Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED - No The Sims 4 at E3!

Comments

• Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2013
    Electronic Entertainment Expo.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Meh...no biggie, I like that they're keeping me in suspense.
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • Options
    DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Oh! Okay, thanks :)
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wait, what?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I really hope they don't lose interest with the game... :?
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2013
    What annoys me about this is not that they aren't doing something at E3 but that it's an OOPS, EA isn't doing anything about Sims 4 at E3. The way they have been going about releasing information about The Sims 4 is really, really starting to annoy me. The hints, the stupid eye picture, the coded message, ALL of it.

Give me information or don't. Stop jerking my chain about it. At some point you are going to alienate your fan base pulling this kinda stuff.
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited June 2013
    What annoys me about this is not that they aren't doing something at E3 but that it's an OOPS, EA isn't doing anything about Sims 4 at E3. The way they have been going about releasing information about The Sims 4 is really, really starting to annoy me. The hints, the stupid eye picture, the coded message, ALL of it.

Give me information or don't. Stop jerking my chain about it. At some point you are going to alienate your fan base pulling this kinda stuff.

I agree. I'm also a bit annoyed--I'm hoping that this "oops" is in fact a hoax, and that they will be releasing some information either on E3 or the day(s) before E3. I know that everyone makes mistakes, but a mistake of that nature is negligent--it's unfair to get us excited and then dash our small hopes LOL.

*I also agree with what you said about releasing information. I definitely understand that they want to maximize Sims 3 sales and so they may not want to release a huge amount of information at one time... but I don't like the feeling of being led on aimlessly lol; this "mishap" with the E3 announcement is the perfect example of simmers being led on.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2013

Exactly, it's so irritating. And they always seem to do this. I don't know why they're so intent on annoying their fans to the point of alienating them.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited June 2013
    lol its probably going to be some info on the time travel one. considering they have been working on it for a while now. i really hope its awesome
  • Options
    chantera89chantera89 Posts: 359 Member
    edited June 2013

I agree 1000%! Honestly I rather them kept that announcement to themselves and just announced it later like at E3 or something. I became beyond irritated when they pulled this with University Life.
  • Options
    chester7348chester7348 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am moving on and forgetting about the sims 4 because like you said no sims 4 at E3 so guess what lets all move on and forget about this hocus pocus sims 4. So lets all quit be excited about the sims 4 and move on and forget about all this trash. Trash trash trash TRASH hocus pocus. So by the way I am not gonna let this trash disappoint me because I am moving on and forgetting about the sims 4. The excitement of the sims 4 is OVER!!!!! 100% OVER!!!!!! All about the sims 4 ain't nothing but TRASH, PUKE, amd HOCUS POCUS!!!!!!
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am moving on and forgetting about the sims 4 because like you said no sims 4 at E3 so guess what lets all move on and forget about this hocus pocus sims 4. So lets all quit be excited about the sims 4 and move on and forget about all this trash. Trash trash trash TRASH hocus pocus. So by the way I am not gonna let this trash disappoint me because I am moving on and forgetting about the sims 4. The excitement of the sims 4 is OVER!!!!! 100% OVER!!!!!! All about the sims 4 ain't nothing but TRASH, PUKE, amd HOCUS POCUS!!!!!!

HOCUS POCUS, YOU WILL NOW GET RUNNED OVER BY A 2007 FORD FOCUS! *Ford Focus runs over Chester*

There. Much better.
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well I certainly hope they still show the trailer on the 10th then, cos this is ridiculous, there was never this much secrecy about The Sims 3 when they announced it, I'm with you lot, sick of the carrot dangling, its not fair and a very good way of losing some loyal customers and fans, EITHER COME OUT WITH SOME INFO OR STOP PLAYING AROUND WITH US... :evil:
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    Anyways, silliness aside, I'm a little bothered, but not a lot. I'm not rely surprised though. They just revealed the game, and I wouldn't expect more info to come this soon.

But didn't the simlish translation lists June 10th? Hmmm...wonder what gonna happen...
  • Options
    adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited June 2013
    According to the dates related to info on sims 4 that ea had given us (May 23, June 18, July 9) the next date is set for June 18th,...so i'm pretty sure we'll get something then. perhaps three noses this time or something :P
  • Options
    YZJayYZJay Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Do they have to release information in E3 or any other gaming event? They may hold their own event separate from E3. The larger part of the simmer population are very loyal and some don't even know what E3 is because most are casual players who doesn't care much about gaming, a separate event is a better way to announce something to the fans.
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't decide.

On the one hand I'm disappointed because E3 is so close and I want to learn more about TS4. The other dates are still a fair while away.

Then again, I don't mind because there are still TS3 things to get excited about. IP looks awesome fun. I for one am so excited to learn more about the Time Travel EP! It seems like a fun concept and could be amazing.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2013
    Glic2003 wrote:

Exactly, it's so irritating. And they always seem to do this. I don't know why they're so intent on annoying their fans to the point of alienating them.
    They do it because they want us to discuss the game as much as possible. For EA this is free advertising and their advertising would be much more expensive otherwise.

But they have to release information on the Sims 4 very slowly because they don't want us to be so exited about the Sims 4 that we don't buy the remaining EPs and SPs as presents to our children. Therefore I expect their information about the Sims 4 to be very restricted until we have bought the Christmas presents for this year. But I expect a lot of information to be released in January 2014.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh really? That's fine. But, I'd like to see a new picture, though :) At E3, they will probably show some other games, and on 18th, they'd probably reveal some information on Time Travel and perhaps some on TS4 and even on I.P. I.P is coming out this 25th.

Oh, other game event this Aug, that is why they told us to save the date in Aug, sometimes on 3 weeks of Aug, so that must be TS4 :) I thought maybe it is EA/Maxis's event like they did for new expansion, to invite fan sites to play/review.

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    All I wanted was one look at the new Sims. :cry:

Guess I have to just wait for the time they want to share.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Belliflowers3Belliflowers3 Posts: 560 Member
    edited June 2013

salad_zps3e9f6d2f.png
  • Options
    Mia576Mia576 Posts: 393 New Member
    edited June 2013
    For those who still think that something will be shown: there's a very low chance. Charlie Sinhaseni did in fact never say that The Sims 4 won't appear at E3 just that the developers won't, but E3 Insider did remove the listing for the game. Maybe there's a very slim chance that something will be shown on the 10th, but personally, I don't think there will.
  • Options
    AmigoneAmigone Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I was really looking forward to E3. And I die a little bit everyday, going crazy over not seeing anything new on The Sims 4. SHOW ME SOMETHING EA, JUST GIVE SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!!! :shock: sorry....

But I cant help feeling that EA is very clever doing this, well done EA!
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited June 2013
    EA doesn't want us to stop buying things for the Sims 3 yet. So of course they will show upcoming Sims 3 expansions instead of showing us the Sims 4. Why shouldn't they?
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    EA's focus will probably be on Dragon Age III, Sims IP, and possible they'll give us a peak at the next EP, Into the Future.

I agree for Sims 4 they'll probably hold off until Gamescon so they don't overshadow what's coming sooner.

DRAGON AGE III !!! My...my...how come I forget my favourite serias ever :shock: ?

Meh....I don't care about TS4 at the moment, as long as I have DA3 :P.
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just wish they would show us something real. Not some silly code. Not a glimpse of eyes that could mean anything or nothing. Just an actual screenshot from the game.

I'd really like to get excited about TS4, but so far I'm only confused and worried by the "eyes" pic and the concept art.

That cartoony look is giving some of us a negative impression of the game already. :(