The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#Ideas of community lots that could raplace the current Rabitholes. Take a look and give ideas**

I was looking into other sim games to find something that could replace the rabitholes (wich i dont like, and if you like for some odd reason it does not matter cuz this post is not to discuss about that)and i felt over the portable versions of Thesims2,those were the mix of boringdom and low graphic but watever, i got wat i wanted.

Lets see :

For Restaurant and Grocery Store and hotels with real rooms, just the classic lots from TS2 Deluxe,of course.

the-sims-2-nightlife-20050722034039460.jpgMTS_MogHughson-1006464-MiniMarketCollage.jpgsims2bvpcscrnfareastchkinwm.jpg

Lets see, as for Military Base and Lab, i would sugest something like Thesims2 PSP but with better graphic and gameplay improvements

Guide-Sims2-PSP-Image_27-300x167.jpgGuide-Sims2-PSP-Image_28.jpg

Also TS2 DS had a CityHall and a Jailhouse and a farm, but i coundt find images,Could Somebody give ideas for Office and Criminal Center? as the school and Movie Studio could resemble something like that:

124737_full.jpg5_207.jpg (yes theres something good from sims3 again)

And even for SimsMedieval, yikes, The only "medical center" i ever saw :

Screenshot-38.jpg

Ps : this is not a torture machine :? .

Update - Spa Idea from Sims1 Superstar :

TheSimsSuperstar2.jpg

Of course, there are few rabbitholes that I guess, would be a bad idea to open

.PoliceStation/Jail > somewhat a more Hard stuff that is unecessary on sim game
.Hospital > I guess some scenes at last should be out of view to keep the rating
.Office > Somewhat is the only one that would be as boring open as closed
.Metro > too much complex - would make the game lagg too much
.Arboretum ,Mausoleum and Vault > Would need to be a lot bigger to work as a open lot
jr73Y.gif

Comments

• Options
    IloaniIloani Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope they bring back more interactive lots in the sims 4. I'd like to also buy my clothes too, In addition with what you've posted. But rabbit holes were put in for a reason. If we were to have all this plus an open world, id have to buy a newer computer. But that aside, yeah these would be a great replacement for those pesky rabbit holes.
  • Options
    VedaSwordVedaSword Posts: 143 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I feel like interactive lots will seem like fun at first, but get old fast. Kind of like the classroom in University Life. It was nice to see my sim inside the building, but once I did, I realized that what they were doing was kind of boring, and not very exciting to watch. I'd be okay with certain jobs being rabbitholes, and others interactive, sort of like how they did with the Ambitions expansion.
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited July 2013
    VedaSword wrote:
    I feel like interactive lots will seem like fun at first, but get old fast. Kind of like the classroom in University Life. It was nice to see my sim inside the building, but once I did, I realized that what they were doing was kind of boring, and not very exciting to watch. I'd be okay with certain jobs being rabbitholes, and others interactive, sort of like how they did with the Ambitions expansion.

This :)

I would like the non-rabbit hole buildings for theater, bistro, diner, grocery store, resort tower, bookstore, spa and any other non-career rabbit holes. Having all sims in the household working a ambitions style career would just be too much.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wat about some career rabitholes where the sim could win a career rewards that would give you the option to do something like a objetc set that could give you the oportunity to do that work like it was a open lot but at your home,like in sims2 but improvedm for exemple, a office worker could won a personal office set,a criminal could won something like the money falsifier from sims2 university and the medic would won a medic set of course :D .
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2013

loved it, missed it, but would wont the Choice to have business lots like that too, (open for business lots).
  • Options
    Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I would love it if there could be an opinion to play the building as a rabbithole or a non-rabbithole because if your playing a big family then having every building open can make your sims hard to control.
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I've been thinking about this and I don't see why they can't keep open world and have community lots load (small, quick loading screen) separately when you enter them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    I would love it if there could be an opinion to play the building as a rabbithole or a non-rabbithole because if your playing a big family then having every building open can make your sims hard to control.

Could be a rabithole door inside the open building itself, like a door (because rabitholes are just a big shell for a single door)for me they make the game less intersting and less real, but the way im saying there up is the only possible nice way to do both as i dont see why it would make your sims hard to controll when you play on a open world on sims3.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2013
    I want shopping and entertainment venues opened and lots of self-employed careers but when it comes to most work places I want something similar to the Fog Emitter idea. I want to take any custom building, stick the FE (or door or whatever object they choose) in it and select it to function as one of the RHs. Those of us who play large households still need some rabbit holes! :-)

That way, even the people who get tired of playing the 5 tasks they program for each career could also switch back to Rabbit Holes. :mrgreen:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I want shopping and entertainment venues opened and lots of self-employed careers but when it comes to most work places I want something similar to the Fog Emitter idea. I want to take any custom building, stick the FE (or whatever object they choose) in it and select it to function as one of the RHs. Those of us who play large households still need some rabbit holes! :-)

So, what do you think about that "Rabithole room-door" idea mine?, the sims on career lots could enter to work like in sims3 by the RabitholeDoor but any other function, or like "Special Task" could be done on the other parts of the lot. For exemple in the lab, in normal work they would just go by the ocult room, but if they decided to a special optional work they could use a lab like that on the picture.Just like the class thing on Sims3 UL, they have rabitholes normal class, but sometimes there is a open building class.Of course, i would prefer to keep this as an existing option. :D
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2013
    As long as they were optional and not forced on the player, that would work too! :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't think every aspect of the game can be optional in an effort to try to please everyone.

I'd love for restaurants, the movie theater, the stadium, and the spa to be open. I don't care one way or another about a clothing store, book store or grocery store. Open or closed is fine with me.

I do not want to sit through school with my sims. UL lectures test my patience enough. I do not want every single rabbit hole to open. Some should be like the medical career but others like the business career should stay sealed up tight.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't think every aspect of the game can be optional in an effort to try to please everyone.

I'd love for restaurants, the movie theater, the stadium, and the spa to be open. I don't care one way or another about a clothing store, book store or grocery store. Open or closed is fine with me.

I do not want to sit through school with my sims. UL lectures test my patience enough. I do not want every single rabbit hole to open. Some should be like the medical career but others like the business career should stay sealed up tight.

I would prefer no rabitholes, trough, your ideas sound reasonable, i was trying to get to something better for both sides, but for me, the more rabitholes get open the better, they are just unintersting too much for me,but if the classics,grocery store,restaurant and stores come back for me it is great. :-)
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited July 2013
    -Updated-

.Add of Spa Idea

.List.Few Rabitholes that could stay closed
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to agree with the idea of shopping venues, and places like bistros and spas etc being open. But there's no way I want to watch my sims at a desk at school or work, and don't really want Ambitions style careers either - they're repetitive after a while, and sometimes difficult if you have several sims in your family.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    edited July 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    TheSimsSuperstar2.jpg

.Hospital > I guess some scenes at last should be out of view to keep the rating

What are the long round things in the spa? Would love to see the criminals in jail and people in hospital beds, some sick and others dying instead of dying at home ect all the time.

Maybe there could be an autopilot option so that we can see them at work/school when we want and not at other times. :mrgreen:

There are some ambitions careers that I hope they don't get rid of. I like the interior design and the stylist, sculptor, painter.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just took that Superstar lot that have a spa section inside it, i guess if you talking about the tall stuff on the club area ,well,they look like the classic buble thing from showtime, it seens to change alot from game to game,but i can be wrong.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AhmedthemoAhmedthemo Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Nice I like this
  • Options
    Rinchan7Rinchan7 Posts: 264 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope we can chose between making american, roman, japanese and korean spas or even being able to having a few or all per town;

The american one can have pedicures and manicures, with hairstyles done

The korean one can let you stay overnight via sleeping in chair or mat on floor, has a small cafe with snacks, and rooms with different temperature that can help with your relaxation (or make you feel as if you're being cooked); I know these usually have wi-fi so your sims can bring laptops and shelves with books; they also have a kid room with toys and tv for the kids of groups of family that visit

I don't know much about roman or japanese ones because I've only read about them
  • Options
    MadMan5126MadMan5126 Posts: 366 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm completely different when it comes to rabbit holes. I actually like them.

Not all of them! But i want the school and certain work areas to be rabbit holes. Why school? Well TS3 universety life lectures were so boreing, i don't even see a point of haveing them in there. Sure the first few days would be cool with the school not being a rabbit hole, but then 4 years of it? I couldn't take it, Some times i need to get away from the children and control other sims in my house.

These are some buildings i want to be rabbit holes:
    -Business Career
    -Police Station (Unless they make more interactions with it. In TS3 there would be NPC as a police officer and not even a real sim, so i don't see the point of it not beeing a rabbit hole)
    - Hospital
    - Military

Well basically most of the work places. I want all the fun places to not be a rabbit hole, like the spa, movie theater, bistro, gym, ect.

Their just isn't a point of watching them sit at a desk or something for 8 hours. Plus if their are a few rabbit holes then that means TS4 can play on more computers and not the high tech ones.

But if they wern't to have rabbit holes, then I can see their being loading screens, which i don't mind as long as they have the same time in each section (Unlike TS2)
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Gosh this thread is making me miss The Sims 2.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,138 Member
    edited August 2013
    I definitely think we need open restaurants and social venues. I also approve of the spa being open. Also, shopping, especially for clothing! The stylist career could then be based in a store, as it should be!

I would also like to suggest coffee shops and bars (probably going to get those at some point anyway?) Also I like the library.

We need some decent wedding venues to come with the game. Ideally we need at least one indoors and one outdoors.

Also, I never bought LN because I heard it lags and takes forever to get into clubs, and the apartments aren't great, but are clubs the only venues you can go in with that? I loved Sims 2 Nightlife and I know that had both open restaurants and clubs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been thinking about this and I don't see why they can't keep open world and have community lots load (small, quick loading screen) separately when you enter them.

I would totally be fine with that. I think that would be way better than a bunch of rabbit holes. I can't stand rabbit holes.
  • Options
    SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2013
    v12creator wrote:

Of course, there are few rabbitholes that I guess, would be a bad idea to open

.Office > Somewhat is the only one that would be as boring open as closed
    .Metro > too much complex - would make the game lagg too much
    .Arboretum ,Mausoleum and Vault > Would need to be a lot bigger to work as a open lot

The only reason I will accept rabbit holes is due to technical issues. If I had it my way and in an ideal world, all venues would be open in the game. Give players who don't want to deal with their Sims at work/school the option to stick them on autopilot but give me the option to jump in and play out my Sims career/school experience whenever I want to. And I do want to! I want to be able to control my Sims at all times and see what they are doing everywhere. Seeing them disappear inside a rabbit hole sucks. I know most people disagree with me but that's just how I feel

The police station and hospital can be opened up as long as they are treated in a humourous and teen friendly way. Just because these places can be dark, depressing and intense in real life does not mean it has to be that way in The Sims universe. Use your imagination. Give us the hospital where nurses attend to pregnant Sims who sparkle out a baby (not graphic like it is in real life). Allow surgeons to operate on Sims without the blood and guts of real life, simply treat the Sim being operated on like the guy from the "Operation" board game. Have a ward where doctors administer shots, give medical advice and test patients who do not show physically intense injuries but instead moan in pain in an over the top and obnoxious way. There's a lot of fun to be had in a Sims hospital. As for the prison, have prisoners hang out in their jail cell and have police watch their behaviour. Maybe the police and the criminals can work together with the criminals helping out the police to get a shorter jail sentence or a cop going corrupt. Again keep it light and silly and there's plenty of fun to be had here.

I hate when Sims players make the complaint "I don't want to see my Sim sitting at a computer all day. I do that in real life and I don't want to relive through my Sims!" The office building needn't be boring. Sims can sit at their computers, they can talk to co-workers at the water cooler, they can have affairs with co-workers, they can photocopy their behinds, they can run errands for colleagues, participate in group research and they can do presentations. Just because office jobs are often dull in real life doesn't mean they have to be in The Sims. I mean they've made numerous, entertaining sitcoms on office life.

I don't see any problems with opening the masoleum, arboretum and vault. They could work quite similar to the tombs in World Adventures. The metro is probably the only problematic thing but I can still see developers pull it off if it's treated like any other vehicle.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I dont see a problem with opening then, Sean, im just trying to find the best for everyone, but for me ,personally i would want all of then to be open lots, i also hate Rabitholes :).

I Read "Dilbert" and it shows how a office can become humoristic :P

School Tycoon is allas show how school can be fun too.

Hospitals can become humoristic too

The Vault would sound like an old Library

The Arbotreum itself would require an entire Upgrade onto Fairies thenselves

I still think that opening the metro is a bad idea, it would lagg too much.
    jr73Y.gif