suggested?
    Also to help with your crashing problems could you please post a complete dxdiag? Instructions can be found in the "How to post in the technical forums" sticky.

Yes, I did. I've also looked in the folders it's supposed to be located in if you downloaded it through Origin, but it seems to be nowhere.

I've checked that numerous times in the past, and had a friend who works with computers check it out, and all is well with that, so I'm assuming the crashing is because of that issue.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's there, you are overlooking it. The game would not launch without TS3W.exe being in the exact location it is supposed to be in.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe try doing this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7
    and then looking.
    As DA said, the game would not work at all if these files were not present. They are there somewhere.
    edited November 2013
    I've looked in all the locations given, and I can't seem to find it. I'm sure it's here somewhere, I just have no idea where. I've looked everywhere I've been told to, and it's simply not there.

I've checked and hidden files are shown. It's for some reason just NOT showing up.
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited November 2013
    Do you have a game icon on your desktop? If so right click it, properties, start in will tell you where the launcher executable is.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.